Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 06:57 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kimchee411
For 6MT backup camera. I guess I just need to pin the camera power wire, which is spliced into reverse trigger on one end, into pin 6 on the white connector (that has fakra) on the other end, right? I don't know how to do physically pin a wire into the pin 6 hole.
Earlier posts were mentioning re-pinning the unused yellow cable going to pin 8 on the red connector, but seems unnecessary.

The connection on the bottom right...

Those are small and tricky but can be re-pinned using a very small shar object.

John
Old 12-02-2023, 01:19 AM
Bob109
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carplay Cable

Originally Posted by jgoga
Anyone still interested in a direct re-route/migration of CarPlay USB cable to the back of the unit PM me. The cable uses the exact same 6 pin plug as the original (unshielded) i have a few left and ready to ship.

John
I would be interested in a cable if you still have them?
The following users liked this post:
Ayhan (12-06-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 10:55 AM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob109
I would be interested in a cable if you still have them?
Sent you a private message.

John
Old 12-05-2023, 06:00 PM
MrDeuce
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Question from a Porsche NewB here:
If you have a EU Porsche 997 that's been imported into Canada... which PCCM+ plus unit do you order? The Euro version (Part# 99764259000 ) or the North America version (Part# 99764259100 )? I've asked a couple of dealers already but none of them seem to know. Considering that the navigation maps are separate via SD card I'm assuming there must be some difference internally for them to have 3 versions? I'm guessing it has something to do with the tuner frequency that is programmed into each unit, hence why there are 3 (North America, EU/Australia/NZ, Asia/Africa) but the actual units are the same hardware-wise. Or at least I'm hoping.

Does anyone know? Help!? Want one for Christmas but don't know what to get! LOL
Old 12-05-2023, 06:04 PM
MrDeuce
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDeuce
Question from a Porsche NewB here:
If you have a EU Porsche 997 that's been imported into Canada... which PCCM+ plus unit do you order? The Euro version (Part# 99764259000 ) or the North America version (Part# 99764259100 )? I've asked a couple of dealers already but none of them seem to know. Considering that the navigation maps are separate via SD card I'm assuming there must be some difference internally for them to have 3 versions? I'm guessing it has something to do with the tuner frequency that is programmed into each unit, hence why there are 3 (North America, EU/Australia/NZ, Asia/Africa) but the actual units are the same hardware-wise. Or at least I'm hoping.

Does anyone know? Help!? Want one for Christmas but don't know what to get! LOL
I may have answered my own question - correction, WikiPedia may have. Stumbled across this article RE: ITU regions and surprise... there are 3. So thinking that's it... hardware is all the same, it's just the chip/card or whatever internally that does the radio station tuning/seeking that is different. Would appreciated if someone could confirm though too!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITU_Region
Old 12-06-2023, 04:17 PM
Ayhan
8th Gear

Default 997 pccm plus Rear facing usb mod

Originally Posted by jalvani
DM'd. Of course I just bought all the cables to build it myself :-D Still excited to have the option of not tediously re-terminating those cables.
can anyone help how to do this .. what to buy . .. thank you

Last edited by Ayhan; 12-06-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2023, 04:31 PM
Ayhan
8th Gear

Default PCCM plus USB mod

Hello can you help with usb mod ?
Old 12-10-2023, 02:32 AM
lip-
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Edit: fixed my issue so I cleaned up this post so it doesn’t cause any confusion.

This is the correct way to wire the Subaru connector in case anyone is wondering. For my wire, My ground was already in the right position.

There are already many posts about this, but since I’m referring to it again, I will include wiring diagrams shared by other members. I copied this and made sure the pins match the diagram

Black = Ground
Red = Goes to pin 4 in 10-pin connector
White = Data -
Green = Data +

My first wire matched this exactly, but neither front or rear USB mods worked. There was no power and it also created other minor issues on the PCCM+ (more static). I redid the wiring again with the exact same positions on each side of the connector and it worked meaning 1 or more wires/pins weren’t connected properly or were damaged when I reassembled the Subaru connector (it’s a tight fit in the wire going to the white 10-pin connector). So if anyone else runs into the same issue, double check your work and consider redoing the wires if needed and be careful. PCCM+ is working as expected and so are the front and rear USB mods.

I also have 14 6-pin connectors with wire leads that I won’t need. If anyone wants to DIY their front and/or rear USB cables without modifying the original header cable, PM me. $2 for one or two 6-pin connectors to cover shipping costs.
Attached Images   

Last edited by lip-; 12-10-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:03 PM
MSQ
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDeuce
I may have answered my own question - correction, WikiPedia may have. Stumbled across this article RE: ITU regions and surprise... there are 3. So thinking that's it... hardware is all the same, it's just the chip/card or whatever internally that does the radio station tuning/seeking that is different. Would appreciated if someone could confirm though too!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITU_Region
fwiw: I have a Euro 964 that I brought in that has the Euro PCCM that is the single DIN model that were for earlier cars like 964/993's. While I don't use the radio that much, I can seek and tune it to stations that I want to here in U.S. As you say these units have SD car for maps so Euro vs. US for that is not part of internals. There must be difference between the Euro & US one, but for my needs (which are limited) I haven't noticed any.

I mainly use my PCCM for steaming from my phone and for maps. I just use Waze or Google Maps so when I connect to mine I connect just using the female USB port (so it does not enable Car Play - since If I use the other port the phone recognizes it's Car Play and the maps won't show on my phone, only on the PCCM and I am forced to use the small screen on the single DIN PCCM which is near useless for maps. I prefer the maps on my phone screen.)

Last edited by MSQ; 12-11-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:20 PM
loverboy8
Banned

I just Installed a Kenwood unit along with the MOST adapter.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:25 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn’t read through the 150+ pages of this thread, so I’m going to ask (sorry if this has been answered already…I’m just really frustrated)…has anyone experienced high pitched squeaks and loud static when the PCCM+ turns on? After the noises, there is no sound. Then when I restart the car or multiple attempts at shutting off the PCCM the sound comes back. But this happens 80% of the time I start the car. I have the factory Bose system and this is the only modification I’ve done to the stereo…it was completely stock before. In the beginning after the initial installation, everything was perfect. Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-02-2024, 07:01 AM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I didn’t read through the 150+ pages of this thread, so I’m going to ask (sorry if this has been answered already…I’m just really frustrated)…has anyone experienced high pitched squeaks and loud static when the PCCM+ turns on? After the noises, there is no sound. Then when I restart the car or multiple attempts at shutting off the PCCM the sound comes back. But this happens 80% of the time I start the car. I have the factory Bose system and this is the only modification I’ve done to the stereo…it was completely stock before. In the beginning after the initial installation, everything was perfect. Any help would be appreciated
Your Bose amp broke -- the relay and/or capacitors in it usually. There's various repair services for that. I have the exact same thing and still have the original PCCM 2.1 Unfortunate this would happen just when you got your new PCCM+ but almost certainly unrelated -- the connection is optical and one wouldn't be able to harm the other.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerFlower
Your Bose amp broke -- the relay and/or capacitors in it usually. There's various repair services for that. I have the exact same thing and still have the original PCCM 2.1 Unfortunate this would happen just when you got your new PCCM+ but almost certainly unrelated -- the connection is optical and one wouldn't be able to harm the other.
Crap. Do you have any listings for these repair services?
Old 01-02-2024, 05:59 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

I haver no affiliation with this company: Porsche Amp Repair

John
Old 01-02-2024, 06:45 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 126 Posts

I used https://www.bergvillfx.com for mine. Even though they're in Norway, I had the amp back in about a week and the pricing is very reasonable. Would highly recommend.
The following users liked this post:
Steven C. (01-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request