Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 03:21 PM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 66 Posts

Are there still issues w the nav SD cards?
Need NY and north east
Old 09-17-2023, 05:03 PM
brudomen
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elvn
Are there still issues w the nav SD cards?
Need NY and north east
i got a new one from the dealer about 2 months ago and the problem was fixed
Old 09-19-2023, 12:31 AM
irysfan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve W
Pin 7 on the power connector block A of the PCCM provides the 12v turn on for external devices such as amplifiers and antennas. Amplifiers and antennas turn on with 12v to the turn on wire, not 5v.
For external amp's remote turn on, is it better to use A7 or A2 from PCCM+? I saw multiple wiring & pin-out diagrams, these are sometimes NC or Switched 12V output with delayed off for ASK amp (A2) or Switched 12V input (A7). I also saw some posts about using C1's CAN wakeup pin but am planning to stick to the more traditional approach to use power conenctor's switched 12V pin(s).

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
So hopefully, to close this configuration off, I followed Steve W's approach: Used the 12 pin connector to a L and R RCA out, directly to the 'A' channel of the Hertz Mille amp (I was previously using the A and B via the yellow C1 connector block, after activating the PCCM+ AMP).
Does anyone know the Vrms output of the following outputs for external amp:
  1. 12-pin connector L/R RCA out (to MOST box)
  2. Speaker-level output (Connector B) - saw this was 1.2V in one of the post (seems too low)
  3. C1 connector Line L/R (if set to AMP output)
Looking for one with the highest output with lowest noise floor ideally. Is it correct that #1 is the best when used with shielded RCA but one would lose fade control from the PCCM (not a big deal)? Any good source to purchase the 12pin connector?

Last edited by irysfan; 09-19-2023 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-21-2023, 11:58 AM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope someone can help. (I know most people will rely on CarPlay/Google Maps/etc. but I would like to get the built-in nav to fully work.) I've been trying to get a working Map SD card. The second one had the same problem as the first. The third one looked just like the first and second one, so my dealer and I said "why bother" and I've been waiting some more time before trying again. The dealer helped me with updating the PCCM+ software itself, but I already had the latest version.

However (see Post 1951 in this thread), I was hoping someone with a working SD card could put the card into a reader and check folder and file dates to have some hope of identifying a good card. Porsche violated good practice by apparently not changing part numbers, packaging or labeling with the "fixed" cards, so you can't tell without opening the box and putting the card in. When you do that, files and folders are added to the card by the PCCM+ itself. Once the card has lost its virginity, it's hard to know what's going on.

I still have the "everything after New York can't be found" as well as some annoying "iGo Navigation has failed" followed by "Restarting iGo" messages.

Anyone?
Old 09-21-2023, 12:01 PM
Alfnado
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfleahy
I hope someone can help. (I know most people will rely on CarPlay/Google Maps/etc. but I would like to get the built-in nav to fully work.) I've been trying to get a working Map SD card. The second one had the same problem as the first. The third one looked just like the first and second one, so my dealer and I said "why bother" and I've been waiting some more time before trying again. The dealer helped me with updating the PCCM+ software itself, but I already had the latest version.

However (see Post 1951 in this thread), I was hoping someone with a working SD card could put the card into a reader and check folder and file dates to have some hope of identifying a good card. Porsche violated good practice by apparently not changing part numbers, packaging or labeling with the "fixed" cards, so you can't tell without opening the box and putting the card in. When you do that, files and folders are added to the card by the PCCM+ itself. Once the card has lost its virginity, it's hard to know what's going on.

I still have the "everything after New York can't be found" as well as some annoying "iGo Navigation has failed" followed by "Restarting iGo" messages.

Anyone?
Order from a dealer that knows what it’s doing. Gaudin has the correct cards.
The following users liked this post:
diceman725 (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:09 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 294 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfnado
Order from a dealer that knows what it’s doing. Gaudin has the correct cards.
I received an updated card from Gaudin as well. I wasn't expecting it to be correct, as the packaging and update date appeared to be the same as the old one I sent in. However, I entered addresses and nav directions for states that had previously not showed up (NY, Texas, etc.) and they all seem to be there now.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:59 PM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

For what it's worth, Gaudin's website shows a map card from Q4/2019 with a different part number (99664250200 - Europe maps?) than both of my cards (Q2/2021, PGC64250400). Their parts search function can't find the current part number.

Knowing websites can be flaky, I called Gaudin's parts department. They have "lots" of the PCG642-504-00 cards, just like the one I have in my hand. The person I spoke with wasn't aware of the issue and couldn't tell me whether his stock was the "correct" ones or just like the ones I have had that don't work.

I'll repeat my earlier question - Can anyone verify folder and file dates on a card that does work?
Old 09-21-2023, 04:32 PM
diceman725
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The dealer helped me with updating the PCCM+ software itself, but I already had the latest version.

Any insight you can share? I need an update to my PCCM and it's supposedly available but closest dealer has no interest in helping me. I have a 955/957.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:10 PM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

My dealer found software on the internal Porsche site. It is a zip file called "99764259100_PCCM_PLUS_9X7.zip." They were happy to give me this software (no $ - who'd a thunk it? - and probably against the rules).

It is supposed to be the most recent version of the software for the 9X7 models. They also downloaded a separate installation document called "Porsche Classic Communications Management PCCM Plus 997/987 and first-Generation Cayenne - Update procedure." It has no document identification number. It should (might) work for your 1st gen Cayenne if you have the PCCM+.

When the file is unzipped, a folder called "Software PCCM Plus 997_987 99764259100_04042023" appears. The instructions tell you what to do to create a USB thumb drive that you plug in to do the update. Some of the files inside the folder are dated 4/5/2023. Since I got my PCCM+ in January, I thought this was a good sign that there was some new software on the drive.

I followed the procedure, but my PCCM+ software was already at the latest levels. Apparently, the April file dates mean nothing - the software is pre-January 2023.

You can see what you have from System / Settings / Version Info. You will see a list of modules and versions. For example, the OS version in the zip file is 20221010 and the MCU version is V202_M8A1107. I already had those on my PCCM+, so the "update" didn't do anything. You should check yours and see if this update will do anything. It is possible that there might be a later update. I got the zip file from the dealer in August.

And the map SD was still not fully functional. I'm still working that problem, unsuccessfully so far.
The following users liked this post:
Clnilsen (09-24-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 04:11 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

OS software updates have always been free.. as they are basically fixes..
The only thing historically Porsche charged for, was the Map updates.. since that is a data service

At least good to know they can update things.. lets hope they do release an update in the future that somewhat improves some of the glitches.
for me the MP3 audio shuffle is a bit hit & miss
I'de love to see a wireless Android auto (BT is already in the device) But I kinda doubt it, thats a big spec change to expect from an OS update

Last edited by svandamme; 09-22-2023 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:44 AM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m wondering if this fixes the disappearing logos on XM. Do you have the satellite radio option working on your radio. If so are the logos present at all times?
Old 09-23-2023, 05:10 PM
JJT
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoga
I sell the cables needed for this and i have one set left.

John

​​​​​​Do you have a set of cables left? You can tell me privately if you want.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:01 PM
1Crazyoldgoat
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a local shop install my PCCM plus. So far it has been a disaster. He did not install the jumper, so I have no radio reception. He is going to fix that Tuesday. The only manual I got was that four or five page booklet which tell me what each button does. When I try to enter an address it will only allow me to enter one or two characters, and then freezes. I found a work around which requires that I hit several buttons before I can enter each character, but I don't know how to get the unit to save the address.

Is there a manual or video available that explains how to make this thing function? Did I pick the wrong shop? This can not be the way this unit is designed to function. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Thanks
Old 09-24-2023, 02:17 PM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
I’m wondering if this fixes the disappearing logos on XM. Do you have the satellite radio option working on your radio. If so are the logos present at all times?
I do not have Sirius/XM set up on my radio, so I can't help with that issue.
Old 09-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Clnilsen
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My dealer found software on the internal Porsche site. It is a zip file called "99764259100_PCCM_PLUS_9X7.zip." They were happy to give me this software (no $ - who'd a thunk it? - and probably against the rules).

It is supposed to be the most recent version of the software for the 9X7 models. They also downloaded a separate installation document called "Porsche Classic Communications Management PCCM Plus 997/987 and first-Generation Cayenne - Update procedure." It has no document identification number. It should (might) work for your 1st gen Cayenne if you have the PCCM+.

When the file is unzipped, a folder called "Software PCCM Plus 997_987 99764259100_04042023" appears. The instructions tell you what to do to create a USB thumb drive that you plug in to do the update. Some of the files inside the folder are dated 4/5/2023. Since I got my PCCM+ in January, I thought this was a good sign that there was some new software on the drive.

I followed the procedure, but my PCCM+ software was already at the latest levels. Apparently, the April file dates mean nothing - the software is pre-January 2023.

You can see what you have from System / Settings / Version Info. You will see a list of modules and versions. For example, the OS version in the zip file is 20221010 and the MCU version is V202_M8A1107. I already had those on my PCCM+, so the "update" didn't do anything. You should check yours and see if this update will do anything. It is possible that there might be a later update. I got the zip file from the dealer in August.

And the map SD was still not fully functional. I'm still working that problem, unsuccessfully so far.

that’s some great info. I was really wondering how these are going to be maintained. I’d love to do an update when available.

wondering if we should create a document somewhere on links to software versions and zip files when available.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request