Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 10:23 PM
Brisel
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod not supported by PCCM+

My Android and iPhone work fine with the PCCM+ in my 997 for music etc but my iPod is “not supported.” USB connection and with no other devices with active Bluetooth nearby.

I had the unit installed last week just before a road trip, so no time to test it out before leaving, or load my iPhone up with my music database.

The iPod is an iTouch 7 with the software kept up to date.

What am I doing wrong? Is the PCCM+ only for smart phones?
Old 10-20-2023, 02:58 AM
medicus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brisel
My Android and iPhone work fine with the PCCM+ in my 997 for music etc but my iPod is “not supported.” USB connection and with no other devices with active Bluetooth nearby.

I had the unit installed last week just before a road trip, so no time to test it out before leaving, or load my iPhone up with my music database.

The iPod is an iTouch 7 with the software kept up to date.

What am I doing wrong? Is the PCCM+ only for smart phones?
Nothing wrong. iPod is not supported. Unfortunately.
The following users liked this post:
Brisel (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 12:45 PM
Brisel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by medicus
Nothing wrong. iPod is not supported. Unfortunately.
Thanks, but I found the answer to my own question.

I paired the iPod via Bluetooth only and it worked ok, with limited control functionality. Presumably I wouldn’t be able to pair more than one device so wouldn’t have the ability to use the phone through it too. That’s not a big issue but mildly inconvenient.

Luckily, I have the phone mounted in a Brodit holder and charging from one of the 12V sockets. It runs the Waze app for navigating and speed cameras.
Old 10-20-2023, 03:06 PM
medicus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brisel
Thanks, but I found the answer to my own question.

I paired the iPod via Bluetooth only and it worked ok, with limited control functionality. Presumably I wouldn’t be able to pair more than one device so wouldn’t have the ability to use the phone through it too. That’s not a big issue but mildly inconvenient.

Luckily, I have the phone mounted in a Brodit holder and charging from one of the 12V sockets. It runs the Waze app for navigating and speed cameras.
OK. I have an iPod classic, no bluetooth, only wired. And there’s no support.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:47 AM
medicus
Advanced

Originally Posted by sdharmani
@medicus - if you ran a backup camera cable, you need to shield it. It causes static that varies with engine rpm.
No, so far I don't have a backup camera cable yet that is still being installed. But the noise is already there.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:22 AM
medicus
Advanced

Default Backup Camera

Where did you put the RCA Chinch connection between the video cable and the backup camera? In the engine compartment or in the bumper? Or somewhere else?
The chinch connection is not waterproof. Is that an issue?
Old 11-04-2023, 04:27 PM
sacapo
1st Gear

Hi there!!
I have just installed my PCCM plus and my spotify sound quality is quite bad. I have tried both spotify EQ and PCCM plus audio and no success.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
Old 11-04-2023, 04:36 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 997.2 PLEASE!!

Have one in a 2007 C2S and love it!! Now I need one for a 2010 turbo. Please, Porsche? Are you listening?
Old 11-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,102 Posts

Originally Posted by jfort
Have one in a 2007 C2S and love it!! Now I need one for a 2010 turbo. Please, Porsche? Are you listening?
if you have PCM 3, highly recommend a CarPlay module for it.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:47 AM
Lizard King
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCCM+ is working surprisingly well in my 987.1

Thank you to all who contributed create and clarify the install instructions. Mine works great now, once I figured out that the NAV micro SD card (as packaged) resides inside the larger SD card. A bit like a Russian doll (or a Trojan horse). One needs to have tiny fingers to get that micro card onto the slot and engage securely. Mine shot out of the slot like a rocket a couple times before it finally hooked in.
Make sure to run the set-up procedure as soon as you complete the install, so that the the PCCM+ will then confirm correct installation. Even my steering wheel controls all work. My sound is much improved over stock. I have the Bose and Sport Chono, and my daytime running lights are on, which I like. Visually, It looks great considering there are no more useless phone dialing buttons occupying precious real estate, and also my original LCD display screen had bubbled its surface, and was horribly vignetted.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:00 AM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard King
I just installed my PCCM Plus in my ‘06 987.1/S.
It works, but guess what?
It took me hours to figure out that there’s a little micro SD card hidden inside the large SD card.
ARGH.
Although I had searched and searched, I couldn’t find anybody that was having a problem getting the software installed from the “large” SD form factor.
Am I the only person that bought the navigation software from Porsche classic?

This is stupid.
I purchased the unit and had it installed back in January at a specialty shop. My first SD card was faulty but then I was sent a replacement and now all states are recognized. Otherwise the PCCM+ is working great. I'm waiting for the local Porsche dealer to install a few more of these so that I could get them to install a rear view camera.

The PCCM+ is truly a game changer in terms of modernizing the Cayman S. I use Android Auto most of the time but the overall OEM look is quite satisfying and though I don't drive mine as much as I once did, the PCCM+ definitely adds to the convenience of having a spur of the moment Sunday drive.
Old 11-08-2023, 01:59 AM
ryanla997
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI, in case any one else was experiencing this problem:

I had an issue where sound quality through both the internal and external microphones was extremely muted with the PCCM+. I tried a variety of sound settings and microphone locations and everyone I spoke to said my voice was very distant and muted.

I decided to buy a BT conversion kit to transform my wired CarPlay into wireless CarPlay. For some reason, the microphone now works well and the sound volume is normal. There obviously was some issue with having the phone wired into apple car play that affected the microphone.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:16 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

Old 11-11-2023, 06:56 PM
jondrayton
8th Gear

For some reason I am struggling to connect the red connector in the photo below, The pins seem straight, do you just have to use a lot of force?

Last edited by jondrayton; 11-11-2023 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 11-11-2023, 07:31 PM
brudomen
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jondrayton
For some reason I am struggling to connect the red connector in the photo below, The pins seem straight, do you just have to use a lot of force?

yes, very hard to seat it.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request