Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 04:57 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=midcont;19330326]I don't have great interior pics handy but here are a few before the PCCM was installed and before i recovered my steering wheel. It's got sport seats with backs painted also.
The shop is Extreme Motorsports on Rt. 4 in Paramus. Speak to John the owner. He is well versed now on installing this unit the right way.

looks great! Let me know if you’re interested in a stone gray leather shift console with yellow deviated stitching. I’m looking to shift it for far less than sun coast’s $800+.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:56 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 567 Likes on 338 Posts

HOT af!

Originally Posted by midcont
I don't have great interior pics handy but here are a few before the PCCM was installed and before i recovered my steering wheel. It's got sport seats with backs painted also.
The shop is Extreme Motorsports on Rt. 4 in Paramus. Speak to John the owner. He is well versed now on installing this unit the right way.

Last edited by myw; 03-15-2024 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:03 PM
TD1932
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, this thread has been incredibly helpful, I knocked out my installation in about an hour last night. When pretty smooth, other than getting the subwoofer back aligned with those 4 steel clips to then slide forward. took a few minutes to get that lined up correctly.

My one issue is my factory 997.1 multifunction wheel does not control anything on the car. I've only driven the car a few times since I bought it, and honestly never turned on the radio, so I can't say for certain if the factory PCM worked with the wheel. It is a 1-owner 16k mile car, so the wheel on the car should be original. I did power up the unit to test it before running the "auto-configure" in the systems menu, perhaps it did not "find" the wheel and needs a full reset and re-run the auto configure?

Any thoughts?
Old 03-14-2024, 11:16 PM
ochristofferson
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoga
Yes, for $75....i ordered parts for 10 cables.

John
I know this is rather old but figured I'd ask anyway.
Still available? If so, I'm in.
Thanks.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:03 AM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ochristofferson
I know this is rather old but figured I'd ask anyway.
Still available? If so, I'm in.
Thanks.
PM'd you.

John
The following users liked this post:
ochristofferson (03-15-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 07:52 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 2,101 Posts

There hasn't been a lot of discussion around the Enfig microphone since December of 2022 before the unit was even available in the US, but I wanted to bring to everyones attention that they're offering a housing only. Select it from the dropdown. Got it a week or two ago and will install it when I get my car back.

When I setup my PCCM+ last year, I decided to just put the microphone in the footwell area and deal with it later since I don't frequently take calls in the car. However, there were a few times last year where I got a call and obviously given the microphone location, the person could barely hear me. Will post my findings when I get it installed. No affiliation with the seller or product outside of buying one.

https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-mic-por1/
Old 03-25-2024, 10:28 PM
ihor
4th Gear

Originally Posted by svandamme
Somebody else will have to answer that one, I only did the manual..
Tip is easier from what I understand because PCCM alreayd knows the reverse is enabled. But not sure if that happens via the yellow cable or not.

if not, then probably yes you can power the camera off it.
Quick check , does the yellow cable on your PCCM harnass, lead to a cable on the Car's din connector? or is it also a dead end?
if its a dead end, than it can be used for power.

dead end on my manual
The yellow wire is dead end on my 2008 997 turbo tiptronic as well. The tiptronic DOES immediately switch to rear camera view when you switch into reverse, but it DOES NOT output 12V power to on any of the pins on the camera connector.
In fact it appears to connect pin 8 to ground. Not sure what is going on there. I connected the camera to the power wiring harness adapter to the Pink wire which is nominally the "external amp" wire. I'm not sure how this wire actually works, I would have thought that this is the "ACC or Ignition" input wire, but maybe thats on another pin on the 20 pin connector. My power connector has only 3 pins, (+12 constant, Ground, and that white wire going to pin 5. The camera is then powered any time the car is running, but... thats OK.

Old 03-28-2024, 03:53 PM
Scb1712
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Kit to switch front and rear USB?

Is someone still selling a kit to swap the functionality of the front and rear USB on the PCCM? Please PM me if still available and cost with shipping to Canada.

Cheers!
Old 03-28-2024, 05:33 PM
ihor
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Scb1712
Is someone still selling a kit to swap the functionality of the front and rear USB on the PCCM? Please PM me if still available and cost with shipping to Canada.

Cheers!
You can purchase all of the connector parts from Digi-key.

GT17 connector and its parts (these are annoyingly separate)
GT17HN-4DS-2C(A) (4 pin insert, brown keying)
GT17HNS-4DS-5CF (shield connection)
GT17HNS-4DS-HU (Outer plastic shell)
GT8-2428SCF(70) (insert pins, you need at least 3)

10 pos connector and its pins
PADP-10V-1-S (10 pin housing)
SPH-002T-P0.5L (pins for 10 pin housing)

You will also need a short usb extension to cut up for the female USB port. Something like this:
Amazon Amazon

Crimp tool:
Amazon Amazon

You could save the internal connector, or if you want you can re-pin it or just make a new one. I don't have the parts list for that.
Old 04-08-2024, 03:51 PM
JJT
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Do you know if the camera warning on the screen can be canceled when putting reverse gear?
Old 04-29-2024, 02:42 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 567 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT
Do you know if the camera warning on the screen can be canceled when putting reverse gear?
yes!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post18775840

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...C103MHD/589287
Old 05-01-2024, 09:29 PM
rzimm
1st Gear

Hi
I would like to move my usb to behind the dash for my 997.1 porsche classic radio. Do you still have cables? Thanks! Rick. Rick@urbanequity.net
Old 05-09-2024, 08:25 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

If you’re having microphone issues with poor sound quality during phone calls try this:

I figured out the poor sound quality of the microphone during phone calls. This is a MUST know item for iPhone users. My iPhone’s microphone was set to voice isolation and the sound quality during phone calls on the PCCM+ was terrible/unusable. The iPhone noise cancellation and the PCCM+ noise cancellation were both working against each other on the external microphone of the PCCM+. To adjust this setting, you must be in an active phone call on the iPhone while it’s connected to the PCCM+. Swipe down from the top right on the iPhone and you will see a microphone mode button. Press that button, and set it to STANDARD. I’ll add a picture tomorrow.

This is likely the same for all versions of PCCM+ and iPhone users. It’s important enough that Porsche should know about it or else they’ll have a lot of unhappy PCCM+ owners.

My config:
2004 Cayenne Turbo w/Bose
PCCM+ added with external microphone mounted to the steering column and selected on the PCCM+
The following 3 users liked this post by JAGMAN1:
diceman725 (05-09-2024), JustinCase (05-17-2024), Rod18 (05-11-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 04:54 AM
TB66
1st Gear

Default power pins

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
I have a vehicle that went from PCCM 2.1 ASK system to an aftermarket HU and Hertz 4 channel amp. I added a salvaged BOSE rear deck speaker, wired it all up myself and it sounded great. It failed at 2 things: no CANBUS connection (nav in the cluster) and no buttons/*****. The PCCM+ solved this, so I'm installing it. Since everything worked correctly and perfectly before, I'm just introducing into the existing signal chain. The challenge has been finding line level RCA outs to feed the amp. I purchased a C1 connector block with RCA outs and that now appears to work. Here's the issue: The left and right channels are reversed. The amp is wired correctly, the loom is still original and untouched and the speakers are also original and untouched. The aftermarket wiring block has been tested and also appears correct. The ONLY thing it can be is that the PCCM+ pin outs are switched (pins 1,2,4 and 5). Does that sound likely?

Thanks!
Hi there!

Can anyone help me with the power pins diagram? What is necessary to connect in order to start the unit outside the car. (I know that you also have to connect the ignition and/or parking to the 12V)
I have a test unit - model 997.642.590.00 PCRN3-Plus-9x7-RDW - came with no cables. I need to start it outside the car with a 12V power supply for some software development.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2024, 10:17 PM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 66 Posts

Does anyone know if the faulty map SD cards have been all fixed? Want to get one but suncoast still list it as a q2 2021 version which seems kinda dated

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request