The pics will be a repeat but there are new stuff

Adventures of the Fried Egg 911. Episode 7: 30 Hours of Fun
Old 03-26-2024, 01:34 AM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 165 Posts

Found the fancy pics, there’s a few more but y’all get the jist

The following 5 users liked this post by 2mAn:
beermanpete (03-26-2024), circuit.heart (03-26-2024), plpete84 (03-26-2024), TheDeckMan (07-05-2024), Woodman71 (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 05:45 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

​Finally got these pics from a photographer who snaps cars on Angeles Crest.

This pic is from the drive back in January that @plpete84 was on with us. Early riser

and this one was from the March drive.

Trying to finally get the shorty mufflers installed, but am concerned with lack of hanger support, so I hit up my buddy Charlie to help out with the last solution. I had spoken to Kevan about helping with me with this in the initial phase of making these, but my schedule is too jammed to get out to his place. Luckily Charlie lives a few minutes from me and loves to make loud noises so he will full encourage this behavior​.

I also think Im about ready to add the Carrera side stripes

Last edited by 2mAn; 04-01-2024 at 05:46 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2mAn:
freddworks (05-15-2024), plpete84 (06-05-2024), wdb (04-02-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 02:55 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Dang, not sure why the thread didnt get the Fried Eggs & Jam update didnt hit here

Wont go into too much detail here. I have a thread already about it and I made a

so you only get one pic

Been slightly distracted with this other 911 project...

Luckily I have been able to sell a few of the other distractions off, should have my rebuilt GT3 Coilovers here soon and was going to buy a steering wheel that I really wanted, but it looks like Im buying a Carbon Fiber hood instead. Im dragging my feet on sending the money, but not sure why... I should just send it already.

Money I DID send was to register for the Central Coast PCA regions track day at LAGUNA SECA. As a NorCal kid this track has always been a dream. Weird that I will end up finally driving Laguna Seca after already haven driven on the Nurburgring, twice...

Its Fathers' Day and I used my 'selfish' choice of what I wanted to do for my day to say I want to go to the track, on my own dime haha...

Last edited by 2mAn; 05-13-2024 at 02:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2mAn:
Porschetech3 (05-13-2024), wdb (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 09:51 PM
cqhall
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 2mAn
Ok, where to start...

I will start by saying that I'm glad to hear you have survived that accident. I would not want to go through that scenario personally, but I know that as enthusiasts who like to enjoy our cars that these things can happen.

You begin by saying you're not trying to criticize or offend, but a lot of what follows was both offensive, very critical and often condescending, but you're free to do so, this is a public forum. I will try to remain level headed and open-minded, but you certainly are "coming at me"... You can also 'change the channel' nobody is forcing you to watch my 'amateur' work here.

Anyways, lets discuss the two items you have issues with and lets see what is a solution rather than just being critical. I prefer to search for solutions than argue. I'm not an engineer. In fact I'm a drop-out ME student who has a business degree. I don't pretend to be one.

Your critique of my seatbelt mount is full of assumptions on both what I've used and what others sell. I used steel, a fair thickness, one piece. 3 drilled holes. Both the BK and the linked VAC one appear to be the same. Steel, thick, drilled holes. Everything else you mentioned is an assumption. Im confident in the metal used, and also the hardware used. My hardware is used parts from cars I've parted out, so these are OEM grade materials, mostly german cars too. Not chinesium as you assumed. Im confident in the seat-belt buckle and am fine not spending $200+ on two similarly shaped bent pieces of metal. The VAC pair at $40 is a different story. Compelling enough to consider. Just might... but we'll see as theres no way to know for sure if they will work. Theres also no way to really determine if they are better until it hits the fan.

The spacing up of the seat is one Im very willing to listen to constructive suggestions. I needed ~1" of height. I felt the combination of the square stock combined with the solid spacer was more than adequate for reasons I cannot explain in proper terms. It wasnt my first option, I had several ideas I went through before settling on what I've shared. It doesnt need to be the final option, but will only be changed when an appropriate solution is presented. My goal was to get the spacer to fill up the entire channel that the bolt went through, but with a small gap, a washer was added (if needed) to fill the void so there would be no play. Its effectively solid through the channel that the bolt passes through.
I know I'm very late to the party here. But, the cool thing about forums is that the info is here for years.

Dude, this was absolutely the wrong attitude to take when @Atgani offered their feedback. I said, "What the eff?!", under my breath several times when I watched your video on the matter. Not to mention seeing you cut up your child's car seat so that it would fit better in the back where you removed the seats.

All on a car that you drive in an area with some of the worst traffic in the country and take to the track.

Physics doesn't care about how cool your car looks. Physics doesn't care if you saved a few bucks. Physics doesn't care if you were finally able to get the seats to fit.

All of these engineering standards, rules, etc...are written in blood.

I really hope you reconsider putting the stock seats back in or at least getting the Recaros properly installed. While I admire your DIY spirit, you should listen when people say things that will keep you safe and don't be an idiot and get mad because they tried to help you. You obviously don't know what you are doing.

Jesus dude. The ends absolutely do not justifiy the means here.

Get mad if you want. I don't care. This is an opportunity for you to learn...or not.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:09 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Finally starting to get my garage organized and decided it was time to install the Carrera side stripe decals. Figured I would start on the passenger side so any mistakes could be avoided on the side I would see more often. Overall it went quite well. I tried really hard to make sure the areas that fell on the door gaps would be a smooth transition and I think it worked out well overall.

The 'Before'

The 'During'

The 'After'

996love (05-17-2024), plpete84 (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 12:35 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,166 Likes on 746 Posts

Have to say that looks pretty awesome! Good job...
The following users liked this post:
2mAn (05-17-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 02:52 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Took it up to another GVBC and had a great day.

Some other cars in attendance that I enjoyed:
Short-stroke 3.2 on Motec with a 915. Owner was great. @dadanosbest on IG

Wealthy car collector @bigfuknfstdaddy on IG . He owns the Red Pikes Peak 997TT among several other cars. He's like the Jon Daly of the LA car scene LOL

Some (former) Hoonigans

Trying to get my car (and mind) prepped for the PCA Laguna Seca event on June 16. I want to flush the brake fluid, install the GT3 brake ducts and get it teched. They wont let me self tech, so its tempting to pay a shop to do that... and maybe change the gear oil too, but in the blink of an eye it gets expensive. I think I want to tackle the brake fluid myself and have the shop doing the tech deal with the gear oil. I have some Swepco 201 that never got used in my old Datsun, but not sure a shop will let me provide my own fluid... so any suggestions are welcome.
plpete84 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 05:24 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,794 Likes on 2,168 Posts

Originally Posted by 2mAn
Took it up to another GVBC and had a great day.

Some other cars in attendance that I enjoyed:
Short-stroke 3.2 on Motec with a 915. Owner was great. @dadanosbest on IG

Wealthy car collector @bigfuknfstdaddy on IG . He owns the Red Pikes Peak 997TT among several other cars. He's like the Jon Daly of the LA car scene LOL

Some (former) Hoonigans

Trying to get my car (and mind) prepped for the PCA Laguna Seca event on June 16. I want to flush the brake fluid, install the GT3 brake ducts and get it teched. They wont let me self tech, so its tempting to pay a shop to do that... and maybe change the gear oil too, but in the blink of an eye it gets expensive. I think I want to tackle the brake fluid myself and have the shop doing the tech deal with the gear oil. I have some Swepco 201 that never got used in my old Datsun, but not sure a shop will let me provide my own fluid... so any suggestions are welcome.
I'd call them up when scheduling and ask them what they use. You can always ask them if you can bring in a different gear oil. They will probably have an opinion as we'll which is always good to hear. Make sure you have plenty of brake pads and rotors left.
2mAn (05-28-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 11:47 AM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Went on my usual Saturday Morning meeting and drive. Havent done it in a while and man oh man was it a foggy start. One side of the mountain was clear, but at the peak and the coastal side... white-out.

Had a few 'cosmetic' items show up this last week too. Have an update on the interior coming, but had to skip the steering wheel when that Carbon Fiber hood popped up. That will come soon once I sell a few more parts.

Excited to get these in the car.

I also dropped off the car at RedLine Service to have them flush the brake fluid, check the brakes and other items to make sure I'm good when I go to Laguna Seca in less than 2 weeks. They are also going to install the GT3 brake ducts that were the first thing I bought for the car, over a year ago haha
GC996 (06-05-2024), plpete84 (06-05-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 01:03 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

So this was fun.

Didnt break anything.

beermanpete (06-18-2024), plpete84 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 01:34 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,770 Likes on 903 Posts

Awesome! How did the day play out and would love to hear your driving and track impressions.
Old 06-28-2024, 03:24 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plpete84
Awesome! How did the day play out and would love to hear your driving and track impressions.
The car did quite well and I improved as each session progressed. Already know a few things I can do to improve the next time I'm out there.

I was hoping to have my GT3 Coilovers done and installed before, but they just wrapped up. Sadly, in my quest to find some GT3 Top Mounts here in the classifieds I got scammed. Hoping I can somehow retrieve the funds, but it is very frustrating and annoying because I thought I had taken all the steps to protect myself but Venmo told me to pound sand...

I need to add some pics, but I've got a pic from the Corkscrew and need to take a pic of the one other update I made to the car. Interior is getting close to completion which is nice. A few items left to complete before its done.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:25 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

The following 3 users liked this post by 2mAn:
beermanpete (06-29-2024), plpete84 (07-08-2024), TheDeckMan (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 04:30 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 245 Posts

Track shots look great!
2mAn (07-06-2024)

Quick Reply: The White Whale: my first Porsche