Sponsored by:

Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 11:22 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Originally Posted by zbomb
Glenn - what's your PB at RA, Mid O, Barber ?
Jason, what's yours?
The following 2 users liked this post by GC996:
Porschetech3 (10-11-2022), wildbilly32 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:34 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,290 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Originally Posted by GC996
Jason, what's yours?
Haven't run any of them yet - but I look forward to it, a lot.

You guys have a great night
Old 10-10-2022, 11:39 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,654 Likes on 968 Posts

Like in life your not forced to buy it
if anyone ask for data/info I applaud your right to ask but the manufacturer does or doesn’t give it then you can move on or buy in to it
I personally believe this thread has expired it’s sell by date which is a shame
i trust in Porschetech and his products
porsche or any manufacturer themselves don’t open up about their cars to the public we bought the cars based on prior experiences or expectations
The following 5 users liked this post by EVOMMM:
GC996 (10-11-2022), JohnCA58 (10-11-2022), Porschetech3 (10-10-2022), wildbilly32 (10-11-2022), zbomb (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:51 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,589 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Zbomb,
you have badgered me for months and cast a big shadow on my effort.......I am slow to anger and have stooped to a level I never thought I would to refute the efforts of your attacks.........And because I am slow to anger I am also slow to get over it...

I do not need your data I only used to show how much better the UIDS is and the benefits because it have been so widely used to condemn the status-quo...

Anyone with a $2500 AIM can get the same data....and become an internet RockStar .....if they choose the right enemies...and no, you are not sorry you offended, it was intentional..
Like you said, you need/want nothing else from me....you only needed when you though your engine may fail....you have a Chevy Power now.....

I had actually thought the wolves were at bay... but here they come back....

Last edited by Porschetech3; 10-10-2022 at 11:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
JW in Texas (05-31-2024), zbomb (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 12:01 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
Haven't run any of them yet - but I look forward to it, a lot.

You guys have a great night

Oh really??? What class will you be running in????

Oh that's right they don't have a "morphodite class"....you will just be after "personal best"....
The following users liked this post:
zbomb (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 12:07 AM
Houtx996
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3

HoustonTx ;; You have no interest in buying a UIDS, a UAOS, or a IMSS or anything similar You are a denier of the problems..
Ehhh I have an ln bearing not sure how that's relevant though. You are wound up to tight to have an intelligent conversation. Good luck with your etsy shop.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:10 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

I think every 3 days I need to just shout out "I hate morphodites !!" to see if I can get it out of my system.........
Old 10-11-2022, 12:52 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Houtx996
Ehhh I have an ln bearing not sure how that's relevant though. You are wound up to tight to have an intelligent conversation. Good luck with your etsy shop.
Houtx996 Yea, I have stooped to asking irrelevant questions like you did....... of which you didnt' answer....

Yea I know you finally broke down and and bought a LN bearing (but not the IMSS ) after denying the problem adamantly,, and then bitching about the warranty on the one you bought !! ..

It's funny.... I rarely ever ask questions, I am always answering them..... but when I DO ask questions, they don't get answered......
Old 10-11-2022, 01:15 AM
Justin76
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 251 Posts

Oh really??? What class will you be running in????

Oh that's right they don't have a "morphodite class"....you will just be after "personal best"....
I don’t think PCA classes has anything to do with male or female orientation Skip… might want to use a different word… i mean I didn’t know they have a dual genitalia class in PCA racing.. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

does one car have a larger exhaust tip than others, or are the exhaust tips inverted? 😂

Last edited by Justin76; 10-11-2022 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:45 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justin76
I don’t think PCA classes has anything to do with male or female orientation Skip… might want to use a different word… i mean I didn’t know they have a dual genitalia class in PCA racing.. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

does one car have a larger exhaust tip than others, or are the exhaust tips inverted? 😂
It's nothing new......that's what they were called back-in-the-day.........Morphodites...lol

Remember when NASCAR outlawed the Boss 429 ? and the 429 Hemi ? Even though the Chevy 454 was legal and couldn't match the power of the Boss 429 or 429 Hemi.. NASCAR oulawed them because Bill France was in bed with Chevy and the family still is ( lastest case in point Daytona Prototype rules...they kept changing the rules untill it favored the LS engine and disadvantaged the flat six, Porsche had to resort to the Cayenne V8 due to the rules .....France family)

The NASCAR rules went to 355ci because it favored the small block chevy, ...........untill Bill Elliot ( with his brother Ernie Elliots engine design) was running 212mph at Talledega....Then the Frances put on restrictor plates to keep the chevys from getting smoked...again....

Then in drag racing anytime someone didn't have the "know-how" to be competative with a FoMoCo engine or Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth...or didn't want to spend the extra money on the good parts,,, they would just put in a small block chevy....and they were called Morphodites....lol

I grew up around all the NASCAR guys and crew chiefs, the Allisons, Bonnets, Farmer , Elliots, Hamner , Wood Brothers.. ect..and owned one of Bob Gliddens cars....

So this is nothing new and doesn't surprise me...just 30-40 years later.....history has a way of repeating its self sometimes...lol

Last edited by Porschetech3; 10-11-2022 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:49 AM
Houtx996
Instructor

Houtx996 Yea, I have stooped to asking irrelevant questions like you did....... of which you didnt' answer....

Yea I know you finally broke down and and bought a LN bearing (but not the IMSS ) after denying the problem adamantly,, and then bitching about the warranty on the one you bought !! ..

It's funny.... I rarely ever ask questions, I am always answering them..... but when I DO ask questions, they don't get answered......
I didn't bitch about the warranty I said it basically does not exist which is also a fact and really can't be debated. The same as your solution is moving the problem numbers don't lie unless you make them. I also did not break down I did it first....you Alabama boys really do operate in an alternate universe from facts and truth.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:08 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,180 Posts

About time we get back to discussing the issues and solutions for the M96.
The following 2 users liked this post by GC996:
Porschetech3 (10-11-2022), roadie13 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 01:47 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 665 Posts

ad ho·mi·nem

/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
  1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "vicious ad hominem attacks"

adverb
  1. 1.
    in a way that is directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "these points come from some of our best information sources, who realize they'll be attacked ad hominem"
  2. 2.
    in a way that relates to or is associated with a particular person.
    "the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"

Old 10-11-2022, 05:08 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Houtx996
I didn't bitch about the warranty I said it basically does not exist which is also a fact and really can't be debated. The same as your solution is moving the problem numbers don't lie unless you make them. I also did not break down I did it first....you Alabama boys really do operate in an alternate universe from facts and truth.
"The Alabama Gang " of NASCAR fame from the 70's -80s was some bad*** M'fvckers !!! .. They would call me every once in a while to come to the Hueytown Shop to troubleshoot an engine because they knew I was Top Troubleshooter in the SouthEast for FoMoCo Dealerships and had set some IHRA world records . I could tell some stories about that.

I would put Bob Glidden and Ernie Elliot as two of the top engine builders that ever lived.......Ernie Elliots 355ci Windsor motor was so much faster than the NASCAR competition that it was down 1 lap from a bad pitstop penalty that Bill not only caught and passed all the leaders of the Talladega 500 but he went all the around and passed them again at 212mph to make up the lap and take the lead all under green flag !! .......That's when NASCAR slapped the restrictor plates on them to keep Ernies engine from dominating ,....claiming to be making it safer, but we all know it did the opposite and made for nothing but last lap crashes ...Ernies engine had 19 to 1 compression ratio with a unique swirl combustion chamber/intake flow that made that possible...

Bob Glidden was also a FoMoCo mechanic/Top Troubleshooter in district 4 ...his NHRA Pro Stock engine dominated the class for over a decade. So much faster that no matter how good a start his competitor had at half track, Bob would blow by them and pull away on the top end..He was the winningest driver/builder in Pro Stock history..I remember one time he crashed at almost 200mph and the car was destroyed, body ripped off ,engine was broken open. When Bob climbed out of the wreckage the first thing he did was take off his jacket and cover his engine. He didn't want anyone seeing inside his engine...

I don't like talking about my past experiences "to prove a point" even though there are some big accomplishments there are also some big personal heartaches ..so it has to be in the right context for it to be enjoyable..

wdb ;; Everyone must remember that I do take something I design as personal/adhominem, ...........why shouldn't I ????
If I feel attacked personally, why should I not respond accordingly????

Houtx996::: The warranty on IMSB ( or anything else) is "offered" take it leave it or better yet.......buy something else/source/build it your self ( big boy pants) it's called "personal responsibility" try some....it's good for you...

I'm glad to get back to discussing issues and solutions to 996 problems in a "technical manner"..there is much to talk about as we go forward..

The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
jobyt (10-11-2022), moburki (10-18-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 05:38 PM
Houtx996
Instructor

"The Alabama Gang " of NASCAR fame from the 70's -80s was some bad*** M'fvckers !!! .. They would call me every once in a while to come to the Hueytown Shop to troubleshoot an engine because they knew I was Top Troubleshooter in the SouthEast for FoMoCo Dealerships and had set some IHRA world records . I could tell some stories about that.

I would put Bob Glidden and Ernie Elliot as two of the top engine builders that ever lived.......Ernie Elliots 355ci Windsor motor was so much faster than the NASCAR competition that it was down 1 lap from a bad pitstop penalty that Bill not only caught and passed all the leaders of the Talladega 500 but he went all the around and passed them again at 212mph to make up the lap and take the lead all under green flag !! .......That's when NASCAR slapped the restrictor plates on them to keep Ernies engine from dominating ,....claiming to be making it safer, but we all know it did the opposite and made for nothing but last lap crashes ...Ernies engine had 19 to 1 compression ratio with a unique swirl combustion chamber/intake flow that made that possible...

Bob Glidden was also a FoMoCo mechanic/Top Troubleshooter in district 4 ...his NHRA Pro Stock engine dominated the class for over a decade. So much faster that no matter how good a start his competitor had at half track, Bob would blow by them and pull away on the top end..He was the winningest driver/builder in Pro Stock history..I remember one time he crashed at almost 200mph and the car was destroyed, body ripped off ,engine was broken open. When Bob climbed out of the wreckage the first thing he did was take off his jacket and cover his engine. He didn't want anyone seeing inside his engine...

I don't like talking about my past experiences "to prove a point" even though there are some big accomplishments there are also some big personal heartaches ..so it has to be in the right context for it to be enjoyable..

wdb ;; Everyone must remember that I do take something I design as personal/adhominem, ...........why shouldn't I ????
If I feel attacked personally, why should I not respond accordingly????

Houtx996::: The warranty on IMSB ( or anything else) is "offered" take it leave it or better yet.......buy something else/source/build it your self ( big boy pants) it's called "personal responsibility" try some....it's good for you...

I'm glad to get back to discussing issues and solutions to 996 problems in a "technical manner"..there is much to talk about as we go forward..
cool story your data tells a different one, but good incoherent babble nonetheless. Thanks for answering the question.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2