Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 02:40 PM
hbdunn
Burning Brakes

Received 732 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Rower
PCA 2022 Rules, SPC section D:

D. Oiling System. The factory oil and oil cooling system must remain stock, except an external oil cooler, an X-51 oil plate, an aftermarket sump extension or sump pan, a Porsche Motorsport oil/air separator, and an oil accumulator (e.g., Accusump) may be added.
But what about the stock pickup being replaced?
Old 10-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hbdunn
But what about the stock pickup being replaced?
The oil returns via the stock galley in the centre of the pan. It has been cleared by the SPC class rep and is well within the spirit of the rules (engine longevity, no performance advantage).
If you race in PCA, discuss this with your series rep and make an appropriate proposal to the governing body.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gear Rower:
JW in Texas (06-01-2024), Porschetech3 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 03:14 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,290 Likes on 1,810 Posts

So, @Gear Rower , are you going to post full data or what ?

If you’re a sensible guy, it should be clear that the data that’s been posted to date in support of the efficacy of the UIDS has been selected specifically to highlight its benefits while obscuring its flaws.

You keep referring to the fact the data is unambiguous, maybe for you, but for what’s been shown, and the little bit we could see of what was not meant to be shown, there is a lot more to discuss than just how great the part works in a steady state corner - if you’re a reasonable guy you should understand the legitimacy of the request to lift the curtain up.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,589 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Yall hold on minute....I want to post somethings that need to be addressed right now and may take a min....and don't need any interruptions..
Old 10-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zbomb
So, @Gear Rower , are you going to post full data or what ?

If you’re a sensible guy, it should be clear that the data that’s been posted to date in support of the efficacy of the UIDS has been selected specifically to highlight its benefits while obscuring its flaws.

You keep referring to the fact the data is unambiguous, maybe for you, but for what’s been shown, and the little bit we could see of what was not meant to be shown, there is a lot more to discuss than just how great the part works in a steady state corner - if you’re a reasonable guy you should understand the legitimacy of the request to lift the curtain up.
Firstly, I don't owe you anything, I'm not beholden to your requests or timeline and my actions re the data will not determine whether I'm a sensible or reasonable guy. I'm not hiding anything, but you may want to reconsider your data request style. Framing this as some vast conspiracy to scam people into purchasing an ineffective widget isn't doing you any favours.

I'm a paying customer (full price with initial run, fwiw) and I was happy to help out Skip with some feedback with some race data as I'm appreciative of his efforts to increase the reliability of this platform. I don't make a dime off of these sumps and could care less whether you use one or not.

I've used the stock, FVD, Mantis and UIDS sumps in race conditions and will continue to use the UIDS based upon my data.
The following 5 users liked this post by Gear Rower:
EVOMMM (10-05-2022), JW in Texas (06-01-2024), Porschetech3 (10-05-2022), Stephen-LN (10-05-2022), wildbilly32 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 03:37 PM
Houtx996
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Ok. We can only speculate, but I would surmise that this is purely down to oil movement within the sump. Deep sump likes the oil steady, level and increases the uptake as the oil returns to 0 lat G. The transient dip in the UIDS is a/w the slosh, however its pressure is steady with both level or max lat G states.

It's clear on the data that the oil delivery is more stable with the UIDS and that even though there are aren't zero drops, the dips are fewer in number and, most critically for engine health, significantly shorter in duration. This is much more than moving the problem down the line.
I think we are in agreement on more than not...risk tolerance and lack of evidence is where we diverge. Good talk.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:37 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Firstly, I don't owe you anything, I'm not beholden to your requests or timeline and my actions re the data will not determine whether I'm a sensible or reasonable guy. I'm not hiding anything, but you may want to reconsider your data request style. Framing this as some vast conspiracy to scam people into purchasing an ineffective widget isn't doing you any favours.

I'm a paying customer (full price with initial run, fwiw) and I was happy to help out Skip with some feedback with some race data as I'm appreciative of his efforts to increase the reliability of this platform. I don't make a dime off of these sumps and could care less whether you use one or not.

I've used the stock, FVD, Mantis and UIDS sumps in race conditions and will continue to use the UIDS based upon my data.
Thanks - got it. Sorry you don’t like my style, I’m asking for data, you don’t want to post it… yes, that frames my opinion of you.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

The claims made by Zbomb that I have never admitted any imperfections in the UIDS is simply a lie...

People said it couldn't be done, LOTS of people..

UIDS version 1.0 , 2.0 ....2.1 ..2.2, 3.0..3.1..3.2 all had imperfections that I spoke about right on here...

Infact I posted about the imperfection in post #664

Hold on there is more..

Old 10-05-2022, 03:45 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Nevermined...Ill hold off on the rest..
Old 10-05-2022, 03:51 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
The claims made by Zbomb that I have never admitted any imperfections in the UIDS is simply a lie...

People said it couldn't be done, LOTS of people..

UIDS version 1.0 , 2.0 ....2.1 ..2.2, 3.0..3.1..3.2 all had imperfections that I spoke about right on here...

Infact I posted about the imperfection in post #664

Hold on there is more..
Heres what I posted, read the bold.

I don’t care about perfection. If that’s what you got from my posts, re-read them.

Anyone remember all this… This **** has been going on for months and months and months where I ask for transparency on the units function and I get lit up by @wildbilly32 , @dporto , @philbert996 and @Porschetech3 about how dare I ask questions.

Does it make sense now ? The unit may be better than anything else, but this latest exchange has been the only you will find publicly that admits ANY results that differ from the intended.

It has been my view and continues to be, customers and perspective customers should not be kept in the dark about the full envelope of performance for the stuff they spend their money on.
Now show me where else you said the released UIDS version that you were selling to people had pressure drops.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:54 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

No..the data will not be released "***** nilly" to be ravaged by a bunch of hungry Tigers eiger to destroy......That was why you posted all YOUR data, and then demanded that I not use the same data to show the benifits of the UIDS
Old 10-05-2022, 03:55 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
No..the data will not be released "***** nilly" to be ravaged by a bunch of hungry Tigers eiger to destroy......That was why you posted all YOUR data, and then demanded that I not use the same data to show the benifits of the UIDS
You can use any of my data you want. Just post full laps.

Again, here’s what I actually posted.

DO NOT post any of my data unless you post the full picture using full laps. I don't want games played with my stuff the way you are doing with yours.

Last edited by zbomb; 10-05-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:00 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Zbomb, I don't care what you said.....I care what I said... and everything I said is accurate...

You are just pissed because I released the UIDS before YOU were ready....You work for a Secret National Defence contractor that has unlimited resources of taxpayer money to test and test untill perfection before releasing a destuctive device....

You car was all broken down when I needed you to test the UIDS...so get over it...and go work on the Chevy/Porsche
Old 10-05-2022, 04:05 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Ok Skip - too bad that’s what you’re going to put out there. You and I know the validity of that statement. ETA…Haha - I forgot, go back to your email from April 30 to May 7 if you want to re-remind yourself of how our conversation regarding testing actually went. Happy to post it if you want, or you can.

For the rest of you - feel free to believe whatever you like - one of us has never had a financial stake in any of this.

And as far as my profession, I’m a waiter at Applebees (that’s a joke).

Last edited by zbomb; 10-05-2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:08 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

And thanks Ben for stepping in with some clear Extreme Track first hand experiance...I had redacted your name from all the "Data" so that people would not bother you with questions...But I am very pleased that you are doing so....I don't always deal with the BS effectively..

Last edited by Porschetech3; 10-05-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2