993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

David-- Any updates on your Speedster aspirations?
Originally Posted by Boston911fan

Hey Jaeger, I took a detour to one of the Barnes & Nobles, and I was pleasantly surprised to find your car in Excellence and Total 911. Congrats! That's so cool!

They took great pictures of your car. BTW, where did you get those pedals?
Originally Posted by curve lover

Evan-- Appears eagleDay.com has some in stock. A similar version's ~$50 less on vertexAuto.com, but without rubber traction inserts. Looks like Tiptronic's available, too; might go well with Cobalt, etc. FYI, left ('dead') pedal was a bugger to affix --Jäger
Originally Posted by David in LA

unfortunately I can't find them listed there
Hope you like the pedals, & that this works for you: http://www.eagleday.com/popeset4pcru.html.
If not, try them at 954-349-3037 or undefined.

Also, just found them on vertexAuto.com WITH and without rubber traction inserts.
Note their disclaimers: "Pre 94 cars may not be able to fit dead pedal." "Dead Pedal Will Not Fit Pre 1994 Cars."
For the same pedals eagleDay.com says, "Pre 97 cars may not be able to fit dead pedal."

Vertex' Tiptronic version:

No affiliation.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jager - Thanks for the link for the pedals Unfortunately my Speedster aspirations will have to continue to be unfulfilled for the time being, so in the meantime I will need to get my fill from pics of yours and Grahams in-progress cobalt speedster.

BTW, if you do wind up getting those "18 Fuchs" that would totally complete the look
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

What's with the Bimota logo?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gonzilla
What's with the Bimota logo?
Mike-- shorter than "My other car is a motorcycle" bumper sticker
P.S. Thanks for helping motivate me to finally change my avatar.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike-- shorter than "My other car is a motorcycle" bumper sticker
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curve lover, did you ever get your roll bar endeavor sorted out? I've seen a few 911 cabs with Boxster roll bars, I saw your photos from Bruce Canepa. Can you tell me more about this? I"ve got a Roadster that I'm itching to do the boxster bar. Thanks and BTW beautiful car!!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 AM
obersturm
Instructor

After a year+ of research, patience, & working with the right people & parts, I took delivery of my dream car two days ago. Our journey should lead to the Porsche Club of America Parade today, making the final leg to Keystone, CO.

Only possible with help from folks throughout the world who shared their input & expertise.

A few quick photos taken yesterday. More pix, details, & specific names to thank from Keystone! First note of appreciaton goes to my bride, who recommended I pursue this dream ~Apr '08.

I wouldn't even have found my Speedster without Rennlist. What she looked like before 'her hips filled' or (going on my 'fitness program?' she's phat!): thread "the 993 SPEEDSTER -did you catch this?!?"
Hi Jäger,

I have tried PM or emailing you with no luck.

I have been looking high and low on Rennlist.com to find more info of the actual build of your car?
Do you have a list of what parts (and OEM part numbers) have been used?
An itemasition of cost and pictures of the step by step construction of the project?
Where do you keep all your Speedster related pictures?

I have a little collection on Photobucket.com where I park photos everytime I come across something Speedster related:
http://s256.photobucket.com/home/obersturm/allalbums

As I own a 1986 Speedster tribute and am dreaming of one day owning a 993 Speedster, as well I am interested in every little detail you could provide?

I also recently started following the 9m Speedster Thread with great interest.

Unfortuneatly there are a million pictures of the painting process and what wheels to put on but almost diddly squat about what parts they used (again, OEM part numbers, prices) and how they went about cutting the windscreen and welding in the Speedster specific parts.

Any help and pointers would be highly appreciatd.

thanks and best regards from a fellow Speedsterphile from down under

Marty

P.S: have checked out the German Speedster registry:http://speeddreams.de/ ?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Marty! I like the way you put that -- 'Speedsterphile.' It's always a pleasure making the acquaintance of a fellow enthusiast. I've been admiring your degree of sickness, - er, uh, fanaticism - for a couple of years now.
I'm very familiar with your thorough & eclectic on-line gathering of 911 Speedster photos, covering nearly every detail imaginable.

I first posted a photo from your archive in Mar 2009 (its photo link has since gone defunct), on the "Speedster type 993 photo thread."

Likewise, I used the following photograph from your collection to help answer a RLer's question on the 964 forum's "Speedster cover" thread.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:12 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[Continued; to RLer Obersturm (Marty):] By the time of the above referenced 'Speedster cover' thread, I had started overtly crediting your Speedster Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

See following exchange with fellow Speedster sickie Graham; it pretty well sums up the degree of my similar obsession.
Originally Posted by grahampeterm
Jager - you must just spend toooooo much time surfing for Porsche parts - you're worse than me! And my wife thinks I'm obsessed!
Good on ya!
Graham
Hey G, I'm just here to make you -- & everyone on RL -- look better, or maybe more normal.

Besides, wasn't the 'net invented just to help find Porsch pix?

It's all in the name of thinking I might be able to answer fellow RLers' questions ... 'specially about Speedsters! Gives me an excuse: researching for the benefit of, uhm, mankind. Yeh.

P.S. RLer Obersturm helped provide some of the above images. Of course, my intent's to thank him, not implicate him in my crimes.
One of my current favorites from your on-line Speedster pix stockpile...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:27 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

When it was time to answer JPP's esoteric "964 Speedster question" thread on the 964 forum, it was your in-depth work that made the task of sharing Speedster shots MUCH easier
Let me know if you'd like photos of related 1989 rear 'seat' areas.
Originally Posted by JPP
Yes, please.
A couple examples promised (in no particular order); but all from RLer Obersturm:

Another great shot of yours...

Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by obersturm
Hi Jäger,

I have tried PM or emailing you with no luck.

I have a little collection on Photobucket.com where I park photos everytime I come across something Speedster related:
http://s256.photobucket.com/home/obersturm/allalbums

As I own a 1986 Speedster tribute and am dreaming of one day owning a 993 Speedster, as well I am interested in every little detail you could provide

Any help and pointers would be highly appreciatd.

thanks and best regards from a fellow Speedsterphile from down under

Marty
Marty-- As much as I'd like to be on RL all the time, I've had to cut back. I'm currently taking two night school classes for my advanced degree ... in addition to the J-O-B.
That math adds up to a sleep deficit for me. I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep per night. Not good. I don't have much common sense, but enough to know that's not ideal for me. My family & my grades suffer even more when I'm on RL. I'd love to be back in the RL mix -- so many threads I'd luv to jump into.

I've been lucky enough to meet a handful of RLers in person, enough to know that so many of the folks behind the posts are incredible people & good friends. In fact, some have gone through similar 'crunch times' in their lives, & have been huge encouragements regarding the increase in quality of life that resulted when they buckled down on the books & got career advancement under their belts.

For better or worse -- I made the decision to shut off as much RL communication as I could. It was flattering, but I was receiving at least as many Private Messages as 993 Speedster & similar thread posts to respond to. So, very few are able to get through via PMs & e-mails any more. [Thanks for your 'friend request' -- got it ] The good news is that I'll have a ton of fun when the darn school work's finally over. I look forward to re-joining RL then

More good news: even though I don't currently get to share much here, there are cool things still going on with Speedy. I'm lucky she's almost all I could hope for -- my true dream car -- but also lucky that cool improvements keep making their way onto her curves. ...also lucky she's been invited to make a public appearance or two this summer. Likewise, Speedy's been sought out for more magaizine photo-shoots. We'll see what happens.

Other than flying over a few oceans & mountains to come see her in the flesh, for all the details you voraciously ask for, please scour every word of this thread and the "Speedster type 993 photo thread." Pay special focus on the pages with prices and parts lists. Get your hands on Speedy's appearances in the pages of Total 911 and Excellence magazines, since the interviewers/authors always endeavor to give some of the general insight you seek. All of the above should help.

Having Graham's recent expertise should be a big bonus, since he's very recently followed in the footsteps of converting a 993 cab to a Speedster, with the expert hands of the hallowed 9Meister shop. Take advantage of their gorgeous new 'Vesuvius' Blue RL resource. I'm guessing you've made efforts to contact him directly, since you detail your attempts to get in direct contact with me. He's been great at getting me more behind-the-scenes details than I deserve, so I'm sure he'll help out, as time allows.

I wish you all the best at reaching your personal 993 Speedster goal soon. In the meantime, thanks for feeding my affliction with 911 Speedster shots in your photo repository like the following classic!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
obersturm
Instructor

Hi Jäger,

thanks for the credits for my picture collection.
All the best with your academic advancements. I whish I had the drive to do that, as well.
Work situation is a going south for me since the US draged the world economy soemwhat downwards....

I will see if I can get my hands on one of those magazines down under.

I have been in contact with Graham as you rightly assumed. He seems to be a top bloke and happy to chat about Speedsters and his build in peticular.

Best regards

Marty
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by obersturm
Hi Jäger,

thanks for the credits for my picture collection.
All the best with your academic advancements. I whish I had the drive to do that, as well.
Work situation is a going south for me since the US draged the world economy soemwhat downwards....

I will see if I can get my hands on one of those magazines down under.

I have been in contact with Graham as you rightly assumed. He seems to be a top bloke and happy to chat about Speedsters and his build in peticular.
Marty-- From your vast on-line 911 Speedster photo collection, I can tell that we have a shared obsession. I've learned from your shots while researching & making decisions about Speedy. There are great resources on RL, & you fit right in -- hope to meet you in person someday. In the meantime, keep us here on RL updated as you progress toward your dream 993!

Thanks for the well-wishing regarding night school. Speaking of academics, I don't know about the "achievements" part, because all I'll achieve tonight is huge loss of sleep - just now starting ~6 hours of homework; but at least I can blame RLers Larpy & BoulderBobo for the delightful delay (details forthcoming).

Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BoulderBobo/ Larpy/ EJ-- Good call; it was a beautiful day to have a meeting of the Colorado tribe. Wish RLer Aircooled could have caught up with us for a run. Next time!
Your 993s are even more amazing in person, & that's saying a lot!!! Superb performance & aesthetic mods
It was great meeting your 'significant others' (interpret as you like ), plus learning the history behind your knack for such clean machines ... pristine even after an ~80-mile drive.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Speaking of academics, I don't know about the "achievements" part, because all I'll achieve tonight is huge loss of sleep - just now starting ~6 hours of homework; but at least I can blame RLers Larpy & BoulderBobo for the delightful delay (details forthcoming).
Jager was gracious enough to get a few P-car lovers on the the Peterson AFB in the Springs. Here are a few pics of Speedy.

Thanks Jager!

Bob-
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER