993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:01 AM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
FINALLY got Total 911 featuring Speedy today. Kinda like seeing a close friend or family member on TV; you know the story but you read every single word (and oggle the pics of course) like you're discovering something new.

Now we just need that other article to hit the stands!

Congrats again Jager, you should be proud.
Tim, are you referring to Excellence? Any idea when this issue will come out with our favorite speedster superhero ?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:05 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by alpinadvl
Tim, are you referring to Excellence? Any idea when this issue will come out with our favorite speedster superhero ?
Alf,
The Excellence article will be out in the April Issue IIRC from a Speedy previous post ....
Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Got my April issue of Excellence this week. Great article, Jäger, and really nice photo spread. I learned more about you in the first paragraph than I've learned in the entire time I've been on Rennlist ...

Love the cover cars and layout colors. Very appropriate considering our friends penchant for RED and GREEN .... Actually, remembering his Christmas avatar, I guess that makes sense ....

Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Just got my copy. Congrats Jager awesome article!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 269 Posts

Very nice article - congratulations Jaeger, the speedster looks fantastic & deserves it's place in Excellence.

I have to ask though.... Were you wearing a jawbone in that first picture....??
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Finally!!!!!!!!!

Got the call from my wife today that my Excellence had arrived. Left work early, raced home tore open the plastic wrapper flipped open the cover to see what page the article was on saw the picture with the white page number on it...............started to laugh, this was no time for juvenile behavior.............read article, smiled, reread article, smiled again, spent an hour looking at pictures I had already seen.

The end of the article says this is the car Porsche should have built in numbers, I'm not so sure, then Speedy wouldn't be as special.

Congratulations and Thanks for letting a complete stranger share in your experience.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jager - Besides Excellence, what other magazines have featured your car? Can you provide the issue number/month? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Speedsterman
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jäger

Your next project ?

Last edited by Speedsterman; 03-05-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

Hey Jaeger, I took a detour on the way to NYC to one of the Barnes & Nobles that is out of my way, but has the best selection of Porsche magazines, and I was pleasantly surprised to find your car in Excellence and Total 911. Congrats! That's so cool! They took great pictures of your car. BTW, where did you get those pedals? The caption said they were OEM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
baron95993
Pro

Sweet
Old 03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ Really appreciate the compliments!!! Rennlist helped bring Speedy to me; thanks for her red curves rolling into my world. Your above words are therapy as I suffer from RL withdrawal.

It's been ~2 months since my last post on any 993 forum thread -- self-imposed exile, attempting to get >3 hours sleep plus taking night-school classes, & keeping the J.O.B. that pays the billz, + 2 part-time volunteer positions. (Recently finished a 3-day event for a charming child with cancer.)

Best thing about classes: when the instructor asked what my hobbies are. I said that, before enrolling in 2 simultaneous courses, one hobby used to be European performance vehicles. That was enough for a student who's a Porsche enthusiast & received Speedy's magazine articles to seek me out. Great having a kindred car kook in class

Still digging out from RL PMs; apologies to anyone awaiting a response, whether privately or on a thread.
Example: 2 RLers contacted me, pursuing 2 very specific, unique blue 993s (neither previously owned by Mr. Seinfeld); finally just PMed updates/ leads to them both.

I'll hopefully leave a couple more posts over the next few days. Regardless, I'll soon disappear back to the books, & RL seclusion for ~10 more months

'New' Speedy pix from "Speedster type 993 photo thread"...
Originally Posted by curve lover
REALLY love the 11.5" x 8" mechanic's brochure, "Porsche Service Information Technik '94 911 Speedster" (part # WKD 498 421). In addition to adding photographs to the supplement's drawings, Porsche expands its verbiage.

caption of their hook photo:
Originally Posted by OEM Technik brochure
The folding top fabric is attached to the edge of the rear cover by two hooks on either side. These hooks are plastic-coated so as to protect the paintwork.

^^ Photography courtesy & © of Zachary Mayne..
Old 03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Boston911fan
Hey Jaeger, I took a detour on the way to NYC to one of the Barnes & Nobles that is out of my way, but has the best selection of Porsche magazines, and I was pleasantly surprised to find your car in Excellence and Total 911. Congrats! That's so cool!
Evan-- Thrilled to hear both magazines are still on some shelves at select U.S. Barnes & Nobles + other stores. Anyone searching would be wise to call NOW & confirm availability. Remaining issues may be pulled momentarily; Excellence's already advertising their May issue, & Total 911's two magazines ahead (#59 now) in the U.K.
A friend called from Jacksonville Friday to say her stores had already moved onto T911 #58.

Aussies: A friend (famed madWhips.com photographer) says T911 issue #57 -- Speedy's -- finally became available in Australia this week.
Originally Posted by Boston911fan
They took great pictures of your car. BTW, where did you get those pedals?
Appears eagleDay.com still has some in stock. A similar version's ~$50 less on vertexAuto.com, but without rubber traction inserts. Looks like tiptronic's available, too; might go well with Cobalt, etc. FYI, left ('dead') pedal was a bugger to affix --Jäger

^^ Photography courtesy & © of LeeGlide.com
Old 03-14-2010, 04:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Speedsterman

Hi Jäger
Your next project ?

Hi, Benoit! ^^Hmmmm.
Any more perspectives for AlpinaDVL & his favorite angle?

Alf-- Re: your previous PMs & questions, here's a new shot for ya...

Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by David in LA
Jager - Besides Excellence, what other magazines have featured your car? Can you provide the issue number/month? Thanks!
David-- Besides Excellence's April issue, Speedy's featured in Total 911 #57.

A gent who works for two other magazines contacted me this week about possibly shooting new features. We'll see.

For you: yesterday I heard from my POC for the new shoes you've asked about. They've had a delay; so no specific time-schedule, but at least the wheels are turning
Originally Posted by avidtest

Holy smokes! I didn't even think I particularly cared for Speedsters. That's changed!

Your car is gorgeous.
Originally Posted by John Boggiano

Speedy's first magazine feature is now out - Total 911 Issue #57 - and what a joy it was for me to do. The above sentiment is something I have now heard repeated many times over.

Great car - truly inspiring.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-06-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: fix ded pic lnk
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by curve lover
..Appears eagleDay.com still has some in stock......
unfortunately I can't find them listed there

Quick Reply: Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER