Sponsored by:

New Nick Murray Video - S vs GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 02:15 AM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
I love it! Maybe it's Covid brain? The stock market? People are drinking/smoking crack?
It does seem like the majority of people now are angry and/or effin nuts.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 02:22 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by minn19
Yes, the full PPF doesn’t bother me so much as I’d probably do it anyway. The useless watch I’d rather donate 5k to a charity of their or my choice as I’ll never wear it/toss it in a drawer.

It was a sweet deal except the market is rapidly changing and who knows what they’d give me for my car, which will probably be the biggest factor. Honestly, the only reason I really want to do it is I’ve never custom ordered/built a car and would like to do it once. I really don’t think the driving experience is that massively different between the two. Maybe it is, who knows until I do it/experience it for myself.
YOLO
minn19 (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 08:10 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Curious. They're asking you to order the exclusive clock and do a full ppf for the GTS4? That's a sweet deal!
@minn19 That’s a great deal. The value of the car will be strong 12 months from now.

My ADM for a 23 GTS was 5k for:
- Front Section PPF w/Ceramic Exterior and Interior
- Prepay the 2yr service

I was more than pleased to pay that.
The following 2 users liked this post by APEX GT3:
chance6 (12-25-2022), johny221 (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 08:23 AM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
@minn19 That’s a great deal. The value of the car will be strong 12 months from now.

- Prepay the 2yr service

I’m sure you were pleased because that is a great deal.

Last edited by minn19; 12-24-2022 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2022, 08:52 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS

- Prepay the 2yr service

l wanna play.

I started looking in Nov. Dealer came back to me with a January build and April May delivery for 5k in exclusive and front PPF. Gotta say that's probably as close to winning the lotto I'll ever come.
Old 12-24-2022, 09:53 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by srf409
Yeah, for sure. Amazing how aggressive and angry people have have become over the past couple years. I saw it start here over the the useless mask policies that created confrontations and fights. Now we have runaway inflation and a stock market in the toilet that is raising the anxiety level to dysfunctional levels. We do our shopping, dining, etc. at off peak times to avoid these morons. Our nation is now polarized like never before.
You guys are making me feel my age. I couldn't imagine agreeing with your sentiment twenty years ago, no matter the truth. Get off my lawn!
Pivot (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:37 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
We all know that base owners couldn’t afford an S, S owners couldn’t afford a GTS, GTS owners couldn’t afford a GT3, GT3 owners couldn’t afford a 3RS.
Thats nonsense.

I own a car more expensive than a GTS. I just think that the GTS is ridiculously overpriced for what you’re getting. An S is a better value for money

ADM’s are putting the GTS over $200k. Over $200k!! For a turbocharged 6 cyl engine that hardly anyone will even pay attention to. Why in a million years, considering my other options at that price point, would I pull the trigger on that?
Old 12-24-2022, 01:14 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

RE: “ We all know that base owners couldn’t afford an S, S owners couldn’t afford a GTS…”

And Mr Shrimp, you know this how?

That aside, I know I’ve read multiple posts, from GTS owners, who claim the GTS (because several options are included in the price) is really not much more than the S, when the S is optioned similarly to the GTS. 😱 Can’t have it both ways, fella. That said, I loaded up my S with just about every option imaginable (even have the infrared camera &#128077…,making it, I’m sure, as, or more than many GTS’s on the road.

For many Porsche owners, money is a non factor in the decision…while having the right driving characteristics for their intended use, availability and better value are far more important in the decision process. PS - I might have gotten a GTS when I was ready to buy, but I wasn’t going to wait an additional year for it to become available…I wanted (and could afford) a Turbo S, but my wife talked me out of it saying, “I’ll kill myself, or be locked up in jail” Truth. I’m damn glad I didn’t wait, as when I purchased my S, I got a 6% discount…which has since evaporated….easily paying for the power bump (which gets me closer to the turbo). Carpe Diem.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 12-24-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2022, 01:22 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Don’t take Mr Shrimp absolute statements seriously… how can “we all know…”, if we don’t even agree on a colour.
He is pulling a chain in Ohio and waiting for reaction across the states. I buy what I want and that is it 🤑
Old 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tupper
Thats nonsense.

I own a car more expensive than a GTS. I just think that the GTS is ridiculously overpriced for what you’re getting. An S is a better value for money

ADM’s are putting the GTS over $200k. Over $200k!! For a turbocharged 6 cyl engine that hardly anyone will even pay attention to. Why in a million years, considering my other options at that price point, would I pull the trigger on that?
Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
RE: “ We all know that base owners couldn’t afford an S, S owners couldn’t afford a GTS…”

And Mr Shrimp, you know this how?

That aside, I know I’ve read multiple posts, from GTS owners, who claim the GTS (because several options are included in the price) is really not much more than the S, when the S is optioned similarly to the GTS. 😱 Can’t have it both ways, fella. That said, I loaded up my S with just about every option imaginable (even have the infrared camera &#128077…,making it, I’m sure, as, or more than many GTS’s on the road.

For many Porsche owners, money is a non factor in the decision…while having the right driving characteristics for their intended use, availability and better value are far more important in the decision process. PS - I might have gotten a GTS when I was ready to buy, but I wasn’t going to wait an additional year for it to become available…I wanted (and could afford) a Turbo S, but my wife talked me out of it saying, “I’ll kill myself, or be locked up in jail” Truth. I’m damn glad I didn’t wait, as when I purchased my S, I got a 6% discount…which has since evaporated….easily paying for the power bump (which gets me closer to the turbo). Carpe Diem.
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure he is being sarcastic just to get responses like this.
The following 3 users liked this post by minn19:
CanAutM3 (12-24-2022), Mmade992 (12-24-2022), zachr (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 01:43 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by srf409
Yeah, for sure. Amazing how aggressive and angry people have have become over the past couple years. I saw it start here over the the useless mask policies that created confrontations and fights. Now we have runaway inflation and a stock market in the toilet that is raising the anxiety level to dysfunctional levels. We do our shopping, dining, etc. at off peak times to avoid these morons. Our nation is now polarized like never before.
I’ll stay out of the politics of it, but agree that there is no shortage of stressors unfortunately driving people batty.
Old 12-24-2022, 01:50 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
Thats nonsense.

I only know of one person who paid $229k for a GTS that was $176k MSRP. He's probably not even on this board anymore, and that was in late April, early May. It was chalk with an aerokit.

The fact that you guys are so butthurt over my comment is funny. It was a play on other comments in this thread.
Mmade992 (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 01:51 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by minn19
I’ll stay out of the politics of it, but agree that there is no shortage of stressors unfortunately driving people batty.
With this in mind, it’s insane to think that some pretty mild commentary from Nick M has produced some of the reactions on this thread. Many of the stressors you allude to are a bit more existential than whether one gets the 450 or 480 hp version of a $150k+ sports car. And more to the point whether someone else makes a different choice to one’s own!
The following 3 users liked this post by bluelines1974:
FloraFauna (12-25-2022), minn19 (12-24-2022), pkalhan (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 02:34 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I only know of one person who paid $229k for a GTS that was $176k MSRP. He's probably not even on this board anymore, and that was in late April, early May. It was chalk with an aerokit.

The fact that you guys are so butthurt over my comment is funny. It was a play on other comments in this thread.
That is an extreme example, but to be fair most were still going over 200k at 20-30k over either new or “used.” But then if you wanted a real GT3 it is another 60-100k depending on the market. Crazy scheisse.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:19 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,542 Likes on 5,065 Posts

I'm not in the market for a 911 currently.

But if I was, and based on my current cars that I own, I think I would spec a T with nothing but MT, LWB and PCCBs (if/when available).

It would be my weekend car that I would toss around and couldn't care if it got dinged, whacked or whatever. Run it to the ground and get rid of it after the OEM warranty expires.

I think this is what people are getting at when they say they would pick a Base over a GTS or whatever, and money has nothing to do with it.

It's just use case.

A 175k MSRP 911 has no appeal for me. As the QPR just isn't there for me.
aggie57 (12-24-2022)

Quick Reply: New Nick Murray Video - S vs GTS