Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 08:48 PM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Dan Nagy, pulling you back here a bit

Originally Posted by rk-d
I love my sport-tex interior, but if I was getting Aventurine Green, I'd be really tempted by Truffle. That's a nice combo.
Dan, I have been reluctant to enter into opinions here (as you have far more experience than me here) but I think I need to save you from over thinking this. Now that your lock date was extended...Well, I guess you can say "I was saved by the bell."

There is really no other choice than Truffle brown with Aventurine Green, (End of Story) but you might/should/must add wood or leather trim. Just my thinking, Sport-tex might be the best combo for a silver, maybe chalk or a white exterior with the cab or Targa only for instance...primary reason- sun and hot leather seats. However, seat ventilation might be wonderful now (I just don't know) and therefore you could go full leather even with the cab or Targa. I'm wondering what the Cab drivers think about lots of sun, and heat even with seat ventilation? Thoughts?

And I even thought about changing exterior color to Aventurine just so I could have the Truffle interior. Would be alright with me, but I am looking for an open-topper and wouldn't know what top color to get...that would throw me into greater paralysis.

Good luck to you,
Mark
Old 05-13-2020, 08:54 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
Dan, I have been reluctant to enter into opinions here (as you have far more experience than me here) but I think I need to save you from over thinking this. Now that your lock date was extended...Well, I guess you can say "I was saved by the bell."

There is really no other choice than Truffle brown with Aventurine Green, (End of Story) but you might/should/must add wood or leather trim. Just my thinking, Sport-tex might be the best combo for a silver, maybe chalk or a white exterior with the cab or Targa only for instance...primary reason- sun and hot leather seats. However, seat ventilation might be wonderful now (I just don't know) and therefore you could go full leather even with the cab or Targa. I'm wondering what the Cab drivers think about lots of sun, and heat even with seat ventilation? Thoughts?

And I even thought about changing exterior color to Aventurine just so I could have the Truffle interior. Would be alright with me, but I am looking for an open-topper and wouldn't know what top color to get...that would throw me into greater paralysis.

Good luck to you,
Mark
I agree. Aventurine w/ truffle is the best. Iceland/black a close second.

Take a look at the OP in this thread. This would sell me

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1135...een-922-a.html
Old 05-13-2020, 09:45 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 164 Posts

Looking at the photos, the Truffle Brown is beautiful.

However, it would absolutely not be a combination I'd like to own. 1) The lighter dash is a non starter for me and 2) I think it pushes the retro/old vibe too much. That's why I find Sport Tex or Iceland Green a better pairing, a better blend of modern & retro.

You only get Truffle Brown if you absolutely love it, no questions asked, IMO. Sport Tex/Biege/Iceland are all much safer choices that are equally well suited to the car, if not as flashy in photos.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:20 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth

However, seat ventilation might be wonderful now (I just don't know) and therefore you could go full leather even with the cab or Targa. I'm wondering what the Cab drivers think about lots of sun, and heat even with seat ventilation? Thoughts?
I am responding to this as a cab owner who replaced a Boxster S with full beige leather interior with a 992 C2S MT cab with full slate grey and chalk stitch interior. First, I would not want a full black leather interior on a cab because the heat factor I find does change with interior color. I think the seat ventilation is a must on a cab, so that eliminates the sport tex seats. I live in New England and to extend the season as long as possible, heated and ventilated seats are great. The new heated steering wheel is an awesome addition the Boxster did not have. Also, with the 18 way seats, the backs match the slate grey really quite well and there is no need to consider the leather back insert in my opinion. I think if you choose a different interior color that is an issue to consider...
Old 05-13-2020, 10:21 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
Looking at the photos, the Truffle Brown is beautiful.

However, it would absolutely not be a combination I'd like to own. 1) The lighter dash is a non starter for me and 2) I think it pushes the retro/old vibe too much. That's why I find Sport Tex or Iceland Green a better pairing, a better blend of modern & retro.

You only get Truffle Brown if you absolutely love it, no questions asked, IMO. Sport Tex/Biege/Iceland are all much safer choices that are equally well suited to the car, if not as flashy in photos.
I don't think there is any wrong answer but they are all very different.

Dan, I have to be honest--your first interior with the Paleo wood was on one of my builds after I saw it on your configuration--that is stunning. My other one was Sport Tex after seeing rk-d's car... As of today, I'm solid black because-- well,because it's today and it's the safest choice for me (today. As I said I've done 3 changes already). The truffle is really pretty, but if your first instinct is to have it with a black dash (which I would think would be amazing and that would be on my list then too)- then you may second guess the choice. If you can get to a dealer and just go and look at the cars before the lock you may have a better idea.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:33 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I would do Truffle Brown in a heartbeat, IF only it we’re Black/brown. I don’t want the windshield glare.
I had a Luxor Beige full leather interior in my Boxster S (beige dash, seats, carpet, the whole thing) and never had an issue with windshield glare for what it is worth. That brown is way darker than Luxor Beige...
Old 05-13-2020, 11:00 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

FWIW, we have a black dash in our van and the glare can be hellish.

I think the texture can have a lot of impact on glare, probably as much as the color.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:08 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Thanks all for your thoughts. I am looking at a lot of photos and trying to figure it out. My dealer doesn’t have truffle brown for me to check out, but I’m going to ask if they could do a custom black/ truffle brown. It looks rather beautiful, but even if windshield glare isn’t an issue, I am also concerned that the truffle brown interior is monochromatic and not sure if I would like it. Thanks I know photos don’t translate well with 911 interiors because the space is small and you don’t perceive how it feels. If only I could see one near me... I’ll look around. I have two dealers two hours from me - when I lived in DC it was much easier. Damn living at the beach, lol. Right now, leaning toward the Sport Tex but that could change tomorrow. I have an influencer that prefers my original black/Mohave/Paldao combo. If this would have locked on the original date, that Mohave would be in my driveway.

I also keep ticking the Burmester box and then reminding myself that it’s a ridiculous price to pay for a car stereo, especially in my sports car where I seldom play music. I blame it on too much time at home.
The following users liked this post:
356to992 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 11:12 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Thanks all for your thoughts. I am looking at a lot of photos and trying to figure it out. My dealer doesn’t have truffle brown for me to check out, but I’m going to ask if they could do a custom black/ truffle brown. It looks rather beautiful, but even if windshield glare isn’t an issue, I am also concerned that the truffle brown interior is monochromatic and not sure if I would like it. Thanks I know photos don’t translate well with 911 interiors because the space is small and you don’t perceive how it feels. If only I could see one near me... I’ll look around. I have two dealers two hours from me - when I lived in DC it was much easier. Damn living at the beach, lol. Right now, leaning toward the Sport Tex but that could change tomorrow. I have an influencer that prefers my original black/Mohave/Paldao combo. If this would have locked on the original date, that Mohave would be in my driveway.

I also keep ticking the Burmester box and then reminding myself that it’s a ridiculous price to pay for a car stereo, especially in my sports car where I seldom play music. I blame it on too much time at home.
The car is pretty loud in there. That said, if it fit in my budget I would have gotten Burmester, if only for the cool grilles.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:32 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by rk-d
The car is pretty loud in there. That said, if it fit in my budget I would have gotten Burmester, if only for the cool grilles.
Exactly. Lol.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:39 PM
emkae
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

New to this forum. Just put the deposit for a PTS TTS. Now decision time. I was all set to go for GT silver with with nice brown or red interior till now the opportunity to figure a color presented. I am leaning toward some kind blue. Any thoughts on this appreciated.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by emkae
New to this forum. Just put the deposit for a PTS TTS. Now decision time. I was all set to go for GT silver with with nice brown or red interior till now the opportunity to figure a color presented. I am leaning toward some kind blue. Any thoughts on this appreciated.
Oslo blue
Old 05-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by emkae
Congrats on starting your build! I know there is a color chart on-line for acceptable PTS colors, so you might want to Google it. I would also just Google “blue 911”, and you can see all shades of blue on all 911’s.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:20 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Congrats on starting your build! I know there is a color chart on-line for acceptable PTS colors, so you might want to Google it. I would also just Google “blue 911”, and you can see all shades of blue on all 911’s.
Does anybody have a link to the current, official list of PTS colors? When I google for it I find a couple different sources that are more historical, and at least one of them is missing Mexico Blue so it can’t be that complete :-)
Old 05-14-2020, 03:45 PM
emkae
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is the link for PTS. So many options. Looking at this now I might consider a green. How does viper green look on a TTS?

https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/14...thread/page/2/

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!