Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 03:43 PM
blafusel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have something really weird going on with my order. I originally had a May allocation for a C2S Cabrio. I now got a screenshot of the tracking screen from my SA last week and that only shows
V200 of May 14th BUT no dates for the other V-Codes. Not planned, not nothing.

Did anyone else experience that before and can make any sense of this?
Old 05-23-2020, 06:37 PM
melbay
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Ordered my C4 today. Checking email frequently for dealer to send me info. Most likely Sept 15th.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:45 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalblond
My lock date is still May 25th but my build date is now June 30th as of today (was July 3rd)---every little bit helps!!!
I may have just got the changes done in time. I’ll be interested to compare our production dates when TYD is activated.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Zsamboki
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 36 Posts

Mine i take it says it will go into productuon June 5 and be delivered Aug 28th? This should still be a 2020 correct?
Old 05-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I may have just got the changes done in time. I’ll be interested to compare our production dates when TYD is activated.
Hopefully next week for us both (fingers crossed!). BTW...glad you are getting the Sport Tex. I know you wanted it!
Old 05-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by Zsamboki
Mine i take it says it will go into productuon June 5 and be delivered Aug 28th? This should still be a 2020 correct?
Yes, you should have a 2020 if that is what you ordered and you are in June production. My 2020 4S car locks next week and is scheduled for a June build as well!
The following users liked this post:
Zsamboki (05-23-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 08:11 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Hopefully next week for us both (fingers crossed!). BTW...glad you are getting the Sport Tex. I know you wanted it!
Lol - hope I don’t have buyers remorse buying it without seeing it or trying the seats. Well, that will flip the coin at purchase whether I lease or buy. If it’s a lease, I can change it out in 2 years. Good luck, you are supposed to lock tomorrow!!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:59 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Lol - hope I don’t have buyers remorse buying it without seeing it or trying the seats. Well, that will flip the coin at purchase whether I lease or buy. If it’s a lease, I can change it out in 2 years. Good luck, you are supposed to lock tomorrow!!
Thanks! I'm not even checking my status until Friday since I don't want to jinx anything and I don't want to freak out if it's delayed a few days. Although, I'm sure that today I'll be going over every damn option and deciding if I need it or want to switch it before tomorrow morning in Germany (I think this is also known as Porsche masochism). Myself, I go back and forth putting ventilated seats on and off ...which changes my seat options as well..... Seat dilemma all around!! Either way, I think we will ultimately love our cars and I don't think you will have buyer's remorse.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:44 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

I have the vented seats on my 991.2 and they are fine. I’ve traveled long distances in them, but my frequent passenger has an issue with them. The new seats are much better, but to be honest, this was one of the main reasons why I did the Sport Tex.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:04 AM
Metalblond
Pro

I have the vented seats on my 991.2 and they are fine. I’ve traveled long distances in them, but my frequent passenger has an issue with them. The new seats are much better, but to be honest, this was one of the main reasons why I did the Sport Tex.
My other car was a 991.2 with the vented seats and I found them miserable (I am petite and I really didn't feel that they were meant for someone smaller). One of my friends - who is also quite little- thought they were horrible too. My husband (considerably larger than me) thought they were fine...but I don't think I'm going to gamble on this one. It's so rarely hot where I live it's not worth the risk. Of course, I may regret all of this tomorrow if it hits 90+ degrees and my car locks......
Old 05-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

My other car was a 991.2 with the vented seats and I found them miserable (I am petite and I really didn't feel that they were meant for someone smaller). One of my friends - who is also quite little- thought they were horrible too. My husband (considerably larger than me) thought they were fine...but I don't think I'm going to gamble on this one. It's so rarely hot where I live it's not worth the risk. Of course, I may regret all of this tomorrow if it hits 90+ degrees and my car locks......
Oh wow, I never would have thought they are worse for lighter people. Interesting. Yes, so that’s the right choice!

I wanted to get the carbon fiber on the 991.2 but didn’t for some reason, so looking forward to that as well. I like the sport steering wheel, too. The palm rests seem to reduce fatigue - maybe it’s my imagination.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:34 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Oh wow, I never would have thought they are worse for lighter people. Interesting. Yes, so that’s the right choice!

I wanted to get the carbon fiber on the 991.2 but didn’t for some reason, so looking forward to that as well. I like the sport steering wheel, too. The palm rests seem to reduce fatigue - maybe it’s my imagination.
I had the carbon fiber on my 991.2 and the GT sport steering wheel (I bought my car off the lot and just happened to luck out with all the options I really wanted--except the miserable seats). I loved both so much I put them on this new build as well (and yes, I found the sport steering wheel much more comfortable). I'm more excited about the carbon fiber this year since it's more matte and I think it's going to give amazing texture to the look! ;-)
Old 05-25-2020, 05:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

My Lock Date was just moved up again to May 26!

My build is still at V200.

March 7: Order date
April 6: Original lock date
May 4: Original build date

June 9: New lock date **update - now June 2** **Now May 27!!** **Now May 26!!**
July 3: New build date - dunno - should find out with TYD soon!!

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 05-25-2020 at 06:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 06:34 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

I had the carbon fiber on my 991.2 and the GT sport steering wheel (I bought my car off the lot and just happened to luck out with all the options I really wanted--except the miserable seats). I loved both so much I put them on this new build as well (and yes, I found the sport steering wheel much more comfortable). I'm more excited about the carbon fiber this year since it's more matte and I think it's going to give amazing texture to the look! ;-)
Did you order the carbon fiber steering wheel trim?
Old 05-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Did you order the carbon fiber steering wheel trim?
I have been back and forth more about the carbon fiber steering wheel than pretty much anything! I've changed my build a few times so technically it's been yes and no and yes and no ;-) I did realize I love the look of it with the Sport Tex seats and the carbon fiber trim--but after deciding I wanted 14 way seats (which takes the Sport Tex option out) I went for solid black seats with the new carbon fiber interior trim. I wasn't so sure the plain black leather seats looked as spectacular with the steering wheel as the Sport Tex or the seats with chalk stitching did--so my last build didn't have them. I should be locking this week (if I didn't lock today--I'm not checking until the end of the week)- unless I change my mind about the damn steering wheel yet again. Aren't you sorry you asked? ;-)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!