Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 05:06 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

My dealership has gone completely MIA so I have no idea what's going on with my car. Feels bad.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:33 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Old 05-14-2020, 08:35 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markanth
Dan, I have been reluctant to enter into opinions here (as you have far more experience than me here) but I think I need to save you from over thinking this. Now that your lock date was extended...Well, I guess you can say "I was saved by the bell."

There is really no other choice than Truffle brown with Aventurine Green, (End of Story) but you might/should/must add wood or leather trim. Just my thinking, Sport-tex might be the best combo for a silver, maybe chalk or a white exterior with the cab or Targa only for instance...primary reason- sun and hot leather seats. However, seat ventilation might be wonderful now (I just don't know) and therefore you could go full leather even with the cab or Targa. I'm wondering what the Cab drivers think about lots of sun, and heat even with seat ventilation? Thoughts?

And I even thought about changing exterior color to Aventurine just so I could have the Truffle interior. Would be alright with me, but I am looking for an open-topper and wouldn't know what top color to get...that would throw me into greater paralysis.

Good luck to you,
Mark
Hi Mark - the only way I could do the truffle brown is if were two-tone, like black/mohave. I’ve looked at photos and videos, and aside from the reflective surface in the windshield, I just don’t care for the monochromatic theme. The beautiful leather is lost in a sea of brown carpet, headliner, and other bits. The wood trim gets lost as well. The Black/Mohave with paldao trim looks elegant, and the car I test drove had the combination. But I don’t want an elegant car. This is my sports car, so fairly sure I am doing Sport Tex, CF trim and steering wheel, and leather backs on the 18-way seats. I researched the aventurine green on auto trader and saw it configured with all these interiors, but preferred Sport Tex.

Just a few more thoughts. Out of all the cars on auto trader, few were Black/Mohave. I saw a few of the cars were the standard interior, and it didn’t look that much different than the $4k leather. Call me an elitist, but it bothered me that it looks like $4k for full leather was buying a little stitching. If I had a more restricted budget, I could very well go with the standard B/M interior with the wood trim and be quite pleased with it.

Also, I did write to my SA and asked if they could do a custom Black/Truffle interior, but he wrote today that it was not possible.

Thanks for your opinion. Just like the sense of taste is individual, so is what pleases our eyes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
Metalblond (05-14-2020), rk-d (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 09:43 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
. I saw a few of the cars were the standard interior, and it didn’t look that much different than the $4k leather. Call me an elitist, but it bothered me that it looks like $4k for full leather was buying a little stitching.
Standard interior has the same atrocious bumpy fake leather material on the dash & doors that you'll find in a $20k car. It's just sitting there in your line of sight reminding you that you cheaped out, IMO. That's really what the $4k is for. If you're getting the 992 as a weekend and/or track car, I could see the argument for standard, but as a DD the leather really upps the interior quality.

Of course, with the Sport Tex you get the added bonus of the unique, comfy seat inserts.

Last edited by GratedWasabi; 05-14-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:10 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,460 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Hi Mark - the only way I could do the truffle brown is if were two-tone, like black/mohave. I’ve looked at photos and videos, and aside from the reflective surface in the windshield, I just don’t care for the monochromatic theme. The beautiful leather is lost in a sea of brown carpet, headliner, and other bits. The wood trim gets lost as well. The Black/Mohave with paldao trim looks elegant, and the car I test drove had the combination. But I don’t want an elegant car. This is my sports car, so fairly sure I am doing Sport Tex, CF trim and steering wheel, and leather backs on the 18-way seats. I researched the aventurine green on auto trader and saw it configured with all these interiors, but preferred Sport Tex.

Just a few more thoughts. Out of all the cars on auto trader, few were Black/Mohave. I saw a few of the cars were the standard interior, and it didn’t look that much different than the $4k leather. Call me an elitist, but it bothered me that it looks like $4k for full leather was buying a little stitching. If I had a more restricted budget, I could very well go with the standard B/M interior with the wood trim and be quite pleased with it.

Also, I did write to my SA and asked if they could do a custom Black/Truffle interior, but he wrote today that it was not possible.

Thanks for your opinion. Just like the sense of taste is individual, so is what pleases our eyes.
I could see the monochromatic interior being an issue. No need to overthink it - the Sport-tex/Carbon is a winner.

The thing about the leather vs standard is subtle - the more time you spend in the car, the more obvious the difference. The door card is a big one - the leather dash also stands out. I'm glad to have it. That is one option you have zero ability to retro-fit.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:54 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Well, I have now gotten good news twice in the past two weeks. First my lock date was moved from 5/15 to 5/6, a full 9 days early with production (V260) moved to 5/22. I was just informed today by my SA, that it went into production last Thursday (5/14) and now is scheduled for completion by 5/22!!!

The only strange part is the finally delivery date hasn't changed .... to this point. But I continue to hope that things continue to "fast track", relatively speaking. QUESTION: How long did your cars PRIOR to shutdown, typically sit in Emden?
Old 05-18-2020, 02:02 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Originally Posted by russbert
Well, I have now gotten good news twice in the past two weeks. First my lock date was moved from 5/15 to 5/6, a full 9 days early with production (V260) moved to 5/22. I was just informed today by my SA, that it went into production last Thursday (5/14) and now is scheduled for completion by 5/22!!!

The only strange part is the finally delivery date hasn't changed .... to this point. But I continue to hope that things continue to "fast track", relatively speaking. QUESTION: How long did your cars PRIOR to shutdown, typically sit in Emden?
It does seem like they've got things rolling now. All of my dates have been moved up slightly as well and my SA is anticipating it'll be even sooner than that.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert

This is great news! By any chance are you able to track the updates in My Porsche now?? Maybe they will update your delivery date once your car is finished and at Emden??
Old 05-18-2020, 11:11 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalblond
This is great news! By any chance are you able to track the updates in My Porsche now?? Maybe they will update your delivery date once your car is finished and at Emden??
So far no luck with tracking via My Porsche yet; only shows my current one. At least my SA sends me weekly updates of progress screen via text message. I hoping that will change soon.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:50 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

My Lock Date was just moved up again to May 27.

My build is still at V200.

March 7: Order date
April 6: Original lock date
May 4: Original build date

June 9: New lock date **update - now June 2** **Now 27 May!**
July 3: New build date - dunno

Old 05-19-2020, 02:36 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Love it--nothing better than dates getting pulled forward! I'm hoping to get some more information in the next few days on mine.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

I’ve got to get my changes in. I can’t figure out why my SA doesn’t like Sport Tex?
Old 05-19-2020, 02:53 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

I’ve got to get my changes in. I can’t figure out why my SA doesn’t like Sport Tex?
I got this reaction from one SA but my current one likes it a lot.

I think some people think it should be leather or Alcantara only for nice cars. Don't let it bother you.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:18 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

My lock date is still May 25th but my build date is now June 30th as of today (was July 3rd)---every little bit helps!!!

Old 05-19-2020, 06:09 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

SportTex looks really great in person. MAYBE you narrow your resale audience a bit with it but I wouldn't worry about that. If you like it and didn't want ventilated seats then go for it, you won't regret.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!