Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 03:49 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks everyone. So sounds like I should wait a bit longer. I’m at 15 days since I placed order.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Originally Posted by morrisryanc
That is BS what Porsche NA told you. My SA explained how it works to me. Whatever email address you gave him as a contact, he's supposed to give to Porsche NA. It will likely take a couple days or weeks, but once they process your build order and attach it to your email address, you should get a PTYD email with the link you click on to access the site. The PTYD site uses your commission number (not your VIN) to track your build.

Your VIN isn't assigned until your order is V250.

I was the first customer at my dealership to get the PTYD email. I had to tell my SA about the program. He had never heard of it. I showed him a thread from RennList and he emailed Porsche NA that day with my email address to make sure they were setting it up. A few days later I got the PTYD email.
Yes. Not being able to use PTYD until vin assigned, v250, seems goofy. By then you are two thirds of the way through the process. I don’t mind waiting a bit longer, but it’d be nice to know what the story is.

Last edited by iamwingman; 05-10-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

I also called Porsche NA and they also said to me that they have made changes to Track Your Dream and that the invitation will only be sent to people as soon as the VIN number is assigned. They could see my order by commission number, as well as my email (I have another Porsche on my account) and they could give me dates for lock, estimated delivery, etc...but they reiterated to me that they made changes to the app since it was out earlier this year. Is V250 the code of when the build locks?
Old 05-07-2020, 05:35 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Metalblond
I also called Porsche NA and they also said to me that they have made changes to Track Your Dream and that the invitation will only be sent to people as soon as the VIN number is assigned. They could see my order by commission number, as well as my email (I have another Porsche on my account) and they could give me dates for lock, estimated delivery, etc...but they reiterated to me that they made changes to the app since it was out earlier this year. Is V250 the code of when the build locks?
v250 is lock date. That is helpful. Thank you. I won’t look for the golden email till October in my case. Maybe I’ll get lucky and my dates will move up a little bit. The good thing about the long wait till locking is that it gives more time for GTS to be released. If it is announced officially before my lock, I’m changing my build over to the GTS. I’ll be very very happy either way come delivery day.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 07:35 PM
job511
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope all is well with everyone, and good to see the excitement of ordering a 992 is still there! I am trying to follow this lead and trying to determine the latest.....

Here's my scenario....got allocation a day before lockdown mid March in Canada. Original lock date should be early May and delivery expected late June or early July. The Canadian Porsche site has 2021 configuration ( ie. new premium pkg ) for about a week mid April. Then strange enough it went back to 2020 configuration. SA said the vehicle will still arrive end of summer as 2020 vehicle and confirm its at V200 stage a week ago.

I know the situation is fluid... but I am reading the above that vehicles that locked after april would be 2021. And another thread said build year is 2020 until end of the year....very confusing …. My SA is a man of few words , shall we say.... I was not given an Porsche account to keep track the dates....should I be asking for one. This is a first P-car for me and I am not used to hunt down my SA lol its probably a Canadian thing...

Is Canadian production different than US production?
If its going to be 2021, I suppose I''ll get a call about changing price or changing options (?)

I suppose I don't want to receive a 2020 vehicle in November when 2021 is just around the corner, if this makes sense. Your experience is appreciated
Old 05-07-2020, 07:56 PM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by job511
Hope all is well with everyone, and good to see the excitement of ordering a 992 is still there! I am trying to follow this lead and trying to determine the latest.....

Here's my scenario....got allocation a day before lockdown mid March in Canada. Original lock date should be early May and delivery expected late June or early July. The Canadian Porsche site has 2021 configuration ( ie. new premium pkg ) for about a week mid April. Then strange enough it went back to 2020 configuration. SA said the vehicle will still arrive end of summer as 2020 vehicle and confirm its at V200 stage a week ago.

I know the situation is fluid... but I am reading the above that vehicles that locked after april would be 2021. And another thread said build year is 2020 until end of the year....very confusing …. My SA is a man of few words , shall we say.... I was not given an Porsche account to keep track the dates....should I be asking for one. This is a first P-car for me and I am not used to hunt down my SA lol its probably a Canadian thing...

If its going to be 2021, I suppose I''ll get a call about changing price or changing options (?)

I suppose I don't want to receive a 2020 vehicle in November when 2021 is just around the corner, if this makes sense. Your experience is appreciated
I’m a fellow Canadian. I think this track your dream site that people talk about is for USA cars only. PCNA is separate from Porsche Cars Canada. I’m not sure if there’s an automated way to track status in Canada, you need to pester your sales agent.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Hi. I'm not sure if this will help since I am in the U.S., but my car was ordered in March (originally locking in early April) but will now lock at the end of May with delivery in August. When I called Porsche NA they told me that my car is still model year 2020 and if they were changing the model year ( which would essentially cancel the current order) they would have contacted me. I know what you mean about getting a 2020 right before the 2021s arrive-- and I thought of that too--but on the good side, we will have lower mileage on our vehicles when we sell them ;-) As for tracking, some of us are able to get Track Your Dream right away and others (like me) were told it will not be available until V250. Just make sure you set up your account with My Porsche and hope for the best. Congrats on the car too!
Old 05-07-2020, 08:18 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by iamwingman
v250 is lock date. That is helpful. Thank you. I won’t look for the golden email till October in my case. Maybe I’ll get lucky and my dates will move up a little bit. The good thing about the long wait till locking is that it gives more time for GTS to be released. If it is announced officially before my lock, I’m changing my build over to the GTS. I’ll be very very happy either way come delivery day.
Thanks so much! I've changed my build 3 times since the lockdown and if a GTS was there, ut oh..., I'd maybe consider 4. Not that I am going to do any more changes (or so I say) but are you able to change a build to a GTS or do you have to get an entirely different allocation for that?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:00 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,473 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Thanks so much! I've changed my build 3 times since the lockdown and if a GTS was there, ut oh..., I'd maybe consider 4. Not that I am going to do any more changes (or so I say) but are you able to change a build to a GTS or do you have to get an entirely different allocation for that?
That is not always a straightforward process. GTS allocations are less plentiful than Carreras and dealerships will often have a different scale for discounts as well as who gets them. They aren’t nearly as tough to get as a GT but there is often a bit of a wait. I’d bet Porsche will be pretty conservative with allocations and may only give them to high volume dealers. It maybe hard to know if and when your dealer would get a GTS allocation. In other words, unless the timing is just right you might need to just cancel your order.
Metalblond (05-08-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:21 PM
leaf345
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

Such nice weather out there, but my car is stuck in Emden :/
Old 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by rk-d
That is not always a straightforward process. GTS allocations are less plentiful than Carreras and dealerships will often have a different scale for discounts as well as who gets them. They aren’t nearly as tough to get as a GT but there is often a bit of a wait. I’d bet Porsche will be pretty conservative with allocations and may only give them to high volume dealers. It maybe hard to know if and when your dealer would get a GTS allocation. In other words, unless the timing is just right you might need to just cancel your order.
Thanks. I'm sure my last build on my C4S is exactly what I want--but I was curious when I was hearing about changing over models on an order. Thanks again!
Old 05-08-2020, 09:38 AM
job511
Advanced

thanks for the reply. that would be a disappointing buying experience without "track your dream". Time to do another email to SA
Old 05-08-2020, 09:40 AM
job511
Advanced

Hi. I'm not sure if this will help since I am in the U.S., but my car was ordered in March (originally locking in early April) but will now lock at the end of May with delivery in August. When I called Porsche NA they told me that my car is still model year 2020 and if they were changing the model year ( which would essentially cancel the current order) they would have contacted me. I know what you mean about getting a 2020 right before the 2021s arrive-- and I thought of that too--but on the good side, we will have lower mileage on our vehicles when we sell them ;-) As for tracking, some of us are able to get Track Your Dream right away and others (like me) were told it will not be available until V250. Just make sure you set up your account with My Porsche and hope for the best. Congrats on the car too!
Thank you for the reply. Hopefully that mean its September delivery ( assuming they make all NA P-cars in the same batch)

On a separate note, I do like premium pkg offered in the 2021, seem to be more useful than the current pkg. Decisions....
Old 05-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

thanks for the reply. that would be a disappointing buying experience without "track your dream". Time to do another email to SA
Evidently the problem is at Porsche NA for me. My SA says that TYD should be available at V200. The dealerships have not been notified of any change. If there has been a change that it’s only available when the VIN is assigned, then Porsche NA has poor communication through their dealer network at this time. They also haven’t been told anything about changing V200’s to 2021 models.

Some have cancelled their orders due to constraints of the pandemic. I wonder if Porsche will reward those of us that have stuck with it.
Metalblond (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 12:29 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

I have an allocation with my dealer as of this week, but they are waiting for the 2021 configuration to come out so they can enter the build. Does anyone have any information on if the 2021 configurator is live and how the dealer can get access to it?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!