Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:07 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by sweylo
Just placed my 2021 order as well: C2S, Agate Grey, 7-speed manual transmission, full chalk leather interior, delete model designation, sunroof, lightweight glass. Race-tex steering wheel is not yet available in the 2021 configurator so I'll have to wait and add that later. Did not get the PSE since the car is already loud enough.

I can't wait! Right now looks like a December delivery according to the dealer.

love the colors/spec on this, enjoy...
The following 2 users liked this post by Hp12c:
Dan Nagy (05-12-2020), sweylo (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 07:15 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
My build is still at V200.

March 7: Order date
April 6: Original lock date
May 4: Original build date

June 9: New lock date **update - now June 2**
July 3: New build date

My SA wrote that they are getting on with production.
Awesome news!
The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalblond
Fantastic news!!!! Get that build finalized now ;-)
Haha. Now considering totally changing my interior from Black/Mohave/Paldao to Sport Tex and carbon fiber. I have an influencer that prefers the Mohave/Beige, but I think the sport Tex would be more comfortable and looks cool.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Haha. Now considering totally changing my interior from Black/Mohave/Paldao to Sport Tex and carbon fiber. I have an influencer that prefers the Mohave/Beige, but I think the sport Tex would be more comfortable and looks cool.
I'm no help since I don't think you would go wrong with either pick!

After seeing that your date is pushed up sooner --the idea that our 992s will be built seems more real!! I don't know about you, but my car has gotten pretty different from when I ordered it in March. I'm contemplating a change before my lock too.... I can't decide between 14 and 18 way seats... you think I would have figured it out by now since I've changed it three times already ;-)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:21 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

After seeing that your date is pushed up sooner --the idea that our 992s will be built seems more real!! I don't know about you, but my car has gotten pretty different from when I ordered it in March. I'm contemplating a change before my lock too.... I can't decide between 14 and 18 way seats... you think I would have figured it out by now since I've changed it three times already ;-)
I know - are you locking in a few days? If I do Sport Tex, it will be 18 ways. I take my car hiking and road trips, beach, etc, and thinking that light Mohave interior could be a PIA to keep clean.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Have you sat in the 14-way vs. the 18-way? I seem to recall that the seats fit differently, regardless of the adjustability. I prefer the tighter fit of the 18-way (also available in 4-way, I think).
Old 05-13-2020, 12:44 AM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

"Now totally considering changing my interior.............." If I may say, in my own humble opinion only, since you have selected Aventurine Green as your exterior color, then there is only one interior choice and it is crystal clear for your interior , and that is Truffle Brown (lucky you). Get your head around it. Truffle brown is meant to go with this exterior color for this car absolutely -no question. Nothing of the available options is even close. Don't overthink this. You know the right thing to do here.

I enjoy reading your posts. Now when will the Targa become available?
Regards,
Mark

Last edited by markanth; 05-13-2020 at 01:15 AM. Reason: include partial quote
Dan Nagy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:46 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markanth
"Now totally considering changing my interior.............." If I may say, in my own humble opinion only, since you have selected Aventurine Green as your exterior color, then there is only one interior choice and it is crystal clear for your interior , and that is Truffle Brown (lucky you). Get your head around it. Truffle brown is meant to go with this exterior color for this car absolutely -no question. Nothing of the available options is even close. Don't overthink this. You know the right thing to do here.

I enjoy reading your posts. Now when will the Targa become available?
Regards,
Mark
I would do Truffle Brown in a heartbeat, IF only it we’re Black/brown. I don’t want the windshield glare.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Metalblond
Pro

I know - are you locking in a few days? If I do Sport Tex, it will be 18 ways. I take my car hiking and road trips, beach, etc, and thinking that light Mohave interior could be a PIA to keep clean.
This is so confusing! I'm supposed to lock on May 28th with the car finishing up July 3rd (I'll have your sister car!) with August delivery. My SA said things can change but Porsche is ramping up production so he wouldn't be surprised if our builds are done much sooner ;-)
Old 05-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Have you sat in the 14-way vs. the 18-way? I seem to recall that the seats fit differently, regardless of the adjustability. I prefer the tighter fit of the 18-way (also available in 4-way, I think).
So I went to the dealership today to drive my SA crazy and sit in all the seats and look at every car on the lot before my order locks. I'm pretty petite so it really didn't make much difference with me with the 14 way or 18 way seats- although the 14 seemed to get me closer to where I needed to be to drive--the 18 seemed to be scaled for someone much taller than I am. Both were comfortable for me. Anyway, I will say this, the 14 way felt 100 times better than the miserable 14 ways in the 991.2. Actually bad baseball seats in the bleachers were more comfortable than the 14 ways in the 991.2, so any improvement is a good one.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:52 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 703 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
I have sat in them and prefer the sport seat plus (4-way). I don't have a bad back and want a lighter seat that IMO is just as comfortable without spending another $3K. Sport Tex for sure. Love the hounds tooth pattern. Reminds me of the E30M3 Evo 2s.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:01 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

This is so confusing! I'm supposed to lock on May 28th with the car finishing up July 3rd (I'll have your sister car!) with August delivery. My SA said things can change but Porsche is ramping up production so he wouldn't be surprised if our builds are done much sooner ;-)
Wow, mine is right behind yours on the production line. I just got off the phone with my SA and he said that I lock June 2nd, but finish production on.. July 3rd, same date as yours! They have an August delivery date in the system, but he believes it will actually be delivered by the end of July. He also said that they are ramping up, and Leipzig has actually caught up a month of backlog already.

We also discussed the truffle brown club leather. I need to dig out some photos of that interior. He said it is awesome leather, but I am concerned about the windshield glare. I'll do a deep dive into the forum later - I know there are posts here already about this.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Wow, mine is right behind yours on the production line. I just got off the phone with my SA and he said that I lock June 2nd, but finish production on.. July 3rd, same date as yours! They have an August delivery date in the system, but he believes it will actually be delivered by the end of July. He also said that they are ramping up, and Leipzig has actually caught up a month of backlog already.

We also discussed the truffle brown club leather. I need to dig out some photos of that interior. He said it is awesome leather, but I am concerned about the windshield glare. I'll do a deep dive into the forum later - I know there are posts here already about this.
I saw a truffle brown club leather on the lot today and it really was beautiful.... sorry to throw this wrench in there..... but I have to admit, the other interior you had with the Paleo wood was super elegant and I do wonder about the glare on the brown... decisions!! Anyway, I guess I really will have your sister car---and, yes, I'm hearing the same about delivery much sooner--especially since we are on the East Coast. It may really be a happy 4th of July ;-)
Dan Nagy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 06:46 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

The truffle is pretty dark... I don't think glare would be an issue with it. It really does look (and smell) nice in person.
Dan Nagy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 07:38 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,460 Likes on 2,810 Posts

I love my sport-tex interior, but if I was getting Aventurine Green, I'd be really tempted by Truffle. That's a nice combo.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!