Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 05:23 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by 3RsInCarrera
At the dealership. Signed paperwork, waiting for ACH to be completed. I may be out on Friday hopefully!

beautiful... get those orange markers swapped asap and it'll be perfect.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Trackmunkey
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 41 Posts

Just got confirmation my build is being pushed to MY21 but Miami Blue is still intact. We'll see.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:30 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

At the dealership. Signed paperwork, waiting for ACH to be completed. I may be out on Friday hopefully!

Nice looking car. I think it is the first car that I have seen without Sport Exhaust - which is how I'll be ordering mine. Can you share why you went the non PSE route?
Old 05-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Cheshi143
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

Welp, looks like I get to join the club. Was going to purchase my 991.2 next month when the lease expired. Porsche Riverside made me a deal on the 992 I could not refuse. Pretty close to the exact same spec as my current 991.2.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cheshi143:
Drizz (05-07-2020), kwikit356 (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Trackmunkey
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheshi143
Welp, looks like I get to join the club. Was going to purchase my 991.2 next month when the lease expired. Porsche Riverside made me a deal on the 992 I could not refuse. Pretty close to the exact same spec as my current 991.2.

Nice. I'm pretty sure I test drove that one and was really tempted to buy. Don't worry I behaved.
The following users liked this post:
kwikit356 (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 10:52 PM
3RsInCarrera
Instructor

Received 250 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Nice looking car. I think it is the first car that I have seen without Sport Exhaust - which is how I'll be ordering mine. Can you share why you went the non PSE route?
Thanks!
1. I had a budget to work within ( I didn't want to spend more than an S started at--almost achieved that goal!).
2. Not getting sport exhaust may be a mistake.
3. If I make any "significant" mechanical changes to this car in the near-term, it will most likely be sport cats and exhaust. I would be less likely to and less happy about spending $5k+ on something I already spent $3k upgrading.
4. I actually really like the way the base, standard tail pipes look. The shape flows very nicely in the space--more naturally than circles or ovals imo, which otherwise don't exist on the rear end. There are a couple of really nice circles on the side and two amazing ovals on the front, however!
5. Its garage stablemate is a C7 Corvette Grand Sport. I wanted a more refined experience with this car. However, even with Sport Exhaust, the 911 wasn't going to compete or compare with the Vette in the exhaust sound department so why spend more and still fall far short.
6. I drove both (with and without sports exhaust) and didn't come away with the impression that the difference was worth $3k to me on my budget.
7. I watched some youtube video reviews about the car and a few that stuck with me said it didn't sound particularly good with or without sport exhaust. Turns out, those were European models with the GPF, so see #2.
8. I've only owned it for 3 days and driven it only 3 times, but I like to drive with the back of the sunroof "tilted" open so I can hear the exhaust and the engine noise coming behind me from within the cabin and the two sound nicely balanced without one sound overwhelming the other.
9. It may be a mistake, but I had a budget to work with and made the tradeoff. Staying within my budget, I would have lost either Sport Chrono, or the sunroof plus sports seat plus. Or I could have given up sport seats plus, heated GT sport steering wheel, metallic color AND PECLA delivery. I'd rather have those than have a louder exhaust that mostly other people can hear more than me and that I could probably improve upon aftermarket, which can't easily be said for some of those others.
10. It may be a mistake when it comes to re-sell, but never build your car for someone else. Hope that helps!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Thanks!
1. I had a budget to work within ( I didn't want to spend more than an S started at--almost achieved that goal!).
3. If I make any "significant" mechanical changes to this car in the near-term, it will most likely be sport cats and exhaust. I would be less likely to and less happy about spending $5k+ on something I already spent $3k upgrading.
4. I actually really like the way the base, standard tail pipes look. The shape flows very nicely in the space--more naturally than circles or ovals imo, which otherwise don't exist on the rear end. There are a couple of really nice circles on the side and two amazing ovals on the front, however!
5. Its garage stablemate is a C7 Corvette Grand Sport. I wanted a more refined experience with this car. However, even with Sport Exhaust, the 911 wasn't going to compete or compare with the Vette in the exhaust sound department so why spend more and still fall far short.
6. I drove both (with and without sports exhaust) and didn't come away with the impression that the difference was worth $3k to me on my budget.
7. I watched some youtube video reviews about the car and a few that stuck with me said it didn't sound particularly good with or without sport exhaust. Turns out, those were European models with the GPF, so see #2.
8. I've only owned it for 3 days and driven it only 3 times, but I like to drive with the back of the sunroof "tilted" open so I can hear the exhaust and the engine noise coming behind me from within the cabin and the two sound nicely balanced without one sound overwhelming the other.
9. It may be a mistake, but I had a budget to work with and made the tradeoff. Staying within my budget, I would have lost either Sport Chrono, or the sunroof plus sports seat plus. Or I could have given up sport seats plus, heated GT sport steering wheel, metallic color AND PECLA delivery. I'd rather have those than have a louder exhaust that mostly other people can hear more than me and that I could probably improve upon aftermarket, which can't easily be said for some of those others.
10. It may be a mistake when it comes to re-sell, but never build your car for someone else. Hope that helps!
I like those exhaust tips. I would prefer those with PSE - they look more integrated with the overall car design.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:13 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

Thanks!
Thanks 3R,

I'm wondering if you can comment on how much quieter the stock exhaust is over the PSE you test drove? I'm the only guy on this forum that prefers a quieter exhaust, preferring to listen to the wonderful mechanical sounds the engine makes.

I bought my 2017 991.2 with PSE because the dealer told me it was better for resale. I'll never do that again. You are right - order the car the way you want it and if the next guy doesn't like it, I'll take a bit of a loss. Like you mentioned, an aftermarket exhaust is easily fitted. I hated the drone of my 991.2's PSE and got rid of the car because of it.

As to the tips, some like the rectangular look of those standard exhaust tips - me not so much, but in Canada as of January, the base car can be ordered with the S model's standard exhaust tips. That is the way I'll go.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:52 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Thanks 3R,

I'm wondering if you can comment on how much quieter the stock exhaust is over the PSE you test drove? I'm the only guy on this forum that prefers a quieter exhaust, preferring to listen to the wonderful mechanical sounds the engine makes.

I bought my 2017 991.2 with PSE because the dealer told me it was better for resale. I'll never do that again. You are right - order the car the way you want it and if the next guy doesn't like it, I'll take a bit of a loss. Like you mentioned, an aftermarket exhaust is easily fitted. I hated the drone of my 991.2's PSE and got rid of the car because of it.

As to the tips, some like the rectangular look of those standard exhaust tips - me not so much, but in Canada as of January, the base car can be ordered with the S model's standard exhaust tips. That is the way I'll go.

No, you're not the only one--I have the standard exhaust with the quad tips on my C2S and love the look. I also find the sound to be totally acceptable at lower RPM's and when you kick it down and climb over about 6,000 it has a really nice loud wail. Not concerned at all about resale.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:07 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
Checked my Track Your Dream Link...Dealer Date moved up to November 20, 2020 from January 8, 2021. Anybody else get the same kind of news.
I went v200 on April 22nd. My dealer said I’d get the track your dream email in short order. I haven’t. I called Porsche NA and they told me I wouldn’t get the email and link until my car was assigned a VIN. Is this true.? I thought I’d read on here that some people track your dream was activated as soon as they went V200. Thanks all...
Old 05-07-2020, 01:49 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by iamwingman
I went v200 on April 22nd. My dealer said I’d get the track your dream email in short order. I haven’t. I called Porsche NA and they told me I wouldn’t get the email and link until my car was assigned a VIN. Is this true.? I thought I’d read on here that some people track your dream was activated as soon as they went V200. Thanks all...
My order was showing in TYD after I was at v200, and it was even showing updates (i.e., dates pushed later and later) but last week it disappeared altogether. Trying to figure out what the deal is at the moment but haven't had a lot of luck.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:10 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

That is BS what Porsche NA told you. My SA explained how it works to me. Whatever email address you gave him as a contact, he's supposed to give to Porsche NA. It will likely take a couple days or weeks, but once they process your build order and attach it to your email address, you should get a PTYD email with the link you click on to access the site. The PTYD site uses your commission number (not your VIN) to track your build.

Your VIN isn't assigned until your order is V250.

I was the first customer at my dealership to get the PTYD email. I had to tell my SA about the program. He had never heard of it. I showed him a thread from RennList and he emailed Porsche NA that day with my email address to make sure they were setting it up. A few days later I got the PTYD email.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by morrisryanc
That is BS what Porsche NA told you. My SA explained how it works to me. Whatever email address you gave him as a contact, he's supposed to give to Porsche NA. It will likely take a couple days or weeks, but once they process your build order and attach it to your email address, you should get a PTYD email with the link you click on to access the site. The PTYD site uses your commission number (not your VIN) to track your build.

Your VIN isn't assigned until your order is V250.

I was the first customer at my dealership to get the PTYD email. I had to tell my SA about the program. He had never heard of it. I showed him a thread from RennList and he emailed Porsche NA that day with my email address to make sure they were setting it up. A few days later I got the PTYD email.
When was that? A friend called PNA yesterday and they said the program changed. It’s now activated when the VIN is generated.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:27 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 190 Posts
I made a service appointment on My Porsche account page this week. When I brought up my account, up popped my order with a link to Track Your Dream. I had placed order with my dealer 4/10/2020. Received Porsche e-mail on 4/27/2020 Track Your Dream. My advice is be patient, it will happen if your dealer is on top of it. Good Luck Everyone...
The following users liked this post:
iamwingman (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

For what it's worth I called Porsche NA yesterday about TYD and they, A) Confirmed my order based on the commission number I provided, and, B) Told me that I would get the TYD e-mail within a week.

I had another order in and rec'd the TYD e-mail within a day of putting in the order. Cancelled that and went elsewhere (much earlier allocation and at a better price) 3 weeks ago now and never rec'd the TYD e-mail. Hence my call to Porsche NA.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!