Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 09:43 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Porsche Rocklin called to offer me a GT3T on their lot for an exclusive price of $350k. GT silver and no buckets.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
Porsche Rocklin called to offer me a GT3T on their lot for an exclusive price of $350k. GT silver and no buckets.
Did you laugh at them before you hung up the phone?
The following users liked this post:
EMdoc (04-28-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

What was his first name?
Old 04-27-2023, 11:37 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
What was his first name?
I don’t want to out him because he’s a salesperson just doing his job. Seemed like a nice guy.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:39 PM
Bhaha Porsche
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread should be focused on reporting ADMs we see from dealers so all of us are as informed as possible.

If it's of any use to others here - I recently paid 50k ADM for my GT3 (last MY23 prod before MY24 price). This is the best I could get with a light relationship (4th Porsche in 2 years - no Porsche prior to that - most of the cars I bought are from the same dealer).

Do I feel like I got a good deal? I called every dealer in my area and a few others across the country. The next best I was offered was 60k. I could also have walked away and ruminate on rennlist.

I see market for used GT3 is slowing down (see BaT). However, I don't want a secondhand GT3 - I want to make sure it wasn't overrev and want to configure every detail to my taste.

Great for those that were able to get one without ADM. I'm happy for you.

I'll see you all at the track.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bhaha Porsche:
Diablo Dude (04-28-2023), EMdoc (04-28-2023), wageslave (04-28-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 11:41 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I don’t want to out him because he’s a salesperson just doing his job. Seemed like a nice guy.
Alan?
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (04-30-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 01:00 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhaha Porsche
This thread should be focused on reporting ADMs we see from dealers so all of us are as informed as possible.

If it's of any use to others here - I recently paid 50k ADM for my GT3 (last MY23 prod before MY24 price). This is the best I could get with a light relationship (4th Porsche in 2 years - no Porsche prior to that - most of the cars I bought are from the same dealer).

Do I feel like I got a good deal? I called every dealer in my area and a few others across the country. The next best I was offered was 60k. I could also have walked away and ruminate on rennlist.

I see market for used GT3 is slowing down (see BaT). However, I don't want a secondhand GT3 - I want to make sure it wasn't overrev and want to configure every detail to my taste.

Thank you! I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-28-2023, 01:08 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
I think it's funny that there were always a few GT3s on BaT, then 3 sold for less than $230k from Jan-March, after which people seemed to be scared to sell on BaT ( not many cars offered for a spell late March, early April, only two sales between 3/2-4/18). There are cars for sale again now, but the dip in cars offered was entertaining. I think there are likely a good number of people who want to sell sometime, but are trying to be careful when, to preserve value. If all who wanted to sell put their cars up without reserve now, things would be very interesting.
I believe the peak of listings was last June/July there were 184 cars listed on Autotrader, and across all of the internet removing duplicates maybe around 230 cars available. Autotrader in Q4 of last year had between 164-180ish cars at any given time, that number this Monday was 112. I believe we are around 120 today on AT. That is a significant drop and I do not know what happens to the cars because the ones that were removed seemed to mostly be the ones with a very high asking price. Cars are not really selling , if they do they are a considerable amount lower, but there just arent as many transactions it seems Last summer if a car was under $250K it would be sold within a week or two, now there are several cars under $250K and a handful under $240K that have been sitting a while. It still feels like dealers are playing hot potato with cars, but just at a much slower pace. Many cars are not going to the actual end users, one of the more recent BAT auctions the highest bidder was a dealer. The Grigio Telesto GT3 on BAT that was bought by BMW Cleveland last year they tried to sell for 6 months, and it looks like they finally moved the car to another dealer on the west coast and they are still unable to sell it (it will have 4 owners and 110 total miles). Many of the GT3s for sale on Autotrader already have had 2 owners and have under 500 miles on them. I don't think I have seen a modern new car that had so many people speculating on and treating it as an investment before. Kind of sad to see so many cars not being driven.

Last edited by WCGhost; 04-28-2023 at 01:39 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by WCGhost:
Boltsfan (04-29-2023), chance6 (04-30-2023), EMdoc (04-28-2023), G.Irish (04-28-2023), maroli (05-03-2023), Robb M. (04-28-2023), usctrojanGT3 (04-28-2023), Yargk (04-28-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-28-2023, 02:33 AM
wageslave
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

Thank you for the data point and the general sentiment.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:19 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 128 Posts

I have a sincere question for the people who buy a couple of Porsches a year and have the close relationships with a dealer as a result. If you buy 2 new cars a year, and you are, say, 40 years old, do you have like 40 Porsches? Or do you have 4 Porsches?

If you have 4 but buy 2 every year, that would average out to owning your Porsches 2 years each before selling them. If you own only 2 Porsches, that would mean that every year you are selling them. What's more, if you, like me, have one or two that you own long term as keepers, then you might have only one or two spots that are trading every 6 months or less. Is flipping a car every year the price that a buyer pays in exchange for the initial MRSP allocation? I don't mean "flipping" in the sense of buying and selling for a positive profit, I mean repeatedly selling quickly, resulting in the dealer generating profit from the relationship.

From my perspective, the guys who buy and hold cars long term are probably the ones who, in some sense, most "deserve" the allocation. Not that anyone actually is owed anything, but it seems like it would make sense that those long term holders, who eventually will own the cars, if they want to pay up to get them at ADM, should not only do it, but should be respected by the Porsche community because they are committed to their car in a way that the short-term trader is not. I've never paid an ADM, but I would if I planned to own the car long-term. The guy who buys a car and sells it one year later to a person who ends up owning it for 10 years does a lot for dealer profit, but not much for the brand in my opinion.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:28 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I have a sincere question for the people who buy a couple of Porsches a year and have the close relationships with a dealer as a result. If you buy 2 new cars a year, and you are, say, 40 years old, do you have like 40 Porsches? Or do you have 4 Porsches?

If you have 4 but buy 2 every year, that would average out to owning your Porsches 2 years each before selling them. If you own only 2 Porsches, that would mean that every year you are selling them. What's more, if you, like me, have one or two that you own long term as keepers, then you might have only one or two spots that are trading every 6 months or less. Is flipping a car every year the price that a buyer pays in exchange for the initial MRSP allocation? I don't mean "flipping" in the sense of buying and selling for a positive profit, I mean repeatedly selling quickly, resulting in the dealer generating profit from the relationship.

From my perspective, the guys who buy and hold cars long term are probably the ones who, in some sense, most "deserve" the allocation. Not that anyone actually is owed anything, but it seems like it would make sense that those long term holders, who eventually will own the cars, if they want to pay up to get them at ADM, should not only do it, but should be respected by the Porsche community because they are committed to their car in a way that the short-term trader is not. I've never paid an ADM, but I would if I planned to own the car long-term. The guy who buys a car and sells it one year later to a person who ends up owning it for 10 years does a lot for dealer profit, but not much for the brand in my opinion.
Couldnt agree with you more.
Well said.

The people repeatedly talking about "flippers" are in fact "flippers" themselves.
And of course, all of those cars that they wind-up trading back to their dealershipafter 18 - 24 months are not at "market" value, but a "discounted" value by the dealer.
Interestingly enough, one of the biggest proponents of this type of arrangement with an out-of-state dealer has never actually shared the actual numbers and math involved.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:49 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Thumbs up

Here's my experience buying a 2023 GT3.
First off, I didnt have a previous relationship with my local dealer.

My 981 GT4 was purchased in late 2017 slightly used with 1200 miles on it from a dealer in the South Bay with Google in its backyard.
CPO with $5,000 of Prestige Clear Guard Nano PPF and a spotless over-rev report. Previous owner was a wealthy tech-executive that owned a bunch of cars and was running out of garage space and had a new 991.2 GT3 on order. I paid $1,000 less than the $113,000 MSRP. Sold it 5 years later for slightly less than I paid for it in a private party sale to make way for a 2023 GT3 Touring allocation and my own October '22 build/spec.

Never purchased a Porsche before from my local dealer, but had stopped by the dealership on a frequent basis since 2015 given that it was in the neighborhood that I grew up in.
Never bought cars from them. Never bought cars and traded them back into them in order to pave the way for a future GT car purchase. Never wined and dined any of the sales staff.
Never bought them any BBQ. I did nothing more than stop by and show interest in the brand on a regular basis over a number of years.

Wound up speccing my Agate Grey Touring with everything that I wanted last September for an ADM that I was comfortable with. Car had nothing more than a 2-week production delay from the original TYD time-line. Car completed production on Nov. 2nd and was on a boat out of Emden on Nov. 23rd. Arrived at a West Coast port (Benicia) at 1:50 am, Dec. 24th. I actually drove over to the port that morning to watch them unload cars off of the Glovis Clipper at 10:30 am. My car went right through customs and was delivered the following Tuesday, Dec. 27th. Picked up from my dealer on New Year's Day. Had my dealer comp me clear side-markers and a Porsche license plate frame. Had them install rear reflectors in Agate Grey Metallic from the Bumper Plug guy Eric. Felt blessed that my car didnt sit at either port, especially given some of the "horror" stories posted on RL. Also was able to get PCCB's and everything else I wanted on my $210,000 build. The "stop" orders seemed to occur just after my car left Emden in late November.

The car is absolutely PHENOMENAL in every way.

It's my third Porsche and the grip is massive and undeniable. The ride is far more compliant than my GT4 and the clutch is far less stiff and doesnt need to be pushed all the way to the floor.
Given the very tall 2nd gear in my GT4 (to 83 mph) I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually go through the gears in my new GT3 on city boulevards for a change. The turn-in on this car is nothing short of amazing! My car also came with the Pirelli's, which seem to be more compliant and comfortable than the Michelins. Not as bad tire "noise" as I had initially read in the forums, unless you are on a rough stretch of pavement at speed. The Performance tire pressure settings (27/30) are helpful. The 18-ways are awesome and I dont miss the LWB's of my GT4 one bit. - - - Love how "stealthy" and understated my Touring looks!

Had Premier of Fremont PPF my car with ClearGuard Alpha execpt for the rear bumper and spoiler which I had ceramic coated with Modesta BC-04. Had a much larger shark fin piece installed, and had the wheels and brake calipers ceramic coated with Nanolex Si3d. - - - Windows (except for windshield) were also tinted at 45% with Spectra Photosyn IRD. Added a few leather "bits" from Frank at Exclusive Options in Berkeley. New sun visors stitched in GT Silver (without the dumb yellow warning decals), leather inner door sills, fuse covers, door triangles, etc. Installed the AWE wind diffusers. They matched the black trim on my Touring perfectly.

I'm not going to post what I paid in ADM, but I believe it was reasonable given the 2023 model year and another impending price hike which we just saw of $13,000.
It was also "reasonable" given that I had no previous buying history with my dealer nor did I ever buy them any BBQ.

Given the topic of this thread, I will gladly share my ADM with anyone that I feel "comfortable" with via PM.
Am heading to Luftgekuhlt this weekend. Weather will be gorgeous.
Can't wait to see everyone there and have some brews at
Mare Island Brewing.

Cheers!

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-28-2023 at 12:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-28-2023), shrimp money (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 01:50 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude

My 981 GT4 was purchased in late 2017 slightly used with 1200 miles on it from a dealer in the South Bay with Google in its backyard.
CPO with $5,000 of Prestige Clear Guard Nano PPF and a spotless over-rev report. Previous owner was a wealthy tech-executive that owned a bunch of cars and was running out of garage space and had a new 991.2 GT3 on order. I paid $1,000 less than the $113,000 MSRP. Sold it 5 years later for slightly less than I paid for it in a private party sale to make way for a 2023 GT3 Touring allocation and my own October '22 build/spec.

Never purchased a Porsche before from my local dealer, but had stopped by the dealership on a frequent basis since 2015 given that it was in the neighborhood that I grew up in.
Never bought cars from them. Never bought cars and traded them back into them in order to pave the way for a future GT car purchase. Never wined and dined any of the sales staff.
Never bought them any BBQ. I did nothing more than stop by and show interest in the brand on a regular basis over a number of years.

Wound up speccing my Agate Grey Touring with everything that I wanted last September for an ADM that I was comfortable with. Car had nothing more than a 2-week production delay from the original TYD time-line. Car completed production on Nov. 2nd and was on a boat out of Emden on Nov. 23rd. Arrived at a West Coast port (Benicia) at 1:50 am, Dec. 24th. I actually drove over to the port that morning to watch them unload cars off of the Glovis Clipper at 10:30 am. My car went right through customs and was delivered the following Tuesday, Dec. 27th. Picked up from my dealer on New Year's Day. Had my dealer comp me clear side-markers and a Porsche license plate frame. Had them install rear reflectors in Agate Grey Metallic from the Bumper Plug guy Eric. Felt blessed that my car didnt sit at either port, especially given some of the "horror" stories posted on RL. Also was able to get PCCB's and everything else I wanted on my $210,000 build. The "stop" orders seemed to occur just after my car left Emden in late November.

It's my third Porsche and the grip is massive and undeniable. The ride is far more compliant than my GT4 and the clutch is far less stiff and doesnt need to be pushed all the way to the floor.
Given the very tall 2nd gear in my GT4 (to 83 mph) I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually go through the gears in my new GT3 on city boulevards for a change. The turn-in on this car is nothing short of amazing! My car also came with the Pirelli's, which seem to be more compliant and comfortable than the Michelins. Not as bad tire "noise" as I had initially read in the forums, unless you are on a rough stretch of pavement at speed. The Performance tire pressure settings (27/30) are helpful. The 18-ways are awesome and I dont miss the LWB's of my GT4 one bit. - - - Love how "stealthy" and understated my Touring looks!

Had Premier of Fremont PPF my car with ClearGuard Alpha execpt for the rear bumper and spoiler which I had ceramic coated with Modesta BC-04. Had a much larger shark fin piece installed, and had the wheels and brake calipers ceramic coated with Nanolex Si3d. - - - Windows (except for windshield) were also tinted at 45% with Spectra Photosyn IRD. Added a few leather "bits" from Frank at Exclusive Options in Berkeley. New sun visors stitched in GT Silver (without the dumb yellow warning decals), leather inner door sills, fuse covers, door triangles, etc. Installed the AWE wind diffusers. They matched the black trim on my Touring perfectly.

I'm not going to post what I paid in ADM, but I believe it was reasonable given the 2023 model year and another impending price hike which we just saw of $13,000.
It was also "reasonable" given that I had no previous buying history with my dealer nor did I ever buy them any BBQ.

Given the topic of this thread, I will gladly share my ADM with anyone that I feel "comfortable" with via PM.
Mare Island Brewing.

Cheers!
The most important part of this post is....ENJOY LUFT! I've been to most of them, but this one is geographically too far......
Old 04-28-2023, 03:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993TurboS

For my non-GT cars, I go through them every 12-18 months. Why? Because I drive 20k-25k miles for work and do not want to deal with servicing the car, replacing tires/brakes, and being out of factory warranty. As for my GT cars, I like a little variety....a cayman GT4 car, a GT3, and a GT3RS and like getting the latest version so I trade in the previous version to get the newer stuff. I only have so much room in my garage and only so much in funds so I'll never have more than 4-5 cars at any time. The one car that I have that is a keeper is a 997 GT3RS 4L and the plan was to add a CGT but prices got out of hand.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude

Mare Island Brewing.

Cheers!
Yeah your dealer doesn't deserve any BBQ since you paid them an ADM. Maybe they own you a BBQ for thanks for paying the ADM? Besides, CA BBQ is garbage compared to Texas BBQ.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM