Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 04:15 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 352 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
OK, I relent, I'm willing to pay ADM. Will you take $5k over MSRP?
If I was in control of the ADM, most definitely
(813) 838-8758
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,339 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
If I was in control of the ADM, most definitely
Why? Isn't it in the interest of dealers for the ADM to be high, to increase dealer profit on the new cars?
Old 04-24-2023, 04:24 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 352 Likes on 199 Posts

Why? Isn't it in the interest of dealers for the ADM to be high, to increase dealer profit on the new cars?
My commission on these isn't controlled by the ADM. I'd rather a small ADM or no ADM at all to make it easier for my clients.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:43 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,339 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
My commission on these isn't controlled by the ADM. I'd rather a small ADM or no ADM at all to make it easier for my clients.
Ah, I see that you're a broker. The dealer could move the car quickly if he dropped the price, so I guess the reason to use a broker is to sell the car for a price higher than the average ADM. That tells me that few people will pay $70k ADM in the current market.
Old 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Ah, I see that you're a broker. The dealer could move the car quickly if he dropped the price, so I guess the reason to use a broker is to sell the car for a price higher than the average ADM. That tells me that few people will pay $70k ADM in the current market.
These stealers using broker/s tell me that they went through their entire list of names and numbers with no bite so now they send it out to brokers to see if the broker can find buyers for these high ADMs. How about drop the ADM and sell it to a local customer? That's a novel idea, huh?
The following 3 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
driIve (04-24-2023), Manifold (04-24-2023), ToasterThief (04-29-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 10:04 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 163 Posts

Greed is Good. Who is paying ADM of 70k for a 3 yr old platform at this point? SMH
Old 04-24-2023, 10:05 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
These stealers using broker/s tell me that they went through their entire list of names and numbers with no bite so now they send it out to brokers to see if the broker can find buyers for these high ADMs. How about drop the ADM and sell it to a local customer? That's a novel idea, huh?
Do you advise your clients who are selling their home to drop their price so that they can sell it to someone local, rather than a buyer from out of town?

Old 04-24-2023, 10:11 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Do you advise your clients who are selling their home to drop their price so that they can sell it to someone local, rather than a buyer from out of town?
Lol. Do you know what would happen to west coast prices if foreign buyers were banned ? Huge amounts of money flowing to a stable legal system.
shrimp money (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 10:21 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
@usctrojanGT3 I am genuinely curious how you justify your role in real estate vs this.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by av12345
@usctrojanGT3 I am genuinely curious how you justify your role in real estate vs this.
Ummm, real estate and cars are apples and oranges. If you think otherwise, that's on you. But same as my dealership and other service providers, I focus on building relationships with my clients because that where the money is made in my profession versus how much I can make on one deal (hence why I charge less for my listing commission and do commission rebate). The concept of giving up a little now to get more later applies.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
EMdoc (04-26-2023), Robb M. (04-25-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 11:26 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Ummm, real estate and cars are apples and oranges. If you think otherwise, that's on you. But same as my dealership and other service providers, I focus on building relationships with my clients because that where the money is made in my profession versus how much I can make on one deal (hence why I charge less for my listing commission and do commission rebate). The concept of giving up a little now to get more later applies.
I agree with the building relationships part for sure (and some dealers follow that model too) but you surely will try to make as much money for your clients (and yourself) and not turn away bigger offers because the buyer doesn’t fit some strange set of criteria (for example that the buyer is a local good person that won’t try to flip the house in a year).
Old 04-25-2023, 12:14 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
I agree with the building relationships part for sure (and some dealers follow that model too) but you surely will try to make as much money for your clients (and yourself) and not turn away bigger offers because the buyer doesn’t fit some strange set of criteria (for example that the buyer is a local good person that won’t try to flip the house in a year).
I don't understand the comparison between dealerships and RE agents.

RE agents are getting paid on behalf of their client (whether it be RE, sports, movie stars, etc.)... so the RE agent is obligated to do his or her best for the client when advising on a deal.

Dealerships get paid on selling cars, so presumably they will try to maximize their profit, as well. I think what @usctrojanGT3 point is, if you lower the ADM (or cut out the ADM altogether) and sell locally or repeat customer, you could maximize long-term profitability and make the customer happy. Think about how much money PNH makes on USC's trades while also making him happy by selling at MSRP. I don't think anyone over at PNH is saying "OK, let's charge MSRP because we wanna be nice".... no, they charge MSRP to people like USC, knowing they will get a nice trade and some Texas BBQ. Just a different strategy than the cash grab Cali dealers.

How do you get into this game you ask? You do what USC did and make a very favorable (to the dealer) trade one-time and then it's a hand shake deal from there on.
usctrojanGT3 (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd

RE agents are getting paid on behalf of their client (whether it be RE, sports, movie stars, etc.)... so the RE agent is obligated to do his or her best for the client when advising on a deal.

Dealerships get paid on selling cars, so presumably they will try to maximize their profit, as well. I think what @usctrojanGT3 point is, if you lower the ADM (or cut out the ADM altogether) and sell locally or repeat customer, you could maximize long-term profitability and make the customer happy. Think about how much money PNH makes on USC's trades while also making him happy by selling at MSRP. I don't think anyone over at PNH is saying "OK, let's charge MSRP because we wanna be nice".... no, they charge MSRP to people like USC, knowing they will get a nice trade and some Texas BBQ. Just a different strategy than the cash grab Cali dealers.

How do you get into this game you ask? You do what USC did and make a very favorable (to the dealer) trade one-time and then it's a hand shake deal from there on.
You sir nailed it, if I wasn't able to buy GT cars for MSRP I might have bought some other brand as my daily and business vehicles. Because my dealer takes care of me with the GT cars I continue to buy new non-GT cars (Cayennes, Macans, and Taycans) through them. So as I've stated it's a win-win business relationship for both sides. I'll be the first to admit that I am luck that I was able to establish that relationship with my dealer with that 3-car transaction.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:57 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,697 Likes on 5,115 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd

Everything you say is true except the part in bold italics.

usctrojanGT3 is unique, in more ways than one.

There aren't that many customers like him who repeatedly buy/lease Porsches on an annual basis.

A dealership relying on customers of that ilk would be like a hooker only doing guys who pay in Birkin bags.
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (04-25-2023), Diablo Dude (04-25-2023), Peruna (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 02:06 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Everything you say is true except the part in bold italics.

usctrojanGT3 is unique, in more ways than one.

There aren't that many customers like him who repeatedly buy/lease Porsches on an annual basis.

A dealership relying on customers of that ilk would be like a hooker only doing guys who pay in Birkin bags.
that’s what is so frustrating about the anti-adm peeps and their bull****. Their situation is irrelevant to 99% of people, and their advice is actively harmful for folks trying to get into the brand and cars.
Diablo Dude (04-25-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM