Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 09:42 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,772 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Don't let him discourage you from posting on here. I listen to the news and watch informative YouTube videos from car industry folks because I might potentially buy a used Ferrari once it gets to a certain price level so I'm curious what is going on with the market and I too keep seeing "Reduced Price" on AutoTrader and Car Gurus so it's a safe assumption that ALL car prices are heading lower...how much and how fast are the only questions. It's guaranteed that you'll be able to buy a used GT3 for a lower price in 6-12 months than you will today, prices won't plummet but they'll definitely go down. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. That's why I've said that anyone who is patient will be able to buy a GT3 at a lower price.
actually you said msrp in a week 87 weeks ago.

Now I’m discouraged. Time for me to go.
Old 01-14-2023, 09:51 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
apology accepted

yes, used car prices will continue to “reduce” in price, that is nothing new. But the topic is adm and we can’t necessarily correlate adm to used cars as we don’t know what the first or second buyer paid for the car.

so used car prices are just priced according to what the market is currently. It will be two years soon and as of today it’s still a hot market for the gt3.

It’s all dependent on spec. Good ones will hold value better than some of the monstrosities people build.

Add that along with the fact that even if you get an allocation (supposedly very few available) there’s a number options you can’t even get right now.
Understood that this thread is about ADMs. If a dealer is getting lesser ADMs as compared to what it was getting before, do you think that has any effect on how that same dealer will price resale inventory that it is trying to sell?
Old 01-14-2023, 09:59 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Never said that, there's a difference in paying a $100k+ ADM and paying a $25k-50k ADM. Remember how I said the 991.1 GT3RSs were going for $100k-$150k ADMs early on? Well I waited until the end of production and the lowest ADM that I could find was $50k ADM was the lowest one that I could find. I said that the people that pay the BIG ADMs ($100k+) are the ones that are the most impatient and fall for the stealer games/BS or just given a crap.
I don't think there are many folks paying 100k+ ADM on GT3s anymore. Maybe a PTS touring, but even that is a stretch.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:01 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Don't let him discourage you from posting on here. I listen to the news and watch informative YouTube videos from car industry folks because I might potentially buy a used Ferrari once it gets to a certain price level so I'm curious what is going on with the market and I too keep seeing "Reduced Price" on AutoTrader and Car Gurus so it's a safe assumption that ALL car prices are heading lower...how much and how fast are the only questions. It's guaranteed that you'll be able to buy a used GT3 for a lower price in 6-12 months than you will today, prices won't plummet but they'll definitely go down. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. That's why I've said that anyone who is patient will be able to buy a GT3 at a lower price.
Appreciate it. I'm watching that stuff on Youtube as well. I'm also monitoring the market for other cars, and there's a definite slowdown. I agree that the next 6-12 months will be a better time to buy. Dealers are trying to hold onto margin right now, but they will need to turn assets much faster than they currently are. Floor plan financings costs will continue to increase in the near term and only make it more expensive for dealers to hold onto inventory.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 10:02 PM
rusmani
Racer

And just an honest assessment for those shopping for a 992 GT3 (myself included). The chances of you finding one at MSRP or below for this calendar year is very slim, unless it has a ton of miles or not a clean title. It's ok to hope for prices to come down a bit, which is a possibility. But don't expect some wild crash. I think those preaching stuff like that are truly ingenuous and not helping the community.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:15 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,772 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltsfan
Understood that this thread is about ADMs. If a dealer is getting lesser ADMs as compared to what it was getting before, do you think that has any effect on how that same dealer will price resale inventory that it is trying to sell?
For sure but again I believe it’s all based on mileage and spec.

Hypothetically let’s say I trade my car in at sticker today for an allocation for 24 at sticker. I’m guessing the dealer would mark up car at least 20%. 222 sticker touring for sale at let’s say 269. I believe in that situation it would be gone in less than a week.

So yes the asking would be lower than what it was but it’s also a used car they got rid of for a quick 47k maybe with some financing involved that they’ve technically sold twice! Plus they have me locked in to buy another and again trade back again one day.

so they sold me the first car with adm and second car without. And as long as the market is hot when the new one comes then my adm was not only cut in half with the second car but what’s to stop me from selling the second newer car for a profit to get back my orginal adm and some?

I wouldn’t do that as I enjoy driving these cars too much but that’s just one potential scenario.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:14 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
And just an honest assessment for those shopping for a 992 GT3 (myself included). The chances of you finding one at MSRP or below for this calendar year is very slim, unless it has a ton of miles or not a clean title. It's ok to hope for prices to come down a bit, which is a possibility. But don't expect some wild crash. I think those preaching stuff like that are truly ingenuous and not helping the community.
The number of cars for sale has gone down each week the past 4 weeks, and I havent seen a whole lot of 2023s up for sale yet. MSRP would be surprising to see this year.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:26 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Not a GT3 but a Ford GT MK2 just sold for 990k (Seller walking away with 810k) at Mecum. This is supposed to be ford's version of 935, ultra limited track only car only 45 made and msrp of 1.2M. I know track only cars dont do well on resale but this surely depreciated pretty quickly.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-53...-ford-gt-mkii/
Old 01-15-2023, 02:55 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Dealers can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

Old 01-15-2023, 03:45 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
If you were trying to get into one of these cars, for real, then the “msrp only, boycott adm” folks never once gave you good advice. At this point, you’ll have missed an entire generation and be no better off for the next one either
The MSRP only, boycott ADM folks, as you describe them, generally believe prices have been inflated and are still inflated. I appreciate the fact that GT3s may not get to MSRP. It's an in-demand car. I get it. Do you disagree that prices have been inflated?

Why have I missed the 992.1 generation when there are 150+ listed for resale on Autotrader, many of which aren't going to move unless they lower prices? I'm willing to pay a little over MSRP for this car but if it doesn't happen, then I'll move on. When my local SA called me during the height of the bubble and first asked if I was interested in a GT3 at $100k ADM and then later called me again and asked about $125k ADM, I politely laughed and told him thanks, but no thanks. It's a bubble, but yeah, I'll wait. He understood. Are you telling me I should have said yes, otherwise I'd miss this generation? Ridiculous.

Unlike some, I have patience and didn't want to overpay for something. I'd rather invest that wasted ADM money and make more money. Like I've said, it's not the end of the world if I can't get a 992 GT3 at a reasonable price.
The following 2 users liked this post by Boltsfan:
EMdoc (01-16-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 04:09 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

The MSRP only, boycott ADM folks, as you describe them, generally believe prices have been inflated and are still inflated. I appreciate the fact that GT3s may not get to MSRP. It's an in-demand car. I get it. Do you disagree that prices have been inflated?

Why have I missed the 992.1 generation when there are 150+ listed for resale on Autotrader, many of which aren't going to move unless they lower prices? I'm willing to pay a little over MSRP for this car but if it doesn't happen, then I'll move on. When my local SA called me during the height of the bubble and first asked if I was interested in a GT3 at $100k ADM and then later called me again and asked about $125k ADM, I politely laughed and told him thanks, but no thanks. It's a bubble, but yeah, I'll wait. He understood. Are you telling me I should have said yes, otherwise I'd miss this generation? Ridiculous.

Unlike some, I have patience and didn't want to overpay for something. I'd rather invest that wasted ADM money and make more money. Like I've said, it's not the end of the world if I can't get a 992 GT3 at a reasonable price.

Well said. Very essense I have been trying to convey to the adm boys.

No one is missing a generation. Theres a bunch of gt3s for sale. And even if you miss it who the hell cares. 992.1 will be a forgotten generation like 991.1
The following 3 users liked this post by Ascend:
Boltsfan (01-15-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-15-2023), WCGhost (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 04:18 PM
rusmani
Racer

Yeah, I wouldn't pay 100-125k over. That's ridiculous. I think everyone can agree on that.

The grey area is the 25k to 75k over (depending on winged vs touring, miles, spec, etc). Some folks will say MSRP or bust. If so, good for you, but it's probably going to be bust for a loooong time if you want a 992 GT3. Others may say I'm already willing to spend 200k, what's another 25k to get the car I want and start enjoying it. It's a very individual question and everyone has their own opinion, as we have very clearly seen on this thread.

Your posts tell me you don't want to overpay and are willing to wait/look at other options outside of a 992 GT3. Good for you. It's not wrong, just a viewpoint. Unfortunately I've seen family members and close friends get sick and not necessarily live to pursue their dreams out to the fullest. So watching my money grow in a bank/investment portfolio seems less critical than doing what I want to do in life (whether it be buy an expensive car, take a trip, go to an awesome sporting event, etc). You only get one chance at life. Not saying you should spend 100k ADM on a GT3, but spending a few extra bucks to get what you want seems worth it to me.

Anyways, I'm sure someone will quote this and say I'm nuts because I'd pay ADM. I must be a STEALER!!!
Old 01-15-2023, 04:42 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

you’re not getting a new car before production ends. And people following this advice won’t for the 992.2 either. The vast majority of folks coming to the forums are asking about allocations, not autotrader. This is exactly the shell game the MSRP only folks play to distort things. Nobody listening to you guys learned anything constructive for participating in the marque. Quite the opposite.

I didn’t miss the 918 either! It’s on autotrader! ****ing ridiculous

If you told folks “you haven’t spent a few million at your dealership over the years ? Sorry, it’s adm or the used market after waiting several years” that would be coherent. But the boycott adm folks never tell people they’re SOL. Just if they want a little bit longer prices will come down. Folks wait, and then still don’t have a car.

You guys are always wrong, never in doubt
Diablo Dude (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 04:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Well said. Very essense I have been trying to convey to the adm boys.

No one is missing a generation. Theres a bunch of gt3s for sale. And even if you miss it who the hell cares. 992.1 will be a forgotten generation like 991.1
Especially when the next new shiny toy (aka 992.2 GT3) comes out.
Ascend (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 04:52 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
you’re not getting a new car before production ends. And people following this advice won’t for the 992.2 either. The vast majority of folks coming to the forums are asking about allocations, not autotrader. This is exactly the shell game the MSRP only folks play to distort things. Nobody listening to you guys learned anything constructive for participating in the marque. Quite the opposite.

I didn’t miss the 918 either! It’s on autotrader! ****ing ridiculous

If you told folks “you haven’t spent a few million at your dealership over the years ? Sorry, it’s adm or the used market after waiting several years” that would be coherent. But the boycott adm folks never tell people they’re SOL. Just if they want a little bit longer prices will come down. Folks wait, and then still don’t have a car.

You guys are always wrong, never in doubt
Yeah sure, if you want to spend excess amount of money so you can build your own car. Go for it! But for me, its better to wait for the price to tank and grab one. Its not like an average RLer is Leonardo DaVinci making some masterpiece pts + ccx gt3. In the end, its all run of mill gt3 with lwbs manual and fals + some weird cxx which is literally throwing money into fire.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ascend:
Boltsfan (01-15-2023), WCGhost (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM