Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023 | 04:42 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
If one keeps saying it, at some point it's going to be true.

Yes, I think we can all agree that prices will eventually stabliize and reach parity with MSRP, but the question is when.

When this thread was started nearly 2 years ago, people were saying MSRP within 6 months. We are now way past 6 months and here we are still talking about getting to MSRP, and not at MSRP.

It's like lottery numbers. Keep playing and I suppose at some point, you're going to win.
…or not!!
Old 01-18-2023 | 04:51 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Yes, I think we can all agree that prices will eventually stabliize and reach parity with MSRP, but the question is when.

When this thread was started nearly 2 years ago, people were saying MSRP within 6 months. We are now way past 6 months and here we are still talking about getting to MSRP, and not at MSRP.

It's like lottery numbers. Keep playing and I suppose at some point, you're going to win.
Mixing metaphors:

Stimulus gave life support to economy, and the economy kept going on momentum after withdrawing the life support and even hitting some brakes (raising interest rates), but some of the prosperity is a mirage because prices of things like cars and real estate and even stocks have been propped up by inflation, so those downward trends are worse when adjusted for inflation.

I think the momentum will fade in the coming year and the effect of higher interest rates will continue to propagate through the system, so we’ll see clearer economic downturn and price declines for these GT cars will follow. I don’t believe these GT cars are rare or unique or special enough that their prices will remain forever elevated. Great cars yes, but not collectibles.
Old 01-18-2023 | 04:54 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Manifold
Mixing metaphors:

Stimulus gave life support to economy, and the economy kept going on momentum after withdrawing the life support and even hitting some brakes (raising interest rates), but some of the prosperity is a mirage because prices of things like cars and real estate and even stocks have been propped up by inflation, so those downward trends are worse when adjusted for inflation.

I think the momentum will fade in the coming year and the effect of higher interest rates will continue to propagate through the system, so we’ll see clearer economic downturn and price declines for these GT cars will follow. I don’t believe these GT cars are rare or unique or special enough that their prices will remain forever elevated. Great cars yes, but not collectibles.
if you got a gt3 at a price you want, would you still spend all day posting on RL?
Old 01-18-2023 | 04:59 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
if you got a gt3 at a price you want, would you still spend all day posting on RL?
This thread is the main one I post in, so it doesn’t take much time. And I don’t follow any other car forums. And anyway, don’t be jealous that I have way more free time than you.
Old 01-18-2023 | 05:42 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Some asset classes are more stubborn to decline in price than others. The headwinds have grown in the past 6+ months (and only increasing as we move forward) and GT3/GT3RS cars aren't some special unicorns that will buck the trend forever. When will GT3s hit MSRP? I dunno, maybe late this year or maybe in 2024 but what I do know is that prices aren't going to go up from here.
Old 01-18-2023 | 05:48 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Some asset classes are more stubborn to decline in price than others. The headwinds have grown in the past 6+ months (and only increasing as we move forward) and GT3/GT3RS cars aren't some special unicorns that will buck the trend forever. When will GT3s hit MSRP? I dunno, maybe late this year or maybe in 2024 but what I do know is that prices aren't going to go up from here.

Stocks are the most liquid and the first one to drop when economy goes bad

Second is Real estate

Then luxury goods like cars and watches. They are sticky on the way down but they do drop although it will be delayed compared to stocks and liquid assets.

Old 01-18-2023 | 05:52 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

The funny thing is that most of these folks on the sidelines waiting for prices to get at/near MSRP don’t realize that when that happens the stock market would be at a 5 year low, high unemployment, even higher cost of $$, and the new GT3 will be on the horizon.

So, yes prices might be lower, but the opportunity cost of $200k and / or the total cost of ownership will push folks to continue to sit it out.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 06:57 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

I am going to do my part today for depreciation....Gonna drive m Speedster AND 992 GT3, and help lower values for ALL....

Guys, give it a rest: if you have a car, go out and enjoy/drive it.....If you don't, then bid and/or buy one when you can afford it, when YOU are comfortable with the prices....ADM or not....
Prices cannot be controlled by posting on RL.....
The following 4 users liked this post by RUF RS:
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023), maroli (01-19-2023), Todd.Dang3r (01-25-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 07:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
This thread is the main one I post in, so it doesn’t take much time. And I don’t follow any other car forums. And anyway, don’t be jealous that I have way more free time than you.
I just can't stop posting, RL is addicting.
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:04 PM
rusmani
Rennlist Member

I don't know about you all, but I'd rather pay 50k over MSRP for a GT3 than see my 401k tank so I can get the car at MSRP. If you suggest otherwise, you probably shouldn't be buying a GT3...
The following 3 users liked this post by rusmani:
AlexCeres (01-18-2023), Diablo Dude (01-18-2023), MSRPhunter227 (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:08 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Sure, you can slice and dice this however you want to make your point, but if you aggregate over the three years by regrouping the coupe, convertible, turbo and GT cars, you will see a completely different picture. I am also sure that margins on the different models is going to lead Porsche to make more or less of the different ones… but this is now even more prominent on the 992 because the front suspension is no longer shared with other non-GT 992.
Anyhow, I still stand by my point: price and value are two different metrics. One is an objective one, the latter is mostly based on one’s opinion… and thus, they can not be reconciled while achieving consensus.

Not sure I understand the relevance of the c2s being (your word) RARE. Just sounds like the word should be no one wants one, hence lower production numbers. It is like a local dealer here in PA who always seems to offer the 1 of 4 seafoam green Cayman, calling it rare. No Sh&%. No one wants a seafoam green Cayman

Anyhow, obviously buyers want the gt3 more than a c2s, so Porsche will build what the people want....when they can finally get their act together and build more cars! How is it possible we are still living in a market where Bose can't get amplifiers and Porsche can't give you carbon ceramic brakes. Seems inane, doesn't it?!!

USCTrojan, you mentioned buying a Pista or Speciale. You are seriously ready to buy a car that, once you actually drive, the value plummets? Buying at MSRP is one (all of mine have been MSRP because of my dealer relationship), but the problem with Ferrari has always been the market perception when the damn car hits 10k miles. Just mentioning this because this is why I finally got tired of the Ferrari game....
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:24 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rusmani
I don't know about you all, but I'd rather pay 50k over MSRP for a GT3 than see my 401k tank so I can get the car at MSRP. If you suggest otherwise, you probably shouldn't be buying a GT3...
LOL
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:50 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I just can't stop posting, RL is addicting.
RE agents have loads of free time these days I hear LOL
The following 3 users liked this post by DodoBrd:
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023), kkabba (01-18-2023), shrimp money (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:51 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Yesss… somebody gets it

Some ppl are penny wise dollar dumb
The following 4 users liked this post by DodoBrd:
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023), Jbravo23 (01-18-2023), rusmani (01-18-2023), wisky (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:54 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Except now is when I already lost a chunk from my stock holdings yet still have to pay adm lol

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM