Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 11:22 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,400 Likes on 1,308 Posts

I saw this VIN Wiki video on YouTube. Haven’t gone through to watch it yet, but might have something in it.

The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 11:47 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
I saw this VIN Wiki video on YouTube. Haven’t gone through to watch it yet, but might have something in it.

https://youtu.be/-mIy2Owyf_I
to sum it up…

instead of paying a direct ADM, buy **** you don’t want and pay an indirect ADM
Old 01-05-2023, 12:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
to sum it up…

instead of paying a direct ADM, buy **** you don’t want and pay an indirect ADM
Not necessarily, I need a daily driver and a business vehicle so I've bought Macans, Cayennes, and now a Taycan from my dealer and once I rake up enough miles on them I buy new ones 12-18 months later and trade what I bought from them back in. The video basically nailed how to establish a good relationship with a dealer that sells GT cars for MSRP to their good customers. But if you have no interest in buying any other cars than GT cars then yes you'll need to buy cars that you don't want and/or need.
Freddie Two Bs (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:21 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

It does seem that you need to either be a repeat customer or pay ADM. No way around that unless the economy tanks and dealers have to sell the cars at generally lower prices. That could happen this year or next year, but my guess is that mild recession is more likely than severe recession.

I have a feeling that a lot of guys who bought RS cars for the road are going to find them unpleasant for the road and put them up for sale, which will change the market dynamics.

Last edited by Manifold; 01-05-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:58 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not necessarily, I need a daily driver and a business vehicle so I've bought Macans, Cayennes, and now a Taycan from my dealer and once I rake up enough miles on them I buy new ones 12-18 months later and trade what I bought from them back in. The video basically nailed how to establish a good relationship with a dealer that sells GT cars for MSRP to their good customers. But if you have no interest in buying any other cars than GT cars then yes you'll need to buy cars that you don't want and/or need.
they give you below market value for all of your trades which is your indirect ADM. It’s great if you actually want the ‘normal’ Porsches, but they are making money off of you in order to give you GT cars at MSRP. Your dealer in Houston also charges direct ADM to customers without relationship, so they do both modes of business. Just calling a spade a spade, not saying either way is bad.

The only other way I know of to get MSRP is to be willing to wait a very long time for your name to be called at a dealer that actually honors their list (not many do).
WCGhost (01-06-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 02:00 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,400 Likes on 1,308 Posts

I understand that dealers want customers that they can build a long standing relationship with and buying other stuff they have proves that to them. However, I wouldn’t buy something I have no desire or need whatsoever in order to get the thing I’m really after. Know people who have bought cars they didn’t want because their salesman said it would improve their chances of getting an allocation for a GT car which in the end they weren’t given. Was a s***ty sales tactic to move inventory they were having a hard time selling to desperate people. Would need a written agreement guaranteeing an allocation from the dealer if I were to go through with this which I wouldn’t.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:25 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,698 Likes on 5,115 Posts

I understand that dealers want customers that they can build a long standing relationship with and buying other stuff they have proves that to them. However, I wouldn’t buy something I have no desire or need whatsoever in order to get the thing I’m really after. Know people who have bought cars they didn’t want because their salesman said it would improve their chances of getting an allocation for a GT car which in the end they weren’t given. Was a s***ty sales tactic to move inventory they were having a hard time selling to desperate people. Would need a written agreement guaranteeing an allocation from the dealer if I were to go through with this which I wouldn’t.
Yeah, would rather just pay a direct ADM and be done with it.

I mean, if I just wanted sex, not sure I would go and wine and dine a girl, buy her flowers, and make nice with the parents just in the hopes of getting her in between the sheets.

If it was an option, I would just rather use the money on food, alcohol and flowers and just pay her for sex.

So much simpler. And quicker (the wait, not the sex).
Old 01-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

I mean, if I just wanted sex, not sure I would go and wine and dine a girl, buy her flowers, and make nice with the parents just in the hopes of getting her in between the sheets.

If it was an option, I would just rather use the money on food, alcohol and flowers and just pay her for sex.

The kind of girl who will have sex with you in direct exchange for money might not be the kind of girl you want to have sex with. When I was a teen, I spent some time in strip joints and was propositioned by a hooker. Yuk.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:48 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,698 Likes on 5,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
The kind of girl who will have sex with you in direct exchange for money might not be the kind of girl you want to have sex with. When I was a teen, I spent some time in strip joints and was propositioned by a hooker. Yuk.
Was it because the hooker rode too rough on regular roads?
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
GenHaz (01-07-2023), nima639 (01-06-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 04:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
they give you below market value for all of your trades which is your indirect ADM. It’s great if you actually want the ‘normal’ Porsches, but they are making money off of you in order to give you GT cars at MSRP. Your dealer in Houston also charges direct ADM to customers without relationship, so they do both modes of business. Just calling a spade a spade, not saying either way is bad.

The only other way I know of to get MSRP is to be willing to wait a very long time for your name to be called at a dealer that actually honors their list (not many do).
I don't think there are more than a handful of dealers who honors waiting lists and sell at MSRP anymore. My dealer is actually pretty fair with their trade in prices on both the non-GT cars and the GT cars. In April 2022, I traded in a 2021 Macan GTS with 34k miles and got $12k below MSRP (I do lower specs on non-GT cars) and plus got MSRP for both my 718 GT4 which they sold for $21k over MSRP and my 991.2 GT3RS which they sold for $28k over MSRP (both bought at MSRP). No way I would have gotten $21k over MSRP for the GT4 (maybe $13k to $15k over) $28k over for my GT3RS (maybe $18k to $20k over). Of course I'm not going to get retail pricing for any of the cars that I trade back to them but that's fine with me as I get to write off any losses on my business vehicles against my business income. So do I pay a small indirect ADM? Sure I guess you can say that but not having to worry about whether I'll get a GT allocation at MSRP is well worth it for me.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I agree that is a sh1tty tactic that some sales use because they have a desperate buyer. I happen to like driving Cayennes, Macans, and Taycans as my daily and business vehicles so it kind of works out for me. I probably would have bought those cars even if I wasn't interested in GT cars because they are cars that I like in their categories. Buying a regular Cayman or 911 would be a total waste for me because I have no desire or need for those cars.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Sometimes earning a relationship (with a dealer or woman) is worth it in the long run versus paying up to get instant gratification where you'll feel dirty afterwards. haha
Old 01-05-2023, 05:47 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Was it because the hooker rode too rough on regular roads?
Let's just say that real hookers don't look like the average hooker in the movies.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:52 PM
drzaius
6th Gear

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of these posts are for GT3s, but if anyone is curious about the GTS, the dealers I have spoken to over the last year consistently ask for between 25k and 35k over MSRP here in Southern California.
I feel lucky to have 15k over on an allocation, car being built next week. Though it took me a year and a fair amount of relationship-building with the salesman as this is my first new P car. Though I am sure always showing up to the dealership in my meticulously-maintained midnight blue metallic 997 C2S added credibility.
The following 3 users liked this post by drzaius:
joejenie (01-05-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-05-2023), welikethetrack (01-06-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Sometimes earning a relationship (with a dealer or woman) is worth it in the long run versus paying up to get instant gratification where you'll feel dirty afterwards. haha
You nailed it. Most can't see past the instant gratification which is ok nothing wrong with that. With a relationship that wait list is a short list and you pay 0 or very little overs
It's all about the long game and the right dealer (Yes i know some dealers are dishonest and will sell their child for profit but there are some that will honor a deal from a serious buyer). Right after the VIP guys the next up are loyal customers and bonus if local. if dealer had to sell to unknown buyer far away huge ADM vs a buyer that brings in more business via trade/service/buys other cars = ADM especially a local buyer the local buyer should win that race if the dealer has any common sense. When business is slow the big ADM guy will not be there.

Last edited by Engro; 01-05-2023 at 06:21 PM.
usctrojanGT3 (01-05-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM