Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 03:55 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by JWMIA
Friend of mine is a GM at a dealership in another state and reached out to me a few weeks ago offering me a touring allocation (no PTS) with a maximum 50K ADM (could be less if market conditions deteriorate in the next 3-4 months when the car arrives). Told me I don't have to put a deposit up and to submit my build, and no hard feelings if I don't wind up taking it when it arrives. The day after my build locked the price increase was announced. Received confirmation that my allocation is not subject to the price increase so now I am tempted to take the car, especially if the ADM goes down. However, I really want PTS and now have to decide if it is worth sacrificing PTS (no guarantee I will get a PTS allocation at a later date) for a sure thing. Is a 50K ADM based on the old MSRP a good deal for a non PTS touring in the current environment?
take the car. Buy a wrap.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:21 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Friend of mine is a GM at a dealership in another state and reached out to me a few weeks ago offering me a touring allocation (no PTS) with a maximum 50K ADM (could be less if market conditions deteriorate in the next 3-4 months when the car arrives). Told me I don't have to put a deposit up and to submit my build, and no hard feelings if I don't wind up taking it when it arrives. The day after my build locked the price increase was announced. Received confirmation that my allocation is not subject to the price increase so now I am tempted to take the car, especially if the ADM goes down. However, I really want PTS and now have to decide if it is worth sacrificing PTS (no guarantee I will get a PTS allocation at a later date) for a sure thing. Is a 50K ADM based on the old MSRP a good deal for a non PTS touring in the current environment?
There doesn’t seem to be any downside to taking it now, since you can decide later not to take it without paying any penalty.
The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (04-07-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 09:15 AM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:10 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Is a 50K ADM based on the old MSRP a good deal for a non PTS touring in the current environment?
Absolutely.
This is a "no-brainer" to me.

You get to spec the build that you want on a car that is seeing production wind down.
The PTS "window" was closed on my build slot last September so I went with Agate Grey Metallic and really couldnt be happier.

Look at it this way, you just saved yourself the $13,000 MY 24 price increase AND another $14,750 for PTS
That's $27,750

The car is absolutely PHENOMENAL!
Buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-06-2023 at 12:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-08-2023), Peruna (04-06-2023), RUF RS (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Absolutely.
This is a "no-brainer" to me.

You get to spec the build that you want on a car that is seeing production wind down.
The PTS "window" was closed on my build slot last September so I went with Agate Grey Metallic and really couldnt be happier.

Look at it this way, you just saved yourself the $13,000 MY 24 price increase AND another $14,750 for PTS
That's $27,750

The car is absolutely PHENOMENAL!
Buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it.
LOL, it's a "no brainer" like your thought on the economy being fine and that there won't be a recession? The "current [macro] environment" isn't great and will get worse. Oh yeah, like you say, "What is obvious, is obviously wrong." Okay...still don't know what that means ...

OP, go ahead and buy it if potentially losing some/all of the ADM doesn't matter. I don't pass judgment on people who pay ADMs as it's a personal decision, despite what some may say about me, but do it with your eyes wide open as to what's going on with the economy.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Yawn.
Looks like someone that is bitter got "triggered" again.

"I dont pass judgement on those that pay ADM's . . . but blah, blah, blah, blah ... because I actually do pass judgement on how OTHERS spend their money."

Sad really.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-06-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yawn.
Looks like someone got "triggered" again.

Wow, you really don't get it, do you?? Look at what's happening. Layoffs have spread beyond Tech, real estate, etc. to jobs in other industries. The jobs data coming out now show weakness. White collar jobs are now being affected - investment bankers' bonuses are 30-50% lower than last year (for the survivors of the layoffs), law firms laying off, McDonalds corporate jobs cut, and on and on. In your backyard, Big Tech continues to shed jobs. Credit markets are tightening even more as the regional banks are in survival mode and not lending, which will lead to further contraction.

You conveniently ignore what the bond markets have been saying for a while now, which for a self-professed "experienced" trader is very perplexing. Not every instance of an inverted yield curve means there will be a recession, but it's a significant reliable indicator.

** Haha, you got me again - editing your post while I'm typing mine. No, I don't pass judgment. Like I've said before, I understand why you paid yours. The OP asked about the "current environment." I would think any rationale person would want to consider the broader economy and how things might go to **** (or, probably unlikely, not...).

Last edited by Boltsfan; 04-06-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:55 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

In the end, it’s a person decision whether to buy a particular car and what to pay for it. Desirability of a car is ultimately subjective and people’s circumstances vary widely financially and otherwise.

What’s going to happen with the economy and car prices is objective, but it’s also uncertain and all opinions expressed in this thread should be treated as speculative, no matter how confidently they’re expressed.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:10 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
In the end, it’s a person decision whether to buy a particular car and what to pay for it. Desirability of a car is ultimately subjective and people’s circumstances vary widely financially and otherwise.

What’s going to happen with the economy and car prices is objective, but it’s also uncertain and all opinions expressed in this thread should be treated as speculative, no matter how confidently they’re expressed.
is it necessary to always say the most obvious things?
Old 04-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
is it necessary to always say the most obvious things?
He's done that 200X here since last December.
Captan Obvious.

RUF RS (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 02:12 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Boltsfan
Wow, you really don't get it, do you?? .
What I get is that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Porsche GT cars, let alone the markets.

With all of the "obvious" bad news that you recite the S&P is still at 4100 and the NDX recently traded 13,200 this week.
When I posted a chart of the NDX two weeks ago, you dismissed it and laughed at the UPTREND that it was in. I hope you dont trade the financial markets because you'd be horrible at it.
Even more importantly ADM's are still robust for the few GT allocations left. Roughly 2,900 992 GT3's were built for the U.S. during this production cycle. For most, this car is not viewed as a mass-produced sports car, especially with the ICE on "Death Row".

I've noticed that people repeatedly touting your narrative are terribly myopic. You enjoy talking about how bad things are in the economy and the lack of demand for a Porsche GT car. And yet, there is never any recognition of the "limited" supply of these vehicles. Again, ADM's continue to be fairly robust. But for some reason you never ask yourself why that is in April of 2023.

Most people that I know that are Porsche owners have daily equity swings in their brokerage account of > $50,000 that they dont even bat an eye at.
I think you'd be surprised what the average liquid net worth of a Porsche GT owner is.

It's literally comical to think that the demographics of the potential Porsche customer that is most interested in purchasing this car are "reaching" for it.
The ADM's at this point of the severely limited production cycle are not a barrier to buying this car for the people that it was designed to attract.
The fact that we are still seeing $50,000 to $70,000 ADM's should tell you that.
Porsche just increased the base MSRP by $13,000 did they not?

There are plenty of tech workers out there with jobs and stock-options that are still deep in the money for a car that is near the end of its production cycle.

You sound terribly bitter given your repeated narrative here. Why you continue to "care" about how much OTHER people pay for a GT car is pretty strange.
Everyone here can clearly see that.

You dont sound very happy.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-06-2023 at 02:31 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-08-2023), cadster (04-07-2023), FirstPorscheGT3 (04-06-2023), Randy M (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 02:50 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,405 Posts

All the doom and gloom guys are wrong until they're right, then act like they were right all along, after multiple years of "calling it"
The following 4 users liked this post by PTS:
Diablo Dude (04-06-2023), Jbravo23 (04-06-2023), Randy M (04-06-2023), zairegp (04-07-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 03:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,968 Likes on 5,216 Posts

What I would for a true functioning futures market for Porsche GT cars.

Then we would know whose willing to put their money where their mouth is, and who exactly is right.
Robb M. (04-07-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 03:42 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
What I would for a true functioning futures market for Porsche GT cars.

Then we would know whose willing to put their money where their mouth is, and who exactly is right.
This is actually a fantastic idea. One could buy a GT3 and short the futures as a hedge against the market.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:58 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 725 Posts

Two years later…….

Nothings changed

The following 3 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
ADMfighter63 (04-06-2023), mrjbb7 (04-07-2023), PTS (04-07-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM