Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 02:05 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
HAHA not just sticker! I got offered 30k OFF a brand new 2018 red GT3 there (176k sticker, PCCB, manual, buckets) that had sat for 10 months around mid to late 2019.

These guys are lost right now, I am assuming you're referring to the black touring. I spoke with them a little while ago seeing if they would get me a gt3rs or gt4rs for anything remotely reasonable and they couldn't to no surprise there. But, the feeling I got there is if you dropped 50k on their desk and said gimme...they'd probably bite. Once they told me 75k over was the ask, another time they said 100k.

But yeah, that thing has been sitting a very long time and they somehow haven't found 1 sucker. They are blatant liars there now and their service shop should be arrested for robbery with the quotes they give.
I recall you mentioning this. What I find interesting is that many cars have sat close to this amount of time, and there is even one that has sat since Jan 14th, but they are not moving on price. Interest rates are much higher, but they also do not have much inventory overall at all. I was really shocked at this salesmans claims that they are selling everything at $125-$150K over and selling it immediately, and attitude was horrible.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:58 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I suppose you’re right. Staying at a Motel 6 is the same experience you’d get at a Ritz-Carlton. A pillow and a bed.
Not a valid analogy. For under $100k and street use, there are lots of cars to choose from which are very fast, good handling, sound good, etc. That includes a lot of used Porsches. When you spend on $300k on the latest GT3, you're getting a car which is much too fast to be usable on the road, and not necessarily more fun. Track is a different matter, but it takes an experienced driver to fully exploit a very fast track car.
The following users liked this post:
Engro (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 10:47 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Not a valid analogy. For under $100k and street use, there are lots of cars to choose from which are very fast, good handling, sound good, etc. That includes a lot of used Porsches. When you spend on $300k on the latest GT3, you're getting a car which is much too fast to be usable on the road, and not necessarily more fun. Track is a different matter, but it takes an experienced driver to fully exploit a very fast track car.
if you do indeed get an F82 M4, consider the titanium M Exhaust. It makes the sound go from lawn mower to very nice.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:12 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Speedster
So they manufacture a used car...

That should make them a Stealer (to normal folks) in your "high toned and oft verbalized" ranting about Stealers?.... but you can rationalize anything, at any time!
And explain to me how "they manufacture a used car" because they have never asked me to sell my any of the cars that I bought new from back to them shortly after the purchase? Do they have a few clients that want to flip the cars after they bought them? Of course, the ones the sell back the cars to the dealer continue to be in good standing and the ones that flip them otherwise get blacklisted.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
And explain to me how "they manufacture a used car" because they have never asked me to sell my any of the cars that I bought new from back to them shortly after the purchase? Do they have a few clients that want to flip the cars after they bought them? Of course, the ones the sell back the cars to the dealer continue to be in good standing and the ones that flip them otherwise get blacklisted.
The whole thing is a bit of a racket, but the driver of this problem is that demand is exceeding supply, and Porsche seems to be unwilling to increase supply to meet what may be a temporary increase in demand. I predict that demand will drop over the next 6-12 months as the remainder of the 'free money' gets used up or evaporates.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:38 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,698 Likes on 5,115 Posts

They're really one and the same.

Two sides of the same coin.
Old 12-11-2022, 03:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
They're really one and the same.

Two sides of the same coin.
That's on them, I don't buy cars to flip and have never been asked by my dealer to sell them the car early....I buy cars to drive and trade them in when I'm done with them and want a new GT car allocation. Last 2 cars I traded back to my dealer had 5k and 7k miles on the clock so I did it wrong, oh well.
AtTheGlen (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 04:14 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

This is how you manufacture a used car; the same technique Ferrari dealers use. The question is why PNH would bother with such stratagems given PCNA has zero issue with ADM.

A used car 2 weeks after you sold it new, but for a markup of more than $150k.

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 12-11-2022 at 04:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcsmcs1:
Chonson (12-17-2022), Diablo Dude (12-12-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 04:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
This is how you manufacture a used car; the same technique Ferrari dealers use. The question is why PNH would bother with such stratagems given PCNA has zero issue with ADM.
Because it allows them to advertise themselves as a "no markup dealer" or as some like to say "a good guy dealer" and even have people on RL spread that gospel.

The Emperor has no clothes.
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Chonson (12-17-2022), Diablo Dude (12-12-2022), mcsmcs1 (12-11-2022), raymort (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 04:35 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Because it allows them to advertise themselves as a "no markup dealer" or as some like to say "a good guy dealer" and even have people on RL spread that gospel.

There is more than one way to skin the cat…PNH has some believing they are the benevolent GT gods. Alas, they like $$ just like other dealers.

I have no issues with capitalism. If they can get the money and have some believe they are better than other dealers, great on them.
Chonson (12-17-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 04:42 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Just a fun little tidbit. Buddy of mine is looking for a Golf R, can't find one at sticker. ADM of 5-15k across the board and they are selling quick at those prices. If a mass produced VW is still commanding 25% markups, I don't see how a luxury brand like Porsche will suddenly be at or below MSRP on their most rare/desirable models. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
Diablo Dude (12-12-2022), Freddie Two Bs (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 05:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raymort
There is more than one way to skin the cat…PNH has some believing they are the benevolent GT gods. Alas, they like $$ just like other dealers.

I have no issues with capitalism. If they can get the money and have some believe they are better than other dealers, great on them.
I can't speak for anyone else or what others have experienced with PNH but all I know is that they sell their new GT cars for MSRP only to good repeat customers. They take care of me and I take care of them (i.e. trading back cars, getting financing sometimes, and/or getting clear bra through them) so that's all I care about. I don't have to stress about whether I'll get a GT allocation at MSRP or not, it's just a matter of when I get it. Piece of mind is priceless that way for me.
Old 12-11-2022, 05:20 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Dealers will only charge what someone is willing to pay, and many of you are in business and will/would do the same. I will not pay it, but will not fault someone for trying to catch a great white.

Last edited by Maverick787; 12-11-2022 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 06:43 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raymort

Neither do I.

In fact, I swear by it.

But I do have a problem with cozenage.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:01 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 844 Likes on 442 Posts

lets get back to actual adm discussion. who has recent data point?
WCGhost (12-13-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM