Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 05:42 PM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
Sorry but if you’re going to say things like this you need to back it up with some sources or something. Many people on here (including myself) have experienced that dealers really only know about 3 months out what allocations they have and could get (for example they have no clue what they will get early next year). And right now it sounds like it’s even more uncertain because of all the production issues - I think dealers in this respect are just as frustrated as we are when it comes to that because it makes their business so uncertain - in the past I’m sure they could reasonably estimate how many allocations of each car they will get but that seems to be completely out of the window right now…

You now have said twice that the 992 GT3 “is done” which sure I guess is possible but that is counter to every generation before so where are you getting this from? Why do you think there won’t be a 992.2 GT3?

You said it already. Allocations are available three months out. The last 2019 991.2 for North America was built in February/March 2019. Dealers should know how many more are coming by now if the last 992.1 gt3 is indeed built in the first quarter of 2023. Porsche usually tapers off the production in last year.

Dealers may not have the exact figure but they should have an idea by now. Doesn’t hurt to ask again and see what they say.

I wasn’t referencing the 992.2 at all.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:19 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 680 Likes on 371 Posts

I think given the first fact

1) a shi* ton of orders are just flippers, not actually wanting the gt3’s so those will sit, demand is artificial relative to supply, 126 2022 Gt3 for sale

2) They’re pumping out yet another round of thousands and thousand of a GT cars and the old ones are still there…

means prices are about to get absolutely clobbbbbered. And I’m totally cool with my car getting reamed on resale price. It’s insane to think your car is going to hold value given the glut of GT cars coming to market and half the buyers probably only buying because of “resale” and “value”…the second that ship sails there’s no bottom
The following users liked this post:
pookiemalibu (08-21-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 08:38 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
means prices are about to get absolutely clobbbbbered. And I’m totally cool with my car getting reamed on resale price.
Same. I hope the market tanks so folks start driving these things and the speculative market dies so enthusiants who want to enjoy the car gets a chance. That's the whole point of these GT cars. They aren't price out of the stratosphere at MSRP for car folks. My guess is Porsche actually likes this brand exclusivity thing that's happening. They have all the power to fix it. A la Nike and sneakers. This current situation is bonkers.
The following 2 users liked this post by michaeldorian:
maroli (08-22-2022), pookiemalibu (08-21-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 10:09 PM
pookiemalibu
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
Same. I hope the market tanks so folks start driving these things and the speculative market dies so enthusiants who want to enjoy the car gets a chance. That's the whole point of these GT cars. They aren't price out of the stratosphere at MSRP for car folks. My guess is Porsche actually likes this brand exclusivity thing that's happening. They have all the power to fix it. A la Nike and sneakers. This current situation is bonkers.
I'm not an enthusiast, but I hope to be. I'm not disgustingly rich. I don't have [access to] a/my trust fund [yet -- and even if/when i do it'll be generation skipping -- thanks mom!] It's a just beautiful car that you can drive as a daily or track the sh*t out of. Honestly, is it sort of an investment? Sure. Reading threads around here and seeing resales on prior models, it's not an "unworthwhile" endeavor of financial folly. Absent wrecking the damn thing you've got an asset that you can get rid of in a pinch. There's probably 50 people on RL who would jump on a pristine one that someone needed to offload in a fire sale. I feel you with Nike. Not sure how deep you are into sneakerhead culture, but I hate the whole thing. I'll gladly sit in a GT3 line for 18-24 months before I'll ever sit on the LV website for hours waiting for the opportunity to buy a pair of Virgil Abloh AF1s.

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I think given the first fact

1) a shi* ton of orders are just flippers, not actually wanting the gt3’s so those will sit, demand is artificial relative to supply, 126 2022 Gt3 for sale...means prices are about to get absolutely clobbbbbered. And I’m totally cool with my car getting reamed on resale price. It’s insane to think your car is going to hold value given the glut of GT cars coming to market and half the buyers probably only buying because of “resale” and “value”…the second that ship sails there’s no bottom
First, jealous you got an allocation. Mind sharing your allocation/build/buying experience? I hope the flippers die of a rare painful form of cancer. That sort of conspicuous consumption annoys me to no end, but is it fair to say a lot of the flippers are top tier Porsche customers who buy lots and lots of cars so the dealer(s) feel obliged to playcate them? Like flippers aren't Emirati princes and oligarchs kids living in Beverly Hills is it?

I do get the feeling that Porsche recognizes, to an extent, that their continued success is predicated upon a new buyer base. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but the sense I got was that it's hard, but no impossible to get an allocation, albeit with an ADM, if you're patient. The huge ADM's seem to be a function of market forces (and a bit of greed) more than pure unadulterated greed. Prices will go down. Give it time. Trust the process.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:57 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I received an email from a Porsche SA that has become a friend and who I have bought a GT4 and a GTS Boxster and he provided some insight into ADM on new cars.

this is what he emailed me, “We’ve slowed down but only slightly. We’ve been moving our ADM’s down over time on the cars that are still at the store, with some even going $10k or lower which hasn’t happened in a long time.

Yes the next few months will be interesting and I hope the new car pricing comes down even further as that will be good for me and my network of clients who want new cars but don’t want to pay the big markups.”

he also told me they are only charging an ADM on cars on the floor while allocations are all priced at MSRP.

Makes sense to try and get a premium from customers that don’t have the patience to wait on a car from the factory to their own design.

This is good news for the salesman and for real customers that are Porsche fan.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:02 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I should have mentioned this SA works for a largge dealer in Southern California so if this dealer is eliminating ADM’s on most allocations it would seem likely smaller dealers in less populated areas might even start discounting orders like they were pre- pandemic.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:29 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I should have mentioned this SA works for a largge dealer in Southern California so if this dealer is eliminating ADM’s on most allocations it would seem likely smaller dealers in less populated areas might even start discounting orders like they were pre- pandemic.
This all makes sense for Cayennes, Macans, some 911s etc but I highly doubt you’re getting a GT3/GT3T allocation with only a 10k adm any time soon… happy to be wrong on this obviously but I just don’t see it in the next 12 to 18 months.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:09 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

He also said they have all their gt3 models either allocated or the few they have that were ordered for the store will get sold to the highest bidder. Obviously the GT3 and GT3-RS and the GT4-RS are unique. He did not know how they were going to offer the GT3-RS and what they will ask for them. He seemed to say that his shop will likely just auction them off and let the market set the price. Which seems like the logical way to offer any model in demand. I am surprised all dealers don’t just use the auction allocation method on all their available allocations.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:11 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
He also said they have all their gt3 models either allocated or the few they have that were ordered for the store will get sold to the highest bidder. Obviously the GT3 and GT3-RS and the GT4-RS are unique. He did not know how they were going to offer the GT3-RS and what they will ask for them. He seemed to say that his shop will likely just auction them off and let the market set the price. Which seems like the logical way to offer any model in demand. I am surprised all dealers don’t just use the auction allocation method on all their available allocations.
They don't auction because that is one of the few things Porsche NA will slap them down for. A dealer tried to sell a new GT3 on Ebay and Porsche NA forced them to take it down IIRC.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:28 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,010 Posts

The following 6 users liked this post by Maverick787:
-eztrader- (08-24-2022), Azzurri GT3 (08-23-2022), fijibubba (08-25-2022), Freddie Two Bs (08-23-2022), michaeldorian (08-23-2022), ToasterThief (08-23-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-23-2022, 05:18 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish
They don't auction because that is one of the few things Porsche NA will slap them down for. A dealer tried to sell a new GT3 on Ebay and Porsche NA forced them to take it down IIRC.
I don't think he meant an auction site.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:16 PM
Stephenkow
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will these mark ups ever go away????
Old 08-23-2022, 10:19 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenkow
Will these mark ups ever go away????
No
Old 08-24-2022, 12:55 AM
SOLGW_Mike
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anthonydokic1
Who is planning to order a gt3rs?
Ill supposedly have the first allocation available at my dealer in central Texas.
I put $10k down and agreed to $125k over sticker. I sent my build code in the first day the configurator let me and the dealership confirmed they received it.
Sticker on the car with the options i picked was $291k.
I'm not stoked about it, but I do love the car.
I have a 2023 Turbo S coming coming with an October delivery date from a different dealer here in my home town.

I think the most frustrating aspect of this whole thing isnt the price...but the lack of information..allocations coming and going. And, knowing that the cars cost different prices for different people.
After 2 years of lists and going back and forth I just paid the premium to not have to deal with it anymore.
These are my first 2 p cars. I've wanted one since I was 10 years old and I'd rather not have a hybrid...which I suspect is coming soon.
The following users liked this post:
shrimp money (08-24-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 01:09 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

You guys have F you money, and I aspire to get to that level one day.
The following 4 users liked this post by shrimp money:
AlexCeres (08-24-2022), Azzurri GT3 (08-24-2022), michaeldorian (08-24-2022), Smittycat (08-25-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM