Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Hmmm, most of the “Wealthy” I know keep cash to avoid selling when they don’t want to. Or for a toy. They don’t have to sell anything.
I was kinda confused on that one too, oh well it’s early.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:36 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

The reality is that dealers price the car to the market- that is about what you can resell them for to another ownerZ

most rational people think paying hundreds of thousands for any car - let alone a small uncomfortable and noisy car- that rides badly- is insane and financially foolish. Then paying $500 for a $50 oil change and thousands for - race inspires tires - for a car that mostly drives to dinner - is even still “stupid”. Additionally Burdening yourself with compulsive behavior of dread over the smallest chip or ding as well.

dealers don’t owe your the Manufacturer’s suggested Retail price - which is what the letters stand for— are you willing to pay msrp in two years when the economy has collapsed, interest rates are 10% and the dealer has 911’s stacked all over their lot?

if the car is not worth the asking price don’t buy it.

capitalism allocates goods to the person that value them the most. If you could double the price of your product or service that you provide to enable the purchase of these cars you would.

personally I expect to lose money on cars. I have as many of this forum’s members have- lost huge amounts of money in the stock market lately but most are still not having their lifestyle threatened or changed. If your putting down 10% on a $200,000 car and the lose of tens of thousands of dollars devastates you financially- you should not buy such a car whether at msrp or not.

virtue signaling about how smart you are to not pay the price dealers want is just silly.

The following 4 users liked this post by Targa32:
carcommander (09-02-2022), f1soul (09-02-2022), neoprufrok (09-02-2022), RUF RS (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 12:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
The reality is that dealers price the car to the market- that is about what you can resell them for to another ownerZ

most rational people think paying hundreds of thousands for any car - let alone a small uncomfortable and noisy car- that rides badly- is insane and financially foolish. Then paying $500 for a $50 oil change and thousands for - race inspires tires - for a car that mostly drives to dinner - is even still “stupid”. Additionally Burdening yourself with compulsive behavior of dread over the smallest chip or ding as well.

dealers don’t owe your the Manufacturer’s suggested Retail price - which is what the letters stand for— are you willing to pay msrp in two years when the economy has collapsed, interest rates are 10% and the dealer has 911’s stacked all over their lot?

if the car is not worth the asking price don’t buy it.

capitalism allocates goods to the person that value them the most. If you could double the price of your product or service that you provide to enable the purchase of these cars you would.

personally I expect to lose money on cars. I have as many of this forum’s members have- lost huge amounts of money in the stock market lately but most are still not having their lifestyle threatened or changed. If your putting down 10% on a $200,000 car and the lose of tens of thousands of dollars devastates you financially- you should not buy such a car whether at msrp or not.

virtue signaling about how smart you are to not pay the price dealers want is just silly.
They are not pricing the car, they are throwing out an initial number to see if any suckers bite. Anyone paying remotely close to a $250k ADM for the GT3RS is a complete moron, retard, dumbass, etc. and deserves to have all their money taken away from them.
The following users liked this post:
azzurri (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 12:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
So 500k for a RS? Sure why not. Makes perfect sense. I mean who wants a Pista with 200 hp more or a 765 coupe with almost 250hp more or a STO or a bunch of other cars. 500k for an RS is a great deal. Buy 2.
I call it the Porsche new shiny toy syndrome. Same crap will happen with the 992.2 GT3 and 992.2 GT3RS. It's like groundhogs day every few years.
AlexCeres (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 01:07 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I call it the Porsche new shiny toy syndrome. Same crap will happen with the 992.2 GT3 and 992.2 GT3RS. It's like groundhogs day every few years.
Classic limited edition, no more production- I get it. Pay what the market wants. But these ADMS on a regular product car?? Jesus man. People need to get out more and experience other brands.
The following 3 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
azzurri (09-02-2022), fijibubba (09-02-2022), usctrojanGT3 (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 01:13 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Classic limited edition, no more production- I get it. Pay what the market wants. But these ADMS on a regular product car?? Jesus man. People need to get out more and experience other brands.
Yeah, 991R and Speedster or SC? Ok fine, pay the ADM if you really want the car but not on a regular production car like a GT3 or GT3RS. It's like the GT cars are treated as some kind of investments. Heck even at an MSRP of $300ish (my build is $305k) it gives me a little pause on buying the GT3RS especially when I'll have a GT4RS as my track toy, forget about buying with an ADM because that would be a big NO for me.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:34 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by One911
Either way from what I see ADM isn’t stopping unless porsche somehow starts increasing production of their GT/RS cars and it’s not like we all don’t know these last pure ICE cars are going to be the last of their kind. Drive them while you can
^^^ This
Old 09-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 725 Posts

I paid adm and maybe others feel as I do. I don’t care. I love the car. I’m enjoying every second. I didn’t buy worrying about what it’s value is or what it’s going to be. I’m driving it pretty much everyday. To me whatever I paid is gone. What I get back is a bonus.

Hmm, other cars out there? What other new cars? For 250-400k? Ferrari? Mclaren? Do you have confidence putting 30-40k miles on those cars? Cuz I don’t. I buy cars to put miles.

What’s worse paying adm on an RS or putting that many miles on the other two? Probably lose same amount of $$ if not more. People are scared to drive the exotics. So basically your buying an 800hp trinket.

then there’s the old saying “it’s just a 911 at the end of the day”. Yea it’s just the most successful road car in motor racing. They’ve only been doing it for 60 years. What else? They continue to sell even with well over 100k miles on them. Ever seen the other trinkets driven that much? Me either.

tomorrow is not promised.

Last edited by Jbravo23; 09-02-2022 at 01:43 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
carcommander (09-02-2022), Diablo Dude (09-02-2022), dommydom (09-02-2022), IMZSTIG (09-03-2022), Pcarnerd (09-02-2022), Porsche911GTS'16 (09-02-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-02-2022, 01:53 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
I paid adm and maybe others feel as I do. I don’t care. I love the car. I’m enjoying every second. I didn’t buy worrying about what it’s value is or what it’s going to be. I’m driving it pretty much everyday. To me whatever I paid is gone. What I get back is a bonus.

Hmm, other cars out there? What other new cars? For 250-400k? Ferrari? Mclaren? Do you have confidence putting 30-40k miles on those cars? Cuz I don’t. I buy cars to put miles.

What’s worse paying adm on an RS or putting that many miles on the other two? Probably lose same amount of $$ if not more. People are scared to drive the exotics. So basically your buying an 800hp trinket.

then there’s the old saying “it’s just a 911 at the end of the day”. Yea it’s just the most successful road car in motor racing. They’ve only been doing it for 60 years. What else? They continue to sell even with well over 100k miles on them. Ever seen the other trinkets driven that much? Me either.

And THIS ^^^

Love your post.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-02-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Jbravo23 (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 02:33 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

First if all, buy what you love and value. If you love the car then I agree adm no big deal. But there are adms, and ADMs. 250k am ADM on a 280k RS to ke brings no value. To others it may.

And this is a misconception that Porsche is the only car that you can put miles on. It’s simply not true.

Once the 458 was released there are plenty of people that have put 20,30,50k miles on their Ferraris. Hell @ipse dixit uses his Pista as a daily driver.

Lamborghini- it’s basically an Audi. Tons of examples of Huracan and Aventadors with high miles. Same with Mclaren.

So Porsche makes some great cars but so do others.

In the end but what you enjoy and value. I do not value an RS to pay 400 or 500k.

Last edited by Yippiekiaye; 09-02-2022 at 02:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
AlexCeres (09-02-2022), fijibubba (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 02:38 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

wow-- guess you don't believe in the free enterprise system. So your mad that if guys would not pay the ADM that you could buy one at MSRP? For some guys of older age-- with money they will never spend -- and time is their problem not money-- they don't care if they lose money. They want the car. If your correct and they foolishly paid too much for the car then in a year or two you can buy if for its "real" value according to you.

Why would they deserve to have their money taken away? You do understand the concept of private property? Their money and guys obviously can do whatever they want to do with it. cars are auctioned off all the time-- right? And if when a guy is the high bidder at an auto auction do you call them stupid as well? Personally - that is how they should sell these in demand cars as it would give all buyers equal chance and the high bidder wins the car. Essentially this is what dealers are doing - taking bids for a period of time and then selling to the high bid.

I like many guys-- have bought a number of cars from our Porsche dealers and they know we will be around even when selling cars gets more difficult and I buy all my cars at msrp -- but not a GT3-RS. And by the way-- that car is going to be a garage queen because it is too painful to drive on the street very far. Most all of these will be for sale again shortly - like the 100 GT3's for sale now also on the used market with a couple thousand miles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Targa32:
993TurboS (09-03-2022), Diablo Dude (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 02:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa32
wow-- guess you don't believe in the free enterprise system. So your mad that if guys would not pay the ADM that you could buy one at MSRP? For some guys of older age-- with money they will never spend -- and time is their problem not money-- they don't care if they lose money. They want the car. If your correct and they foolishly paid too much for the car then in a year or two you can buy if for its "real" value according to you.

Why would they deserve to have their money taken away? You do understand the concept of private property? Their money and guys obviously can do whatever they want to do with it. cars are auctioned off all the time-- right? And if when a guy is the high bidder at an auto auction do you call them stupid as well? Personally - that is how they should sell these in demand cars as it would give all buyers equal chance and the high bidder wins the car. Essentially this is what dealers are doing - taking bids for a period of time and then selling to the high bid.

I like many guys-- have bought a number of cars from our Porsche dealers and they know we will be around even when selling cars gets more difficult and I buy all my cars at msrp -- but not a GT3-RS. And by the way-- that car is going to be a garage queen because it is too painful to drive on the street very far. Most all of these will be for sale again shortly - like the 100 GT3's for sale now also on the used market with a couple thousand miles.
How about passing the money on to family or better yet to a worthwhile charity? DUMB IS DUMB!
Old 09-02-2022, 02:52 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
I visited my local Porsche dealer about the 992 GT3 RS and they quoted me a $250k ADM! They said if I agreed I would be first on the list as no one has committed to that ADM yet, but they did say they had a few people very interested as they thought the asking wasn’t “unreasonable” lol. Since this is the case, I will most likely be sticking with my other dealer in the Bay Area whom I bought my 2011 and 2016 GT3 RS’ from and have had my name down for a couple of years as it would be really hard for the ADM to be any worse than $250k. I’d be willing to pay not a totally ridiculous ADM to get a car, but at $250k this dealer is seemingly on crack.
OMFG....utterly utterly insane. The people you want do business with....what a joke.
I still can't understand how this is viewed as just "well it's just business" or some market based response.
Embarrassing to even consider.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:00 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 725 Posts

First if all, buy what you love and value. If you love the car then I agree adm no big deal. But there are adms, and ADMs. 250k am ADM on a 280k RS to ke brings no value. To others it may.

And this is a misconception that Porsche is the only car that you can put miles on. It’s simply not true.

Once the 458 was released there are plenty of people that have put 20,30,50k miles on their Ferraris. Hell @ipse dixit uses his Pista as a daily driver.

Lamborghini- it’s basically an Audi. Tons of examples of Huracan and Aventadors with high miles. Same with Mclaren.

So Porsche makes some great cars but so do others.

In the end but what you enjoy and value. I do not value an RS to pay 400 or 500k.
250k is aggressive. A gentleman agreed to 125 I think in another post. That’s not the end of the world to me. If you’re keeping the car for a year it trying to flip, sure you’ll eventually take a hit imo. But look what’s happening to older rs’s they only gone up and I don’t believe will come down.

if history is to repeat itself the same can be said for the 992 RS 15 years from now. It is a normal production car and they will make a lot but a good amount will be driven and driven hard. For the ones that won’t be they’ll hold and only go up.

are there high mileage exotics out there? Maybe a few but there are fewer of those cars in general. So the worry/fear of putting miles on them will intensify as time passes. Just last week saw a 7 owner Ferrari with 1700 miles. 🤣

I love all things fast, but I can only afford one sports car and gt3 is a nice all around package for me at this point in my life. I do have a soft spot for the StO tho 😬

Old 09-02-2022, 03:08 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

250k is aggressive. A gentleman agreed to 125 I think in another post. That’s not the end of the world to me. If you’re keeping the car for a year it trying to flip, sure you’ll eventually take a hit imo. But look what’s happening to older rs’s they only gone up and I don’t believe will come down.

if history is to repeat itself the same can be said for the 992 RS 15 years from now. It is a normal production car and they will make a lot but a good amount will be driven and driven hard. For the ones that won’t be they’ll hold and only go up.

are there high mileage exotics out there? Maybe a few but there are fewer of those cars in general. So the worry/fear of putting miles on them will intensify as time passes. Just last week saw a 7 owner Ferrari with 1700 miles. 🤣

I love all things fast, but I can only afford one sports car and gt3 is a nice all around package for me at this point in my life. I do have a soft spot for the StO tho 😬

There reason there aren’t more high mileage Ferraris, Mclaren’s and lambos is not that these cars can’t be driven hard. It’s cause the owners (especially ferrari owners) value low mileage cars for some reason.

I own multiple cars- mclaren, Ferrari and Porsche currently. I can see the pros and cons of each. For the life of me I can’t see paying 400k for an RS when I can get a Pista, 296, 720, 765 in a similar price range.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
azzurri (09-03-2022), fijibubba (09-02-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM