Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 AM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bradley Scott, congratulations. You are probably still sitting in your new car going through the owners manual

Take a couple of interior shots, please.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:10 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered my new Turbo S Cab in July and was expecting a mid december delivery from the SA's gloomy outlook. Damned if I was shocked when he texted me and said the ship was docking in Jacksonville in 3 days! I've been slumming in a GT3RS so i guess i gotta turn around and get it ready for trade in. Loved the GT3RS but there's truly nothing like a fresh Turbo S cab. And very excited for the new chalk interior. If no last minute delays i should be putting the top down for the first time next week! Went a little nuts but since even with a couple thousand miles I'm making a few bucks on the GT3RS I figured why not.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
OUT OF THE WAITING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!

In Park Position, I had a friend turn my steering wheel in both directions all the way - but the back wheels did not seem to move at all. I have Rear Axle Steering. I saw videos on youtube of folks doing this and the wheels clearly turn. Am I mistaken?
Congrats!

You are not mistaken and no they didn't forget. If you want to visually confirm the easiest way is to pull off a wheel. Hard to miss the RWS hardware tucked in with the brake rotor(see video below).

In order to see it in motion the car has to be moving. There are two ways you can do this:
Stick a GOPRO on the rear fender and record yourself driving in circles in a parking lot. The rear wheels will steer opposite the front.

Get it on a lift and have the car "idling" in a gear. All 4 wheels will be spinning and when you turn the steering wheel again the rear will move opposite the front.

Or just watch other peoples videos and trust that it's working it's magic

Old 11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Congrats!

You are not mistaken and no they didn't forget. If you want to visually confirm the easiest way is to pull off a wheel. Hard to miss the RWS hardware tucked in with the brake rotor(see video below).

In order to see it in motion the car has to be moving. There are two ways you can do this:
Stick a GOPRO on the rear fender and record yourself driving in circles in a parking lot. The rear wheels will steer opposite the front.

Get it on a lift and have the car "idling" in a gear. All 4 wheels will be spinning and when you turn the steering wheel again the rear will move opposite the front.

Or just watch other peoples videos and trust that it's working it's magic

Sir - you made me feel a lot better lol.
Thank you!

What...a...car!

Everyone that's in the waiting room - it's worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Still in the waiting room for me. The Oregon Highway is supposed to dock in Jacksonville, FL on Friday(11/4). It is currently on schedule docked in Davisville, RI.

Excited that it's docking/unloading Friday, but bittersweet since I won't see it for another month due to PEC delivery scheduled Nov 30th.

Was not expecting this in the mail! Nice surprise. Porsche would probably sell this leather folder emobssed with Porsche Crest in their merch store for $75 or more lol. Nice keepsake/reminder of the event and very useful for the trip too!

Contents include:
A lanyard and ID tag for both my wife and myself.
Actual window sticker/monroney from my Porsche
Targa Quick Start guide
Guide to the area(print out of the PDF I already have with PEC/ATL/hotel, driving road info)
10% discount on Porsche Driving School
Porsche pen
Porsche notepad

I know several Rennlisters have taken delivery @ PEC already and posted about it with lots of pictures etc, but I never saw this/wasn't aware of it.

Between this gift, the free 90 min track time, free lunch, white glove car cover style delivery(WAY over the top compared to getting delivery at my local dealer with it parked out front lol) and getting a PEC delivery # plaque on the car plus getting to permanently sign the PEC delivery board I am totally sold on PEC delivery as being a wonderful "free" option.

I put free in quotes since the car wasn't exactly cheap to buy lol. This entire experience will certainly spoil me on future deliveries. I guess I'll need to do ED for the next one!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
Ordered my new Turbo S Cab in July and was expecting a mid december delivery from the SA's gloomy outlook. Damned if I was shocked when he texted me and said the ship was docking in Jacksonville in 3 days! I've been slumming in a GT3RS so i guess i gotta turn around and get it ready for trade in. Loved the GT3RS but there's truly nothing like a fresh Turbo S cab. And very excited for the new chalk interior. If no last minute delays i should be putting the top down for the first time next week! Went a little nuts but since even with a couple thousand miles I'm making a few bucks on the GT3RS I figured why not.
Looks good. What is the next thing you did not add?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

How AMAZING the ride is - I can't explain right now - still quite jittery.
ONE Question though!!
In Park Position, I had a friend turn my steering wheel in both directions all the way - but the back wheels did not seem to move at all. I have Rear Axle Steering. I saw videos on youtube of folks doing this and the wheels clearly turn. Am I mistaken?
Is it possible they forgot to add this feature? Can someone explain this one? See below my window sticker showing rear Axle steering.

Wow, now THAT was worth the wait!! Congrats.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by parabola19
Holy cow, that is one big build!! Congrats and we will look forward to your pics!!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jenner
Still in the waiting room for me. The Oregon Highway is supposed to dock in Jacksonville, FL on Friday(11/4). It is currently on schedule docked in Davisville, RI.

Excited that it's docking/unloading Friday, but bittersweet since I won't see it for another month due to PEC delivery scheduled Nov 30th.

Was not expecting this in the mail! Nice surprise. Porsche would probably sell this leather folder emobssed with Porsche Crest in their merch store for $75 or more lol. Nice keepsake/reminder of the event and very useful for the trip too!

Contents include:
A lanyard and ID tag for both my wife and myself.
Actual window sticker/monroney from my Porsche
Targa Quick Start guide
Guide to the area(print out of the PDF I already have with PEC/ATL/hotel, driving road info)
10% discount on Porsche Driving School
Porsche pen
Porsche notepad

I know several Rennlisters have taken delivery @ PEC already and posted about it with lots of pictures etc, but I never saw this/wasn't aware of it.

Between this gift, the free 90 min track time, free lunch, white glove car cover style delivery(WAY over the top compared to getting delivery at my local dealer with it parked out front lol) and getting a PEC delivery # plaque on the car plus getting to permanently sign the PEC delivery board I am totally sold on PEC delivery as being a wonderful "free" option.

I put free in quotes since the car wasn't exactly cheap to buy lol. This entire experience will certainly spoil me on future deliveries. I guess I'll need to do ED for the next one!
Super nice. I wish to have done it.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:26 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 714 Likes on 498 Posts

How AMAZING the ride is - I can't explain right now - still quite jittery.
ONE Question though!!
Is it possible they forgot to add this feature? Can someone explain this one? See below my window sticker showing rear Axle steering.

A VIN search shows the car has the option. Unlikely they left it off. I noticed you didn't order PSE. I'm conflicted on this option. Can you share your reason for not ordering it?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by kayjh
A VIN search shows the car has the option. Unlikely they left it off. I noticed you didn't order PSE. I'm conflicted on this option. Can you share your reason for not ordering it?
I left it off for the same reason Nick Murray left it off (he's on this forum and pretty famous in the Porsche World).

1) I actually very much dislike the 2 exhausts in the center. I think it really throws the balance off on the car - especially with the wide body 4S.

2) I did not want the extremely loud sound coming from the car - and test drove a non PSE 991.2 and thought the car was ABSOLUTELY adequate.

Now I know that is a controversial remark to make because I read countless opinions on how "without PSE - the sound is dead".

With all due respect to the fellow members on this forum - but anyone who says that should lighten up - and not be so drama queenesque.

I ASSURE YOU....the sound is completely brilliant - and loud. 100% stand by what I said. I urge you to go test this out at your local dealership for confirmation.

With that said..... here are some new pictures I took today.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

So beautiful. Congrats!!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:53 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I left it off for the same reason Nick Murray left it off (he's on this forum and pretty famous in the Porsche World).

1) I actually very much dislike the 2 exhausts in the center. I think it really throws the balance off on the car - especially with the wide body 4S.

2) I did not want the extremely loud sound coming from the car - and test drove a non PSE 991.2 and thought the car was ABSOLUTELY adequate.

Now I know that is a controversial remark to make because I read countless opinions on how "without PSE - the sound is dead".

With all due respect to the fellow members on this forum - but anyone who says that should lighten up - and not be so drama queenesque.

I ASSURE YOU....the sound is completely brilliant - and loud. 100% stand by what I said. I urge you to go test this out at your local dealership for confirmation.

With that said..... here are some new pictures I took today.
Beautiful ride. The most important thing is YOU like the way you ordered it. The growl with and without PSE is definitely not like its day and night. The back fire and gurgles when you turn on PSE is more fun than the marginal increase in volume. Did you get MT or PDK?
Old 11-02-2016, 01:06 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Every time I see that interior with sapphire blue I regret not having the ***** to have ordered that interior.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Beautiful ride. The most important thing is YOU like the way you ordered it. The growl with and without PSE is definitely not like its day and night. The back fire and gurgles when you turn on PSE is more fun than the marginal increase in volume. Did you get MT or PDK?
PDK and you get the back fire when you have Sport Chrono - and set it to Sport. The backfire Burping is most DEFINITELY there. (I had actually hoped it wouldn't be lol) But it's fine.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!