Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016 | 09:18 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Maybe because mine is a manual it didn't make it to the boat as quickly?
What do you mean? Mine is a manual transmission as well...
Old 10-26-2016 | 10:04 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jenner
What do you mean? Mine is a manual transmission as well...
Well, it was just a poor attempt at a joke. My SA said he would give me an update yesterday, but I'll see him tomorrow at the dealerships Octoberfest so I'll get an update then.
Old 10-27-2016 | 02:52 PM
rxa82
Track Day

Smile First Porsche!

I have been dreaming about a 911 since I was a kid, I finally placed the order last weekend, super excited, its a base 991.2 C2 with a few options. Here are some:

Here's the build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHAK3XC6

Let me know what you guys think, build slot hasn't been confirmed but I am told it'll be sometime in February/March next year.

I want to get factory delivery so I might have to wait till deliveries resume after the winter. Really excited an

Last edited by rxa82; 10-27-2016 at 03:57 PM.
                Old 10-27-2016 | 03:08 PM
                bizwiz
                Intermediate

Default Great Build Congratualtions

Originally Posted by SoCal911
                My first 911 is officially on order!!!

What a surreal feeling... I'm both incredibly excited and slightly conflicted at the same time.

But screw it... you only live once, right?

The wait begins, but anticipation isn't all bad.
                Old 10-27-2016 | 03:13 PM
                ATLBond
                Instructor

Originally Posted by rxa82
                I have been dreaming about a 911 since I was a kid, I finally placed the last weekend, super excited, its a base 991.2 C2 with a few options. Here are some:

Let me know what you guys think, build slot hasn't been confirmed but I am told it'll be sometime in February/March next year.

I want to get factory delivery so I might have to wait till deliveries resume after the winter. Really excited an
                              Nice config. Agate Grey, RS wheels and glass roof compliment each other wonderfully. Consider adding Front Axle Lift. PASM is standard on all 991.2's making the suspension lower (than 991.1) by 10mm and add to that the long nose suddenly every speed bump and moderately steep driveway wants to scrap, at best, or take out, at worst, your front bumper lip. I am saying this because this is your first Porsche and you might not have considered this problem. I know it is not a feature you can enjoy like Sports Chrono or Sports Exhaust but I am so glad I got it. Am also not sure if they can retrofit this feature or how much more it'll be to retrofit it instead of ordering it from the factory, you can check with your SA. Get ready for the painful wait.
                              Old 10-27-2016 | 03:26 PM
                              rxa82
                              Track Day

Originally Posted by ATLBond
                              Nice config. Agate Grey, RS wheels and glass roof compliment each other wonderfully. Consider adding Front Axle Lift. PASM is standard on all 991.2's making the suspension lower (than 991.1) by 10mm and add to that the long nose suddenly every speed bump and moderately steep driveway wants to scrap, at best, or take out, at worst, your front bumper lip. I am saying this because this is your first Porsche and you might not have considered this problem. I know it is not a feature you can enjoy like Sports Chrono or Sports Exhaust but I am so glad I got it. Am also not sure if they can retrofit this feature or how much more it'll be to retrofit it instead of ordering it from the factory, you can check with your SA. Get ready for the painful wait.
                              Thanks ATLBond, appreciate your inputs, you've made a good point about getting the Front Axle lift system, there are lots of speed bumps in London and some are quite high, I'll speak to my SA and see what he says about what other Porsche drivers in London choose.
                              Old 10-27-2016 | 03:56 PM
                              Dan Nagy
                              Race Car

Originally Posted by rxa82
                              I have been dreaming about a 911 since I was a kid, I finally placed the last weekend, super excited, its a base 991.2 C2 with a few options. Here are some:

Congrats. It's going to be a beauty!
                                            Old 10-27-2016 | 04:01 PM
                                            Dan Nagy
                                            Race Car

Originally Posted by SoCal911
                                            My first 911 is officially on order!!!

What a surreal feeling... I'm both incredibly excited and slightly conflicted at the same time.

But screw it... you only live once, right?
                                            That's right, you only live once (that we know)! I had the same feeling after I placed my order. I have never owned a 911, and a test drive doesn't really the sense of how the car will fit you. I love my Cayman, but miss having open air at times. Anyway, just a few more weeks until my car comes.
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 10:45 AM
                                            Bradley Scott
                                            Racer

UPDATE:

I guess the end process took longer than I thought.

Car was off the ship on Tuesday the 25th. I know that because the ship set sale the next morning early in the AM.

I called to get updates and there was some mild confusion, no big deal. I am told the car will be ready for pickup next week - Tuesday or Wednesday. (November 1 or 2)

Based on everything I read on the forum - this process could have gone a bit quicker. Cleared customs, on a trailer, few stops at diff Porsche dealerships, PDI, pickup.

So we shall see! I was really hoping to get that surprise phone call "It's ready! Come get it!"
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:06 AM
                                            Dan Nagy
                                            Race Car

Waiting is the worst. Mine has been sitting for over a week waiting to get on a boat.
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:11 AM
                                            Bradley Scott
                                            Racer

Waiting is the worst. Mine has been sitting for over a week waiting to get on a boat.
                                            It's those waits I wish for a solution to rectify in the future.

The best analogy I could give you is how Amazon.com does business. You order something, a barcode to your order is created, and everything is streamlined - boom boom boom out the door as fast as possible.

I feel like a car sitting at Emden Port for a week is more due to human error, although I have no evidence to back up my claim.

Same on this side of the pond. Offloaded Tuesday - Customs has to be used to this - and it should have no problem clearing them for release almost immediately. I don't know what is involved with clearing at customs - but it should be routine by now - considering decades of practice.

I read somewhere that Porsche has a Truck/trailer there at the port waiting per the schedule to load the cars on and make the trip to the different dealerships to drop off the new cars.

It's 6 hour drive from Davisville to Warrington PA ( my dealership) so figure they do 3 stops before that? NYC, NJ, and a 2nd part of Philly? Should have arrived yesterday, or at the latest, today.

Pickup should be tomorrow. Not Tuesday or Wednesday.

Seems like there's too much "blase' in the process.
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:21 AM
                                            Dan Nagy
                                            Race Car

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
                                            It's those waits I wish for a solution to rectify in the future.
                                            I would bet that the hold-up is customs. It could be that several ships came in, etc..

Years ago I lived in Horsham and bought a couple of Audi's at Holbert's. I loved going to the Porsche showroom to look at the 911's.
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:27 AM
                                            Bradley Scott
                                            Racer

I would bet that the hold-up is customs. It could be that several ships came in, etc..

Years ago I lived in Horsham and bought a couple of Audi's at Holbert's. I loved going to the Porsche showroom to look at the 911's.
                                            I would say you are correct although While tracking the ship - i noticed mine was the only one in the port on that day.

And I TOTALLY know what you mean re: porsche showrooms. When I was a kid - I would always check them out. There's something about a boy and a porsche that doesn't happen with other car manufacturers.

I'd love to pinpoint it. lol
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:37 AM
                                            Jenner
                                            Burning Brakes

Do you understand the process of loading and unloading cars and/or cargo containers off a huge transport ship?

What about inspecting them for drugs or hidden people or who knows what.

The ship has to be fully filled before it gets underway. Your car waits on the German port side for this to happen. Again on the US side the containers/cars have to unloaded and moved and inspected for customs and damage and paperwork and all that good stuff.

Same applies to the car hauler. Cars need to be loaded and strapped in and it waits till it has all the cars it needs before getting underway.

You cannot compare shipping a $100,000+ vehicle from Europe to USA to sticking a book or toy or cosmetics in a cardboard box from a near by warehouse to your door in 2 days!

For the record I think your car is making excellent time from port to dealership. 1 week from port to delivery (or close enough) is NOTHING to complain about.
                                            Old 10-28-2016 | 11:44 AM
                                            Bradley Scott
                                            Racer

Originally Posted by Jenner
                                            Do you understand the process of loading and unloading cars and/or cargo containers off a huge transport ship?

What about inspecting them for drugs or hidden people or who knows what.

The ship has to be fully filled before it gets underway. Your car waits on the German port side for this to happen. Again on the US side the containers/cars have to unloaded and moved and inspected for customs and damage and paperwork and all that good stuff.

Same applies to the car hauler. Cars need to be loaded and strapped in and it waits till it has all the cars it needs before getting underway.

You cannot compare shipping a $100,000+ vehicle from Europe to USA to sticking a book or toy or cosmetics in a cardboard box from a near by warehouse to your door in 2 days!

For the record I think your car is making excellent time from port to dealership. 1 week from port to delivery (or close enough) is NOTHING to complain about.
                                            No I do not. In fact, I stated above "although I have no evidence to back up my claim".

I just read many threads on the forum showing a much faster delivery from port to dealer to pickup.

I also heard from friends who had their own Porsches picked up quicker.

First ordered car from start to finish.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!