Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 06:13 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Leecw
Ordered this to replace my 2014 991.1 S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHSY5D61

Hopefully will be a happy camper in May
Leecw, that's a very thoughtful build. Love the straight white and the red belts will pop! Only thought is to wrap the center in leather vs alcantara as you don't have alcantara anywhere else in the car. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Leecw
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Leecw, that's a very thoughtful build. Love the straight white and the red belts will pop! Only thought is to wrap the center in leather vs alcantara as you don't have alcantara anywhere else in the car. Just my 2 cents
Other than the roof lining?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Leecw
Other than the roof lining?
Bravo! Totally missed that. Nix my last post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:55 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does Porsche do a post delivery customer survey (similar to BMW and others)? If so, are there any repercussions on the dealer? thank you
Old 02-15-2016, 02:29 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes to both questions. I believe both the dealership and sales person can be impacted. Remember this is a German run company.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:50 PM
drgek
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Yes to both questions. I believe both the dealership and sales person can be impacted. Remember this is a German run company.
I don't think I got a survey after taking delivery of my wife's Macan in 2014. Nor did I get one after purchasing my daughter a new Tiguan in 2013. That was about the worst car delivery experience I've ever had, and actually wanted to get one for that.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 386 Posts

For those of you configuring a 991.2, a couple of comments with regards the new Sport Steering wheel.

Last week I spent 3 days behind the wheel of a 991.2 at Camp4 in Finland. It was a 991.2 S. It pretty much had all the fruit inc. RWS, PSE and a Multi-function Sport Steering wheel.

I must say the new wheel is a great size with excellent feel. When I got back into my GT3 back home, it felt like a bus in comparison with the hands being too far apart.

The only down side to the wheel is that everyone in my group complained about constantly turning the heating function on accidentally when quickly trying to counter steer. I don't know how many times I had to turn the damn thing off. Probably won't happen to normal driving but it was a real pain in the **** in Finland. Faced with a choice, I would still get it. As I said it's a much better size than the standard wheel.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:07 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

The survey on our 2016 was extensive. Porsche asked a lot of questions about the PCM. Wanted to know if the sales' person thoroughly explained it, and if not, did I want to make an appointment to bring the car in and go over items that I didn't understand.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by Chris3963
For those of you configuring a 991.2, a couple of comments with regards the new Sport Steering wheel.

Last week I spent 3 days behind the wheel of a 991.2 at Camp4 in Finland. It was a 991.2 S. It pretty much had all the fruit inc. RWS, PSE and a Multi-function Sport Steering wheel.

I must say the new wheel is a great size with excellent feel. When I got back into my GT3 back home, it felt like a bus in comparison with the hands being too far apart.

The only down side to the wheel is that everyone in my group complained about constantly turning the heating function on accidentally when quickly trying to counter steer. I don't know how many times I had to turn the damn thing off. Probably won't happen to normal driving but it was a real pain in the **** in Finland. Faced with a choice, I would still get it. As I said it's a much better size than the standard wheel.
That is very good to know and reassuring. Thank you Chris
Old 02-15-2016, 06:58 PM
arch7
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris3963

Thanks for your comments Chris! I ordered the Alcantara Sport wheel in my build. Looking forward to it. I always thought the wheel was a little large in the .1, at least for my knees which seemed in the way on extreme turns.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 PM
gloom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arch7
Thanks for your comments Chris! I ordered the Alcantara Sport wheel in my build. Looking forward to it. I always thought the wheel was a little large in the .1, at least for my knees which seemed in the way on extreme turns.
I have to admit that I opted for the standard steering wheel mainly based on looks. The bolts on the GT one look odd to me. Hope I won't regret it... Too late, my car is in the middle of the production line right now!

Only 5 weeks to go and I should have it. Got the VIN number and all... It's getting real. Even stacked up a few accessories in advance: clear side markers, license plate frame and child seat

Old 02-15-2016, 11:33 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by gloom
I have to admit that I opted for the standard steering wheel mainly based on looks. The bolts on the GT one look odd to me. Hope I won't regret it... Too late, my car is in the middle of the production line right now! Only 5 weeks to go and I should have it. Got the VIN number and all... It's getting real. Even stacked up a few accessories in advance: clear side markers, license plate frame and child seat
Clear side markers??? Aren't they standard?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:42 PM
gloom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Clear side markers??? Aren't they standard?
DOT imposes the ugly orange ones in North America. It was like that on the .1 and there's no reason for it to be different on the .2. The configurator shows the European version. That's why the renders show the clear ones. I bought the clear LED ones from Suncoast.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:44 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gloom
DOT imposes the ugly orange ones in North America. It was like that on the .1 and there's no reason for it to be different on the .2. The configurator shows the European version. That's why the renders show the clear ones. I bought the clear LED ones from Suncoast.
Good to know, I thought all along they would be clear ones. May have to order some myself.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:45 PM
LCW
Pro

That's good to know. Thank you

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!