Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016 | 01:00 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by abizarvakharia
He said, Porsche is prioritizing building C4S's versus C4. Which doesn't make much sense to me...
Money. They (both Porsche and the dealer) make more money putting out S cars than non S cars. So, from that standpoint it would make sense.

The dealer could be playing games. My cynical side says your dealer may have had a customer for an expensive C4S car and traded your C4 allocation to a dealership willing to trade their C4S allocation. Check other dealers and get corroboration on what the SA claims.
The way I see it, the dealer and Porsche have come too far down the promised timeline to hand you this kind of crap. Do you have past e-mails in which they confirm the December date? I'd suggest you complain to the GM. And if he doesn't provide satisfaction, talk to PCNA.

I ordered my C4 Cab in July, too. With a delivery date late December. He hasn't told me of any date changes. But, in view of your post, I'm going to check ASAP.

Last edited by fuddman; 10-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2016 | 10:21 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

When ordered, I was asked for $2,000 on my credit card, balance via bank cashier check upon delivery. In California, deposits are generally refundable. But I want my car now -- been at the San Diego port for a week waiting for a ride to dealer.
Old 10-30-2016 | 10:35 AM
trice9
Rennlist Member

My car is now at Emden waiting for the next boat to Rhode Island. Based on my previous experience, I know it can sit there for a day or for 2 weeks. Does anyone know how to see what boats are scheduled to leave over the next week and how to tell which ones carry cars? Does anyone have their car on a boat headed to Rhode Island that left lately? If it left Thursday, mine is likely to sit for awhile, but if the last boat left 2 weeks ago, the next one is probably set to leave soon.

Also, regarding the comments about your SA keeping you in the loop, feeling like you are pestering them, etc: Whenever I want an update, I text my contact (who actually is the sales manager, who theoretically should be "busier" than an SA), he goes into the system and takes 4 screenshot pictures with his phone and texts them to me. It can't take him more than 5 minutes. You should not feel like you are putting him out. And he should not feel like you're bothering him.

Last edited by trice9; 10-30-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2016 | 02:33 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by ddodds
Just curious here, have you paid for the car in full prior to delivery or merely placed a deposit on an order.
They asked for a $5000 deposit on the order. I would never pay for a car in full on an order. A lot of stuff could happen until the car is delivered.
Old 10-30-2016 | 03:47 PM
gary.lee
Instructor

Can I ask what is the discount % in southern california now?
Old 10-30-2016 | 11:16 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Definitely on purpose with calipers and gauges. Red seatbelts matching red dash paint.

I will have to talk to my SA to get more detail after lock in date. Thanks for the feedback.
I gotta get me some of them yellow gages! Stellar!!!
Old 10-31-2016 | 10:58 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by trice9
My car is now at Emden waiting for the next boat to Rhode Island. Based on my previous experience, I know it can sit there for a day or for 2 weeks. Does anyone know how to see what boats are scheduled to leave over the next week and how to tell which ones carry cars? Does anyone have their car on a boat headed to Rhode Island that left lately? If it left Thursday, mine is likely to sit for awhile, but if the last boat left 2 weeks ago, the next one is probably set to leave soon.

Also, regarding the comments about your SA keeping you in the loop, feeling like you are pestering them, etc: Whenever I want an update, I text my contact (who actually is the sales manager, who theoretically should be "busier" than an SA), he goes into the system and takes 4 screenshot pictures with his phone and texts them to me. It can't take him more than 5 minutes. You should not feel like you are putting him out. And he should not feel like you're bothering him.
If you hear something, please post it. Our cars are waiting for the same boat. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2016 | 11:00 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Need some advice, please.

Ordered our C4 in late July and was told we should plan on a December delivery. My SA called today to tell me Porsche delayed my build to April or May next year!

Have others had a similar experience?
Dude, sounds like you got bumped out of your slot. If you have the paperwork in hand, I would contact the local Porsche rep.
Old 10-31-2016 | 11:12 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Reading between the lines it sounds like abizarvakharia got his allocation moved to a later date for a higher priority client to take his build slot, or moved to a later date because Porsche is prioritizing the higher profit S models and the S models very popular creating enough demand to push him off 4-5 months.
Old 10-31-2016 | 11:30 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Need some advice, please.

Ordered our C4 in late July and was told we should plan on a December delivery. My SA called today to tell me Porsche delayed my build to April or May next year!

Have others had a similar experience?
All turbo orders at my dealership were delayed by Porsche. Mine went from December to around February.
Old 10-31-2016 | 04:06 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Originally Posted by ace37
All turbo orders at my dealership were delayed by Porsche. Mine went from December to around February.
Details? Is that only in Utah? Any explanation fro delay?
Old 10-31-2016 | 04:25 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ace37
Interesting. I just got a email that my Targa 4S is V200 as of today, freeze date 12/1 and at dealer circa March 10.
I'm in the process of trying to change the order to PTS - I'm curious to see how that goes.
Old 10-31-2016 | 05:15 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Details? Is that only in Utah? Any explanation fro delay?
I didn't ask if it was the Utah dealership turbo models only. My SA said it was due to a supplier issue of some sort meaning some required part wasn't available. It only affected the TT/TTS. This was a month or so ago, so I expect all of the schedule impacts of my specific delay have been felt.
Old 10-31-2016 | 06:42 PM
Joenyc
Instructor

My baby is expected State side on Nov 8th onboard the Sentosa Leader. Started the order on Sept 3rd and fixed on Sept 30th. I guess that pretty quick. Ordered a 991.2 Cabrio 4S in Sapphire blue with Bordeaux/Black with sports pkg. Excited my first Porsche. Enjoy the forum and very informative.
Old 10-31-2016 | 07:46 PM
Nin Din Din
Instructor

Good news. My dealer just shot me a copy of the "tracking page" which shows as of today my car is at the port of Emden. Now the car will age a bit in the port parking lot and then take a slow boat ride to Rhode Island... just so the paint can have a chance to dry.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!