Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 PM
MAHack
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Reassurance

Just a bit of reassurance for those waiting...sometimes the wait at Emden and the wait during transport seems like forever. My new order has moved very quickly after production. Lock date was 7/26.

Car was completed during the first week of October...

Arrived at Emden 10/14
Arrived at Davisville, RI 10/24 (Adriatic Highway)
Arrived at dealer in OH 10/29
Will be delivered to me tomorrow 11/1

Only 18 days from Emden arrival to my front door!

2017 C2S graphite blue, 7mt, sport package, SPASM
I'll get some better pics ASAP

Old 10-31-2016, 09:04 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nin Din Din
Good news. My dealer just shot me a copy of the "tracking page" which shows as of today my car is at the port of Emden. Now the car will age a bit in the port parking lot and then take a slow boat ride to Rhode Island... just so the paint can have a chance to dry.
Awesome to know its built.

I am going to wait until after the election to pulse my SA. The best outcome will be Good/good news, second bad/good news, and third - hopefully not bad/bad news with a schedule slip.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Nin Din Din
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Awesome to know its built.

I am going to wait until after the election to pulse my SA. The best outcome will be Good/good news, second bad/good news, and third - hopefully not bad/bad news with a schedule slip.
Good luck, Pete

Originally Posted by MAHack
?..Car was completed during the first week of October...

Arrived at Emden 10/14

Only 18 days from Emden arrival to my front door...
MA, that's a nice time line. I'm envious. For you, today's the day! Good luck.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joenyc
My baby is expected State side on Nov 8th onboard the Sentosa Leader. Started the order on Sept 3rd and fixed on Sept 30th. I guess that pretty quick. Ordered a 991.2 Cabrio 4S in Sapphire blue with Bordeaux/Black with sports pkg. Excited my first Porsche. Enjoy the forum and very informative.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:06 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Just can't seem to exit this waiting room, as my vehicle has been flagged for a random quality check at the port (landed at the port over a week ago) -- another delay of > 1 week. Of course I wasn't notified, just pinged my SA, and the status showed this special honor of being chosen -- supposedly at random, or because the model, or feature. Meanwhile, I've been holding a Cashiers Check for a week, because dealer requires a Cashiers Check -- first time I've encountered that. Possibly, I'll have my car by this weekend -- maybe, but not counting on it. Porsche makes the buying process very difficult -- shouldn't be this difficult to spend $200K. Incidentally, dealer (SA) has been very good about the trials and tribulations of this transaction. They have no control over this port mess, and the fact that there is no tracking mechanism for the buyer.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I plan to see the doctor and leave the waiting room tonight! Fingers Crossed. Don't see any reason this is not happening. Insurance is transferring over this morning - the dealer is driving in to NYC to have us sign the paperwork and I'll be going out with a few friends to Warrington, PA to pick up my new car

Pictures to follow! Can't believe it's today. Never thought this day would come - and Im not talking about since putting down the deposit - but since my voice was several octaves higher.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
I plan to see the doctor and leave the waiting room tonight! Fingers Crossed. Don't see any reason this is not happening. Insurance is transferring over this morning - the dealer is driving in to NYC to have us sign the paperwork and I'll be going out with a few friends to Warrington, PA to pick up my new car

Pictures to follow! Can't believe it's today. Never thought this day would come - and Im not talking about since putting down the deposit - but since my voice was several octaves higher.
Well then, it's good bye from the waiting room. You might consider Route 611 - from Easton to Stroudsburg is a great drive!

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 11-01-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MAHack
Just a bit of reassurance for those waiting...sometimes the wait at Emden and the wait during transport seems like forever. My new order has moved very quickly after production. Lock date was 7/26.

Car was completed during the first week of October...

Arrived at Emden 10/14

Only 18 days from Emden arrival to my front door!

2017 C2S graphite blue, 7mt, sport package, SPASM
I'll get some better pics ASAP
Looks great! Happy day.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:56 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
...... They have no control over this port mess, and the fact that there is no tracking mechanism for the buyer.
Oh yes there is.
Eventually, the car is released, by vin, to the trucking company. At that point, the trucking company knows precisely where your cars is located. If it's on a truck, they know the exact geographic postion of that truck and, hence, your car.
With VIN in hand, find out the name of the trucking company, their phone number, and then convince the guy at the other end of the line to tell you where your car is.

You have to be kinda like a Dick Tracy.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by philg3
Incidentally, dealer (SA) has been very good about the trials and tribulations of this transaction. They have no control over this port mess, and the fact that there is no tracking mechanism for the buyer.
Thank you for that. Once again I had to ask my SA where my car was. It's ridiculous that Porsche cannot make a simple tracking program (like BMW). They already have all the data.

My car was finished 21 October, but as far as I know, it's still in Emden. My SA is out this morning but I hope to have an update later.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Thank you for that. Once again I had to ask my SA where my car was. It's ridiculous that Porsche cannot make a simple tracking program (like BMW). They already have all the data.

My car was finished 21 October, but as far as I know, it's still in Emden. My SA is out this morning but I hope to have an update later.
My last Boxster sat in Emden 10 days if I recall correctly. I had just missed the boat and the schedule was the biggest gap I could see on the Ro-Ro chart.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

My update: it's still not on the ship. It's just gathering dust and sea salt at port. Sigh.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:04 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Folks,

My first chime in here. 911 TTS-Cab order placed with the dealer July 26th. As of last week it was still in 'production', or so I understand. My SA was not in and I got that bit of info from another SA at the dealership. Delivery to me in the Great Frozen North is slated for late Dec, which means I will get the car sometime in the New Year. I am not bummed, as it will just be trucked out to my Hanger and stored untill the snow melts anyhow.

The spec is Night Blue Metallic, with a Blue Roof, and as many leather-bits as I could check-off on the build sheet. Interior is Graphite Blue/Chalk. 20" Silver CL Wheels, Axle Lift, Burmester, SS Door Sills, Adaptive CC/PAS, Lane Change Assist, Rear Side Air Intakes Painted (Body Color), Full Mahogany Interior Package (The Gear Selector **** costs more than the heated Steering Wheel?)

When the order was placed I did have an ED, but when the actual date for that slipped into November, I dropped that option. But we, the wife and I, did a non-ED ED. We went over to Stuttgart, did the factory and museum tours, then rented a Boxster GTS (yea, I know it was't a TTS) and drove around southern Europe for 3 weeks, in late Sep early Oct. A great trip, the Boxster is a good car for such a trip, we already own one so we know how to pack it. The wife gets the bigger Frunk, and I get the smaller Trunk. Maybe it was not us driving our new 911, but we put 4,000 Kms of 'wear and tear' on someone else's car, and our 911 will be pristine when we get it on the road in the Spring.

I will post some pics of it's arrival in due course.

Cheers
Old 11-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Hi Folks,

My first chime in here. 911 TTS-Cab order placed with the dealer July 26th. As of last week it was still in 'production', or so I understand. My SA was not in and I got that bit of info from another SA at the dealership. Delivery to me in the Great Frozen North is slated for late Dec, which means I will get the car sometime in the New Year. I am not bummed, as it will just be trucked out to my Hanger and stored untill the snow melts anyhow.

The spec is Night Blue Metallic, with a Blue Roof, and as many leather-bits as I could check-off on the build sheet. Interior is Graphite Blue/Chalk. 20" Silver CL Wheels, Axle Lift, Burmester, SS Door Sills, Adaptive CC/PAS, Lane Change Assist, Rear Side Air Intakes Painted (Body Color), Full Mahogany Interior Package (The Gear Selector **** costs more than the heated Steering Wheel?)

When the order was placed I did have an ED, but when the actual date for that slipped into November, I dropped that option. But we, the wife and I, did a non-ED ED. We went over to Stuttgart, did the factory and museum tours, then rented a Boxster GTS (yea, I know it was't a TTS) and drove around southern Europe for 3 weeks, in late Sep early Oct. A great trip, the Boxster is a good car for such a trip, we already own one so we know how to pack it. The wife gets the bigger Frunk, and I get the smaller Trunk. Maybe it was not us driving our new 911, but we put 4,000 Kms of 'wear and tear' on someone else's car, and our 911 will be pristine when we get it on the road in the Spring.

I will post some pics of it's arrival in due course.

Cheers
Sounds like a beauty! And the car, too. I used to live in Switzerland and made quite a few trips up to Stuttgart to visit our Chairman. I always rented an Audi for the Autobahn - fun driving!! I didn't have a Porsche option so great for you!

I love my Cayman and will miss the trunk!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

OUT OF THE WAITING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!
How AMAZING the ride is - I can't explain right now - still quite jittery.
ONE Question though!!
In Park Position, I had a friend turn my steering wheel in both directions all the way - but the back wheels did not seem to move at all. I have Rear Axle Steering. I saw videos on youtube of folks doing this and the wheels clearly turn. Am I mistaken?
Is it possible they forgot to add this feature? Can someone explain this one? See below my window sticker showing rear Axle steering.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!