Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:26 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Out driving as you should be, of course after taking your four legged companion out for a walk earlier,......family does come first.

Cheers
Old 11-11-2016, 10:35 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Thanks for the kind words -- Best wishes for a speedy delivery to everyone waiting in this room.

I'm out driving.
Awesome TT and a huge congrats, philg3!!! When it's time for me order, that will be my interior color combo for sure.
I'm sure the wait was a drag but I'm waiting to wait, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:26 AM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Phil and Parabola! Pure sexxxxxxx....
Old 11-12-2016, 01:20 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Wow! A great car, I just love it, and you did the vents in leather, as I did. Also the same interior color.

Enjoy!!
I picked way too many leather options. Won't get any resale value but as is commonly said around here I built the car for me, not the next owner. But i must say the air vents in leather are absolutely stunning. My 991.1 TTS cab didn't have them and while it still looked good this is amazing
Old 11-12-2016, 01:24 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Thanks for the kind words -- Best wishes for a speedy delivery to everyone waiting in this room.

I'm out driving.
Me too, all night i was. Love your car, had the black/bourdeaux on my last TTS cab. Was planning on getting it until I saw the blue/chalk in person. and white is the perfect exterior color for it IMO. Drive in good health.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:21 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally exiting the waiting room.
Just curious, did they ever tell you why you had to wait so long? Was there any damage, etc...?

Beauty of a car -- definitely worth the wait!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:14 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gyangage
Just curious, did they ever tell you why you had to wait so long? Was there any damage, etc...?

Beauty of a car -- definitely worth the wait!
No one is talking, but the most plausible explanation is there was an emission issue -- one opinion was the government pulled a few cars aside for testing, another was that a part was replaced. There was no body damage. Car functions perfectly -- goes real fast. Very pleased with car -- particularly like the wheels (come standard with Turbo) as they look great, all surfaces are smooth (should repel brake dust), and the interior is painted black (should hide brake dust). Wheels are definitely a 10+ in looks and practicality.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:46 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by parabola19
I picked way too many leather options. Won't get any resale value but as is commonly said around here I built the car for me, not the next owner. But i must say the air vents in leather are absolutely stunning. My 991.1 TTS cab didn't have them and while it still looked good this is amazing
The only leather items I did not go with are the Door Sills and the Sun Visors. I am going to have Techart make me a set of leather Sun Visors, without all the safety labels, something Porsche can't do. I fully agree on "its my car" and I have it built the way "I" want. Mine should be on Canadian soil in the next 24 hours, but my guess it will arrive in Calgary just in time for our first major blast of Winter
Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

My car has arrived in San Diego. The bad part is the ship is at anchor. I'm assuming waiting on a spot to unload. Left Emden on the 21st. I'm tired of waiting. I'm hoping to receive in Portland, OR in the next 2 weeks. Was originally told it would arrive Portland on Dec 16th so looks a little ahead of schedule.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 PM
parabola19
Instructor

The only leather items I did not go with are the Door Sills and the Sun Visors. I am going to have Techart make me a set of leather Sun Visors, without all the safety labels, something Porsche can't do. I fully agree on "its my car" and I have it built the way "I" want. Mine should be on Canadian soil in the next 24 hours, but my guess it will arrive in Calgary just in time for our first major blast of Winter
did the illuminated carbon on the sills to match my trim. i got the visors but theres a thread on here on how to remove the warning labels figure if i screw it up i can always buy the aftermarket ones
Old 11-12-2016, 06:27 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
My car has arrived in San Diego. The bad part is the ship is at anchor. I'm assuming waiting on a spot to unload. Left Emden on the 21st. I'm tired of waiting. I'm hoping to receive in Portland, OR in the next 2 weeks. Was originally told it would arrive Portland on Dec 16th so looks a little ahead of schedule.
Those boats move so damm slow, I have followed mine across the Atlantic, I think I could row faster. Then to have your's be at anchor, instead at a dock unloading has got to be hard. My guess is San Diego is a really busy port and there was just no room for your ship to tie-up. I am not sure about the dock space at Halifax, there are two Ro-Ro ships coming in from Europe in the next 24 Hours, mine is the second one, so it might also have to hold off a bit. Good luck on yours.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:41 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by parabola19
did the illuminated carbon on the sills to match my trim. i got the visors but theres a thread on here on how to remove the warning labels figure if i screw it up i can always buy the aftermarket ones
I was first going to go with the Porsche Leather Sun Visors, and try as you are doing, to remove those 'stupid' stickers. But in the end I did not, so I am forced to go aftermarket now. But I would be interested in how you make out on pulling the stickers off,.......for next time.

I did the S/S Sills.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Just found this and thought would be cool for anyone who's car arrives in San Diego. My car arrived today but the ship is now at anchor. It shows what berth ship will arrive and date. Mine is showing arrival of the 15th at Berth 24-11. I tracked the ship that just departed that berth and it is on its way but mine is still at anchor. Hope mine off loads early but not very confident as I am sure they have schedule off load times. Sucks knowing it is that close but will wait 3 more days to start off load.

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
Old 11-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

I was first going to go with the Porsche Leather Sun Visors, and try as you are doing, to remove those 'stupid' stickers. But in the end I did not, so I am forced to go aftermarket now. But I would be interested in how you make out on pulling the stickers off,.......for next time.

I did the S/S Sills.
A few .1 guys have posted about ordering Euro versions from Porsche that have no warning labels.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alcantara with no stickers here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUALC991C.html

Leather with no stickers here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991VISORS.html

These prices make the Porsche options prices look cheap! Crazy $ for no stickers...

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!