Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:52 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two months down, four to go. Oh the pain waiting on my first Porsche.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:25 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by planet
Hearty congratulations! She's a beauty.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by dmtsc
Two months down, four to go. Oh the pain waiting on my first Porsche.
My first Porsche too, keep your head up, it's DEFINITELY worth the wait!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:39 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Re: The body shop - my car was parked in downtown brooklyn and someone either kicked my door - or backed into the car (left no note).

Here's the photo.

Now the dealer story. I'll make it in bullet point style for ease of read. I know no one wants to read an essay.

Ordered car July 15.
Picked up car November 1. All is great.
Transfer plates was requested as I have vanity plates.
Took the car home on November 1 with the temporary plates expiring 11/30/2016
11/25 comes - no registration yet in the mail.
12/1 comes - no registration in the mail.
It is now illegal to drive my car in New York or park it on the street as the registration has expired.
I call the dealer to find out when I am supposed to get the registration.
They forgot to order them and promised it would be done immediately.
Don't have the exact day - but soon after that - I get 2 new plates in the mail with a new registration.
They didn't even bother to look in my file - to see that transfer plates were requested.
I called dealer back telling them this was all wrong and they need to fix it.
They told me they can't do anything more because now its all in my name and I have to go to DMV.
I go to DMV - I look up myself how to transfer plates. I fill out the form.
I bring my previous registration that I am transferring to the new car.
The wait time exceeded 2 hours.
Finally told I need copy of the NY Title and power of attorney that I am transferring plates (because it is a lease - and Porsche is the owner).
They told me it has to all be notarized.
Dealer sends me original title, not NY Title. The notary is on the reverse side of a copy scanned - not on original document.
Nevertheless, I take it back to the DMV for another 90 minute wait.
DMV Rejects me again when I bring them because the title is not the NY Title.
Meanwhile, no calls of apology. Nothing.
I had to call PCNA to complain about what's been going on - and thye sent me my NY Title which I am brought to a DMV Services company to complete the registration.

For 1 month - the car has been illegal to drive because the dealer screwed it up.

I am requesting of PCNA to reimburse me for the cost of the lease for the month of December.

I am completely frustrated that the dealer wouldn't even TRY to help fix this situation. I wasn't asking for any favors - and after they "forgot" - one would think they'd make sure this mishap doesn't escalate.

I won't hold my breath for an apology - but I'll go very strong on social media if PCNA doesn't make this right.
Breaks my heart to see the damage to the door.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:46 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by JustBud
Officially checking out of the waiting room! I have been dreaming of owning my own 911 since 1981. It's a reality...... I keep pinching myself but it is in my garage. Wow.
Spectacular color choice and custom touches. Congratulations. My 991.2 C2S too was my first 911 and I haven't stopped grinning and its 10 months since delivery.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:01 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Spectacular color choice and custom touches. Congratulations. My 991.2 C2S too was my first 911 and I haven't stopped grinning and its 10 months since delivery.
Thanks for the kind words! Here's to continuing to enjoy the grins!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 AM
dmtsc
Instructor

Originally Posted by JustBud
Officially checking out of the waiting room! I have been dreaming of owning my own 911 since 1981.
Enjoy the new car. I rode in a 930 turbo at age 16 in 1984, I know the struggle of waiting a long time for your first Porsche. Enjoy in good health. I sometimes question my decision of snagging a PTS slot knowing it would make the wait months longer.
David
Old 01-03-2017, 06:51 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"my office building - any concerns with damaging the car under normal driving over the speed bumps?

2. Coming from '13 Boxster, I'm used to road noise. But, a lot reviews point this out as a major drawback. Is it really that bad? "

No concerns about normal speed bumps.
I have a 2013 Boxster 18" wheels. The C4S has much more road noise as a function of the larger tires but is not objectionable.
The road noise from particles hitting the wheel wells is the same in my Boxster and C4S and is a seperate noise than the tires. -Richard
Old 01-03-2017, 11:54 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by budrichard
"my office building - any concerns with damaging the car under normal driving over the speed bumps?

2. Coming from '13 Boxster, I'm used to road noise. But, a lot reviews point this out as a major drawback. Is it really that bad? "

No concerns about normal speed bumps.
I have a 2013 Boxster 18" wheels. The C4S has much more road noise as a function of the larger tires but is not objectionable.
The road noise from particles hitting the wheel wells is the same in my Boxster and C4S and is a seperate noise than the tires. -Richard
911's nose sticks out more than other cars, in case this is your first 911 like it was for me. 991.1 with PASM did not clear my steep drive way so I ordered FAL. I have been able to get decent use out of it; mostly navigating private residence driveways, huge speed bumps and occasional down town public parking garages. Frankly I would have spent the $3k on something else but did not have a choice (because of my steep drive way).

Road noise - in comparison to the 330i I was coming from, it is noticeable and sometime difficult to hear me, says my wife, when I call her using blue tooth. Am I bothered by the road noise? absolutely not.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
nal13
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 43 Posts

Just spoke with my SA and it looks like ill be on the same boat as many on this thread. Estimated dealer delivery is 3/10/2017 through Davisville. Just in time for the Northeast to start thawing out!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 03:01 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by StevePlaysHard
Ordered my first 911 ever and the wait is killing me! I think I've watched every YouTube video out there that reviews/drives a 991.2. I previously owned '13 Boxster.

Here's my build and schedule:

Two things I didn't order and hope I don't end up regretting: 1) sports mirror 2) dials in black. Personally, I like the contrast of color - hope it sticks!

Two other questions I'm looking for some insights on (right now):

1. I have normal speed bumps at my office building - any concerns with damaging the car under normal driving over the speed bumps?

2. Coming from '13 Boxster, I'm used to road noise. But, a lot reviews point this out as a major drawback. Is it really that bad?

Thanks!
Nice build. My 2 cents,
a) Sports Mirrors make the car look very sharp. Unless you live in a large city like NYC or the places you frequent have tight parking spots, you don't have to worry about not having electric fold away feature. I have sports mirrors and love it
b) The glare on the grey dial on the 991.1 I test drove was noticeable so I ordered tacho dial in black. Having said that, if you like the two color contrast, go for it, both look good I think
c) 911's nose sticks out more than other cars, in case this is your first 911 like it was for me. 991.1 with PASM did not clear my steep drive way so I ordered FAL. I have been able to get decent use out of it; mostly navigating private residence driveways, huge speed bumps and occasional down town public parking garages. Frankly I would have spent the $3k on something else but did not have a choice (because of my steep drive way).
d) Road noise - in comparison to the 330i I was coming from, it is noticeable and sometime difficult to hear me, says my wife, when I call her using blue tooth. Am I bothered by the road noise? absolutely not.

PS: I wrote (c) and (d) in response to another post that I am pasting here for your ready reference
Old 01-03-2017, 11:46 PM
mforestier
Track Day

Greetings to all my Rennlist friends. I just arrived in Atlanta and will pick up my 991.2 tomorrow morning at PEC. I want to thank everyone for your help to better understand the process from order to delivery. I ordered a base Carrera which I designed as a tribute to early Porsche 356. It is a PTS in Stone Grey with very minimal options. Although my process started in May 2016, I originally posted my order here on November 5th. An almost eight month gestation period. Now I will finally see my baby tomorrow. I promise to post photos soon.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:53 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mforestier
Greetings to all my Rennlist friends. I just arrived in Atlanta and will pick up my 991.2 tomorrow morning at PEC. I want to thank everyone for your help to better understand the process from order to delivery. I ordered a base Carrera which I designed as a tribute to early Porsche 356. It is a PTS in Stone Grey with very minimal options. Although my process started in May 2016, I originally posted my order here on November 5th. An almost eight month gestation period. Now I will finally see my baby tomorrow. I promise to post photos soon.
Great news, as we all know no photos and it did not happen

Have fun, we look forward to your PEC photos.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:48 AM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mforestier
I ordered a base Carrera which I designed as a tribute to early Porsche 356. It is a PTS in Stone Grey with very minimal options.
Looking forward to seeing it. Haven't seen many pics of stone grey 911s.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:10 AM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SCHEDULE UPDATE

Howdy fellow waiting roomers.

Wellllll, I've been told delivery day is getting closer to my TS. Latest report sez it's been built.

Vehicle completion (CP 8.0) 12/23/2016
Entry port Emden 12/23/2016
Exit port Emden 01/13/2017
Entry port San Diego 02/10/2017

I guess it then has to get through the San Diego gauntlet...that'll take who knows how long....hopefully a week or two. Then truckit north to the SF area so mebbe I'll get it the end of Feb barring any dilemmas in San Diego.

I've read here that not all dealers have the best delivery exterior cleanup expertise so I'm going to continue to explore that here in January, and probably follow advice to minimize dealer handling of the exterior. I'm also planning to take my sharp-eyed detail service guy to look the car over with me when it first shows up, to make it less likely I'll overlook something.

Wish me luck. :-)
unkie
Old 01-04-2017, 05:23 AM
StevePlaysHard
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Nice looking build details.

Coming from a 13 Box, you will have no more difficulties with Speed Bumps in the new 911. The road noise levels are also very similar, IMO. The wait is indeed the hard part, do you still have the 981 to drive around during the wait?
Thanks! I sold the 981 and driving our X3 this winter.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!