Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 06:13 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
So I'm a bit late to the Holiday celebration as I was up in Washington for Christmas with family. My SA sent me the first photo to let me know it made it from Houston like the rest have posted here. The second photo is my car next to some red and white model..... Better pics when I pick it up on Sunday! The 35 year wait is coming to an end!
Congrats! Jezz most of us get grumpy when we have to wait a few months
Old 12-31-2016, 06:42 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I got 4% plus a bit on a Turbo S custom build scheduled to freeze Jan. 17 and to hit production mid Feb.

I am happy to get an allocation AND discount!!

Originally Posted by sctanton52
I did a bit less than 1Gunner at some 3% on my 17 TTS Cab. I am fairly new to the PCar world, and my dealer, only 3-years. I was happy as it was 'my' car speced just the way I wanted.
I don't think thus far the average or typical discount nationwide was quite as high on custom ordered 991.2 TT/TTS models. My TT discount was 2.1% of the MSRP, a few free knick-knacks, and I effectively got 2% in state sales tax credit from an in-and-out private sale of my former car. I'm fine with it. I'm also a first time buyer there - I had a 997 for a year but bought it from a Mercedes dealer out of state.

Also for others, keep in mind that the data points in the thread are likely to be better than average deals, not a sampling of true median prices paid, and also the market/region variability is quite high. Those data points are self-reported discounts on a Porsche enthusiasts forum thread about how good of a deal you can get. Great info, but it's pretty far from a poll of average buyers!

Truecar is another source and they suggest about a 2% discount on a new 2017 Carrera or Carrera S is typical but there is a fair bit of variation. I don't think their data is necessarily great but it's another source and would probably strike a bit closer to the real average.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delivery taken, and I am leaving the fine company of the waiting room. Thank you all!

Deposit placed: July 15
Order locked: September 30
Build date: November 15
Received: December 31

C4S with PDK, Sport Pkg, Premium Plus Pkg (less ventilated seats), Night Blue Metallic with Graphite Blue/Chalk and Sport-Tex, Brushed Aluminum, 18 way seats, Burmester, Glass sunroof, ACC, LCA, other goodies

My dealer said this was the first Carrera they've received with Sport-Tex seats. I'm pretty happy with the look and feel.

Pardon the dirt; I instructed the dealer not to wash the car so I could do it myself in the days to come.

The drive home was amazing.
Attached Images        
Old 12-31-2016, 07:43 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! Very nice color combo. Congratulations. I see you got illuminated door sills, too. My C4S should be less than one month away.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:44 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations! That is also the first Sport-Tex interior I have seen, very cool. Long wait, but my guess is you are one happy fellow right now.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:10 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats! Also the first photos I've seen of the new interior option. Enjoy your great new car!
Old 12-31-2016, 08:40 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,460 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
I don't think thus far the average or typical discount nationwide was quite as high on custom ordered 991.2 TT/TTS models. My TT discount was 2.1% of the MSRP, a few free knick-knacks, and I effectively got 2% in state sales tax credit from an in-and-out private sale of my former car. I'm fine with it. I'm also a first time buyer there - I had a 997 for a year but bought it from a Mercedes dealer out of state.

Also for others, keep in mind that the data points in the thread are likely to be better than average deals, not a sampling of true median prices paid, and also the market/region variability is quite high. Those data points are self-reported discounts on a Porsche enthusiasts forum thread about how good of a deal you can get. Great info, but it's pretty far from a poll of average buyers!

Truecar is another source and they suggest about a 2% discount on a new 2017 Carrera or Carrera S is typical but there is a fair bit of variation. I don't think their data is necessarily great but it's another source and would probably strike a bit closer to the real average.
Very true. To some degree, it's luck of the draw -- For instance, I did not get as good a deal on my Land Cruiser, which is relatively hot in my local market.

Originally Posted by planet
Delivery taken, and I am leaving the fine company of the waiting room. Thank you all!

C4S with PDK, Sport Pkg, Premium Plus Pkg (less ventilated seats), Night Blue Metallic with Graphite Blue/Chalk and Sport-Tex, Brushed Aluminum, 18 way seats, Burmester, Glass sunroof, ACC, LCA, other goodies

My dealer said this was the first Carrera they've received with Sport-Tex seats. I'm pretty happy with the look and feel.

Pardon the dirt; I instructed the dealer not to wash the car so I could do it myself in the days to come.

Can't wait for my C4s...I've always loved the wide body. Interior looks slick -- that combo was high on my list for a while.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:55 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats planet!
That interior is quite special! Nick Murray has a C4S incoming, with the same exterior/interior color combo.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:28 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Beautiful car, love the interior. We stop by that Livermore dealership every time we go visit our son in college and stay in Pleasanton.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:49 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Question:

For all of you with recent deliveries.

Did you car come with a plug covering where the rear tow hook goes under the rear license plate? Mine didn't. We thought it was left off but then the dealer checked and said all their cars come without it event though it shows it in the manual.

Pic of GT3 RS that arrived today.
Attached Images     
Old 12-31-2016, 09:56 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

No Plug on mine, just an open hole, as in your pic. It will be covered by the rear plate, so no real issue IMHO. I guess Porsche wanted to save the 25 cents.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:27 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babyjocko
Very nice! Very nice color combo. Congratulations. I see you got illuminated door sills, too. My C4S should be less than one month away.
Not illuminated -- just stainless. Counting the final days till delivery is the worst part.

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Congratulations! That is also the first Sport-Tex interior I have seen, very cool. Long wait, but my guess is you are one happy fellow right now.
I am indeed!

Originally Posted by ace37
Congrats! Also the first photos I've seen of the new interior option. Enjoy your great new car!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by rk-d
Can't wait for my C4s...I've always loved the wide body. Interior looks slick -- that combo was high on my list for a while.
The wide body is awesome. I had 3 cars on my final list, and I was bouncing around them frantically till the end. They were this one (Night Blue with Graphite/Chalk), Sapphire over Black, and GT Silver over Black/Bordeaux. I think they're all great.

Originally Posted by gregv8
Congrats planet! That interior is quite special! Nick Murray has a C4S incoming, with the same exterior/interior color combo.
Thanks, Greg! I was talking with Nick just before our orders locked. IIRC, he was able to get his dealer to put a Sport-Tex Cayman next to a Night Blue 911 and determined that the combination really worked. I wasn't happy with a black interior, and once the Sport-Tex was announced, I was trying to figure out an exterior color to take advantage of it. Night Blue it is.

Nick changed his trim from brushed aluminum to the (graphite) leather. I think that's a pretty good choice because there is noticeable difference between the brushed trim and the door handles and steering wheel trim. I got the GT wheel, which has less shiny trim, but if I was sticking with the non-GT multifinction wheel (like Nick is) then I can really see going with the leather trim.

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Beautiful car, love the interior. We stop by that Livermore dealership every time we go visit our son in college and stay in Pleasanton.
Thanks, Pete. The guys there have been good to work with.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:49 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Question:

For all of you with recent deliveries.

Did you car come with a plug covering where the rear tow hook goes under the rear license plate? Mine didn't. We thought it was left off but then the dealer checked and said all their cars come without it event though it shows it in the manual.

Pic of GT3 RS that arrived today.
Now I know! That hole is for towing?!
I always assumed that was a Porsche Easter egg for some kind of sex toy.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:58 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Counting the final days till delivery is the worst part.
Congrats planet! I agree, I'm up early on NYD because I'm down to hours now. Pickup appointment at 1pm today!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:05 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Sweet! I'm not usually a huge fan of light coloured interiors, your Sport-Tex interior looks sweet. It balances nicely with the rest of your car. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by JustBud
Congrats planet! I agree, I'm up early on NYD because I'm down to hours now. Pickup appointment at 1pm today!
Taking delivery of your new Porsche today.... What an absolutely perfect way to usher in 2017!!

HNY all!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!