Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:57 AM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks I am waiting to get my vessels name
Old 11-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Thanks for posting your photos. That is a beautiful stable!!

It looks like the carmine red will be a departure on your color palette.
Thanks!

Yeah - the previous 2 were not built by me. Agate is a great color, but not my first choice. I'm a bold color kind of guy. If I had the patience, I would have tried to get a PTS done in Sakhir Orange (BMW color).

Old 11-10-2016, 12:53 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Thanks!

Yeah - the previous 2 were not built by me. Agate is a great color, but not my first choice. I'm a bold color kind of guy. If I had the patience, I would have tried to get a PTS done in Sakhir Orange (BMW color).

That's a beautiful combo. My first choice too was PTS orange but I didn't want to wait longer.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Thanks!

It's too bad that I didn't take Atlanta delivery as we could have met for coffee! I do love that color.

I know BMW colors well. I had 6 of them over recent years, the most recent is a 2017 X3 in carbon black. On a sunny day, it gives you a nice hint of dark blue. I'll attach a photo below so you can see it really does look black. That Sakhir orange looks beautiful on a M4. I might have considered a new M4, but after having had the Cayman, I could feel a difference in the cars.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

It's too bad that I didn't take Atlanta delivery as we could have met for coffee! I do love that color.

I know BMW colors well. I had 6 of them over recent years, the most recent is a 2017 X3 in carbon black. On a sunny day, it gives you a nice hint of dark blue. I'll attach a photo below so you can see it really does look black. That Sakhir orange looks beautiful on a M4. I might have considered a new M4, but after having had the Cayman, I could feel a difference in the cars.

I love Carbon Black. Very nice. I have a buddy who has an Azurite Black Metallic. Agree on Sakhir looking great on the 4. My brother has one in said color. Also agree, that while it's a great car, it's very different after driving a Cayman (or Boxster).

Hopefully our paths will cross soon! Sounds like we're two peas. I also dabbled in BMW previously (though not as recent as you). My last was an '11 E90 M3 in Le Mans Blue. A few pics below. At the end, I also included a picture of my brother and I on the Tail of the Dragon about a month ago. Never got around to taking the TT up there, so I'm very excited to take the TTS up and see what PDCC is all about.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:41 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If I had the patience, I would have tried to get a PTS done in Sakhir Orange (BMW color).
Your Lemans Blue E90 M3 was a great car wrapped in a superb color.

You may very well be a "bold color kind of guy." But, IMO, you are also lucky. Because you were prevented from stepping in it by being denied the option of selecting Sakhir Orange for your P car.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by fuddman
Your Lemans Blue E90 M3 was a great car wrapped in a superb color.

You may very well be a "bold color kind of guy." But, IMO, you are also lucky. Because you were prevented from stepping in it by being denied the option of selecting Sakhir Orange for your P car.
Thanks. It definitely was a fantastic car. That engine...

Regarding your statement "But, IMO, you are also lucky. Because you were prevented from stepping in it by being denied the option of selecting Sakhir Orange for your P car.", I don't fully follow. Are you saying Porsche would most likely say no to the Sakhir Orange color?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:45 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you saying Porsche would most likely say no to the Sakhir Orange color?
Yes.
".... PCNA has actually issued a document on 6/4/2012 which told dealers of PTS colors that they have already tested and pre-approved."

That's from this guys thread which has a lot of info about the PTS program.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Then, again, what's that old saw? .......o yes - money talks.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by fuddman
Yes.
".... PCNA has actually issued a document on 6/4/2012 which told dealers of PTS colors that they have already tested and pre-approved."

That's from this guys thread which has a lot of info about the PTS program.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Then, again, what's that old saw? .......o yes - money talks.
Fair point. I've read some of that thread in the past. Again - patience is a virtue I don't have enough of.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 PM
mforestier
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jenner
Assuming the typical Porsche date padding based on the dates you posted I expect that your delivery week @ PEC will fall the first week of January.
Jenner, you are prophetic. You were spot on. I proclaim you as Porsche's Nostradamus. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:42 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

My car goes into production today! At least it's planned for today! Just excited! I've been waiting 35 years for this, so I am going a bit overboard!

Old 11-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustBud
My car goes into production today! At least it's planned for today! Just excited! I've been waiting 35 years for this, so I am going a bit overboard!

Congrats on your build! It's exciting and time will only slow down from this point on.

What's being built?
Old 11-11-2016, 01:49 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Congrats on your build! It's exciting and time will only slow down from this point on.

What's being built?
Thank you!

Base Carrera, PDK, no sunroof.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXYEY56

Originally was leaning towards graphite/chalk interior but I think basic black suits the tone (no pun intended) of the build better
Old 11-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustBud
Thank you!

Base Carrera, PDK, no sunroof.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXYEY56

Originally was leaning towards graphite/chalk interior but I think basic black suits the tone (no pun intended) of the build better
Nice build and like that blue with the black rims. Actually, I like that blue with any of the rims. I haven't seen it in person, but the photos posted make it look like a color that changes with lighting. I like that.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a screen shot of where the THEBEN is as of a few minutes ago. It is due into Halifax on the 14th, from there it is usally about 2-3 weeks until I would see it. It comes across Canada by train. On the delivery of our Box-S a few years back, I was able to get a screen shot from a webcam in Halifax of the that particular ship pulling into the Harbor.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!