Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
The one I'm in the process of ordering will be my 8th and I'll be clicking refresh every 10 seconds after it sails.
Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
I am ashamed to admit this but - at the office, I have a double screen - with the right set to the ship and it was a terrible moment when it was no longer being tracked in real time with the non subscription based version haha.
Sounds like this takes as much commitment as a fantasy baseball addiction.

Last edited by Al.Fresco; 10-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
A very empty feeling, is it not? But I will resist again paying the all access fee!
Yes. I'm not usually like this - but I guess the car brought out the demon in me.

A friend of mine ordered a Lambo Hurrican and had to wait 9 months - and he was told 9 months on the day of order.

I can't even IMAGINE how he handled that.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:11 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=budrichard;13693228]
Originally Posted by randr

This little beauty was ordered in August (C2S with PASM, RAS and PDK plus a whole range of other goodies, note head light washers will be painted gloss black)
VIN number assigned
Build scheduled for 1st week in November

Rear - tail pipes will be gloss black

Sport Exhaust Tailpipes (2) not available in Gloss or any Black.
Sport Tailpipes (4) only in Black.
Ask me how I know?-Richard
The dealer is getting mine done for so basically an after market coating prior to delivery. What happened with yours?
Old 10-23-2016, 09:21 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Anyone here have that software subscription to track a vessel? The Hoegh Bangkok is carrying my car but haven't seen any updates in a while. Original schedule showed it should have docked today. A few days into the journey it showed it was coming in Yesterday (21st). Now it shows tomorrow at 8am. But last update was the 19th. First time ever tracking a ship like this - and was wondering if its normal for there to be a 2 day difference in travel? Possibly due to water? I always assumed it was like an airplane with a scheduled time on the day and approximate time originally put down. Thoughts? https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-258720000

Bradley the carrier won't be able to dock until Monday morning - they can't upload cars on Saturday or Sunday because the workers aren't there to do it, so rather than incur rocking fees they stay in international water or off the coast until Monday morning.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:20 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=randr;13694313]
Originally Posted by budrichard

The dealer is getting mine done for so basically an after market coating prior to delivery. What happened with yours?
There are three Porsche blacks as options.
Black, Matte and Gloss. Gloss black simply not an option for my exhaust.
I have Gloss Black washers and wanted a match to my washers and Gloss Black wheels..
Really doesn't make a difference.
I'd like to see the black your dealer provides.-Richard
Old 10-23-2016, 12:18 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Hoegh Bangkok is carrying my car but haven't seen any updates in a while. Original schedule showed it should have docked today. A few days into the journey it showed it was coming in Yesterday (21st). Now it shows tomorrow at 8am. But last update was the 19th.
Looks like we are in the same boat!

Who doesn't love a good pun. I too was too cheap for the satellite tracking. I wonder how long until the car is offloaded and makes it to my dealer in MD
Old 10-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by b-thumper
Looks like we are in the same boat!

Who doesn't love a good pun. I too was too cheap for the satellite tracking. I wonder how long until the car is offloaded and makes it to my dealer in MD
That makes us neighbors!

Who's your dealership?

Is this docking tomorrow per vesselfinder or tuesday per marintraffic?
Old 10-23-2016, 12:40 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

That makes us neighbors!

Who's your dealership?

Is this docking tomorrow per vesselfinder or tuesday per marintraffic?
Your guess is as good as mine on the docking info. Part of me wants to go cycle by the port. There is a nice bike path through there and you get to see all kinds of interesting porsches sitting out on the ramp area.

As for my dealer, I'm at Porsche of Silver Spring. I got to see my car in Europe as part of European Delivery, so part of the suspense has been spoiled, but I'm still excited since it's my first Porsche AND in my favorite color.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Your guess is as good as mine on the docking info. Part of me wants to go cycle by the port. There is a nice bike path through there and you get to see all kinds of interesting porsches sitting out on the ramp area.

As for my dealer, I'm at Porsche of Silver Spring. I got to see my car in Europe as part of European Delivery, so part of the suspense has been spoiled, but I'm still excited since it's my first Porsche AND in my favorite color.
I would love to go take a look as well - just to review the process and see the cars coming off the ship would be a nice experience.

My porsche is my first as well. I apologize in advance if you already posted the details of yours - what are you getting? As for me a 4S Sapphire Blue over Bordeaux Black Interior.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:14 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

I would love to go take a look as well - just to review the process and see the cars coming off the ship would be a nice experience.

My porsche is my first as well. I apologize in advance if you already posted the details of yours - what are you getting? As for me a 4S Sapphire Blue over Bordeaux Black Interior.
I ended up in a C2S (manual trans) in PTS Nogaro Blue over Black interior and no sunroof!

Annoyingly, had to break up sport package to get the alcantara bits how I wanted them.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I ended up in a C2S (manual trans) in PTS Nogaro Blue over Black interior and no sunroof!

Annoyingly, had to break up sport package to get the alcantara bits how I wanted them.
Wow I love that blue. Congrats! I broke up sports package as well because I did not want PSE. I know that's pretty controversial but I live in a quiet neighborhood and I test drove a 991.2 without PSE and i thought it was plenty loud and in sport mode, even louder. I don't understand what everyone is talking about when they say the turbo has silenced the the sound. Not to toot my own horn but my ears have perfect pitch since childhood. I can hear a song from another room and go to a piano and play it note for note. I trust my ears completely and I most definitely heard a lovely exhaust note from inside and outside the car.

Here's my build!

Old 10-23-2016, 02:16 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Nice build! Especially the black with Bordeaux Red. You're also within a couple hundred dollars of my build. I agree that the sport exhaust is loud. It gets quieter after the cold-start cycle ends, but I too have concerns about the noise in my neighborhood, but I still sprung for it. Hopefully I don't get too many complaints!
Old 10-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Nice build! Especially the black with Bordeaux Red. You're also within a couple hundred dollars of my build. I agree that the sport exhaust is loud. It gets quieter after the cold-start cycle ends, but I too have concerns about the noise in my neighborhood, but I still sprung for it. Hopefully I don't get too many complaints!
Did your dealer tell u how long approximately from time of port entry till you get your car? How long is the prep work they do? etc
Old 10-23-2016, 02:46 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Did your dealer tell u how long approximately from time of port entry till you get your car? How long is the prep work they do? etc
Nope, they didn't say and I'm not chasing them only because my new garage isn't done yet
Old 10-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Nope, they didn't say and I'm not chasing them only because my new garage isn't done yet
I was told November 4. I can't believe that's possible if the ship arrives on 10/25 - offloaded - gets to dealer to prep - shouldnt take 10 days.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!