HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:29 AM
gurneyeagle
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Congrats!

Brings up an important point. The main goal of this thread is to educate and give a prospective buyer a snapshot into the current used 991 market.

This isn't cars.com that will list every 991 for sale in the US. I try and post some really unique and well priced cars which are gems that many Rennlisters have bought. Although, most followers here have done their own searching and have found cars on their own more often than not.

If you happen to find a car listed here which meets your wants, great! Most of the comments I get is how helpful this thread is in making better educated and wise purchases in their own searches.

There's too much to know with options, car history, CPO process, buying remotely, and dealing with dealer misinformation. Not to mention, what truly is a fair price. With having specific wants in a car, you might have to settle for a great deal instead of an unbelievable one which is fine. So instead of saving $40K off MSRP, you're saving $35K. At that point you're doing well either way. Look at the big picture. When that car comes up that you've been searching a year for, you may have to be a bit flexible in what you're wanting to pay. Is saving another $3-5K worth waiting another year for another car that may or may not come up?

I'm going on two years of looking at the market, and there are certain special cars I've seen come up for sale only once. Had those been my "ideal build", I'd still be looking. Just be flexible too, holding out for one of the less important options won't make your car less special. Especially if it's something that can be easily added/changed out.

Happy searching!
Well said sir!

It boggles my mind that someone would come on this thread and complain. In less than a year, this thread has become the most popular on the forum.

It's not cars.com. it's about highlighting some great deals. As such, it's subjective. We can all go to the market place thread, or do our own web searches for a more comprehensive search.

This is supposed to be fun. Mr. STG991 spends a great deal of his time providing us with the bulk of he posts here. He's taken a "hobby" and decided to share for our benefit.

I and many other people, have expressed appreciation for his efforts, and will continue to do so. This s one of the first things I read every day.

I really like the fact that others have begun to share great deals they stumble upon; the more the merrier. I have certainly benefited from this thread.

Let's keep it positive and fun.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:41 AM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats!

Brings up an important point. The main goal of this thread is to educate and give a prospective buyer a snapshot into the current used 991 market.

This isn't cars.com that will list every 991 for sale in the US. I try and post some really unique and well priced cars which are gems that many Rennlisters have bought. Although, most followers here have done their own searching and have found cars on their own more often than not.

If you happen to find a car listed here which meets your wants, great! Most of the comments I get is how helpful this thread is in making better educated and wise purchases in their own searches.

There's too much to know with options, car history, CPO process, buying remotely, and dealing with dealer misinformation. Not to mention, what truly is a fair price. With having specific wants in a car, you might have to settle for a great deal instead of an unbelievable one which is fine. So instead of saving $40K off MSRP, you're saving $35K. At that point you're doing well either way. Look at the big picture. When that car comes up that you've been searching a year for, you may have to be a bit flexible in what you're wanting to pay. Is saving another $3-5K worth waiting another year for another car that may or may not come up?

I'm going on two years of looking at the market, and there are certain special cars I've seen come up for sale only once. Had those been my "ideal build", I'd still be looking. Just be flexible too, holding out for one of the less important options won't make your car less special. Especially if it's something that can be easily added/changed out.

Happy searching!
+1

I didn't think I'd ever want a red car, especially not a red 911, but based on the information in this thread, I realized what a smoking deal I would be passing on, and now that I have it, I've come to love Guards Red.

STG, you're the man!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:52 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks guys. Brings up another good point. Sometimes it's good getting pushed out of your comfort zone. Seeing all these great cars opens up ones horizons.

Guards Red wasn't one that would come to the top of my personal list, but seeing some of the nice ones like gbree's and X2Board's, I've seen the light! I love black accents on Guards too like wheels, badges, headlights.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 AM
STG
Race Director

A classic!

Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 AM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Honestly, I've read this thread every day for probably 6 months. It really helped me decide my 'market price' (which is quite different than some dealers!) based on real-world numbers and real-world cars people were buying. BTW--I used this info and examples here to negotiate a great deal--ended up at $44K off the original MSRP...
Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM
911Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT Silver and a sweet build. No CPO unfortunately, but only 10K miles.

PDCC and SPASM. PDK & Sport Chrono.
Absolutely sweet config. If anyone else isn't jumping on it, I'd like to inquire w/ the dealer.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:47 PM
AtlantaPerimeter
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a CPO and $110K MSRP.

991 C2S

Nothing wrong with a little Cognac with a CPO as a chaser is there?? Only 6K miles!

https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...etallic+531698
Another sweet CPO and under $80K!

PDCC, SPASM, PDK, and Sport Chrono!

ONLY 10K miles !!!

https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...3+Black+531699

Thank you for the kind words! We try very hard to price aggressively and hope to offer some RL'ers a great deal!
Old 02-25-2016, 02:00 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AtlantaPerimeter
Thank you for the kind words! We try very hard to price aggressively and hope to offer some RL'ers a great deal!
Thanks for the message. Nice cars. Jealous of you guys having PCNA as your neighbors!

Please give us a contact name/number for Rennlisters to follow up with. One of them was trying to work out a deal with the used Agate GTS cab you have but unfortunately, you guys couldn't agree on a price.

You guys do get great cars. Start hooking up some followers here. We have ALOT of guys looking for cars here.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911Enthusiast
Absolutely sweet config. If anyone else isn't jumping on it, I'd like to inquire w/ the dealer.
Go for it. Early bird gets the Carrera S!
Old 02-25-2016, 02:11 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Go for it. Early bird gets the Carrera S!
Absolutely. I got an alert from CarGurus about the S, the saleman at the dealership did not even know about it yet. Was still in New Mexico waiting to be transported to Dallas...
Old 02-25-2016, 02:33 PM
AtlantaPerimeter
Former Vendor

Thanks for the message. Nice cars. Jealous of you guys having PCNA as your neighbors!

Please give us a contact name/number for Rennlisters to follow up with. One of them was trying to work out a deal with the used Agate GTS cab you have but unfortunately, you guys couldn't agree on a price.

You guys do get great cars. Start hooking up some followers here. We have ALOT of guys looking for cars here.
I hate to hear that. I'd love to try and help in the future.

Fellas,
My name is Gene McClure and I've been on Rennlist for the last 10 years or so. Previously I was just an enthusiast until I made it up to being a Porsche Technician. After reaching my Gold Master status with Porsche and now have moved to Sales.
I'll gladly help with any issue or questions fellow members have. My cel phone is 706-455-4885 or you can email me at GeneM@JimEllis.com.
Another great member here also uses the login names Chris Fifie. He is a Marine and a great salesman. He can be reached at ChrisF@JimEllis.com and either one of us will help you guys out on price or questions.

Last edited by AtlantaPerimeter; 02-25-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:34 PM
shellbmb
Advanced

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=136169358

Not CPO, but 30k off sticker for a GTS. Asking 104k. If it weren't PDK, I'd be interested.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by shellbmb
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=136169358

Not CPO, but 30k off sticker for a GTS. Asking 104k. If it weren't PDK, I'd be interested.

I'd probably be buying this right now if it wasn't PDK.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:02 PM
TD Pcar
Advanced

Says it all????<br/><br/>Manual, PDCC, SPASM, SC, PSE, and no sunroof. Throw in 18 ways and Burmester. Oh, a CPO warranty too!

http://www.porscheofsanantonio.com/c...f8be4d7676.htm

Love this - unique build and clean for a 2 owner car, at my local dealer too - just hit the lot 3 months too soon...
Old 02-25-2016, 03:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AtlantaPerimeter
I hate to hear that. I'd love to try and help in the future.

Fellas,
My name is Gene McClure and I've been on Rennlist for the last 10 years or so. Previously I was just an enthusiast until I made it up to being a Porsche Technician. After reaching my Gold Master status with Porsche and now have moved to Sales.
I'll gladly help with any issue or questions fellow members have. My cel phone is 706-455-4885 or you can email me at GeneM@JimEllis.com.
Another great member here also uses the login names Chris Fifie. He is a Marine and a great salesman. He can be reached at ChrisF@JimEllis.com and either one of us will help you guys out on price or questions.
Hey Gene,

What a great story working up from a tech and going into sales. You mean a sales guy that actually knows something about the cars he's selling??? A rare thing these days.

Thanks for the into, and hopefully some Rennlisters take advantage of having a great contact like yourself. We have some great Porsche contacts here throughout the US. Dealers get bad reps many times (which they bring on themselves), but we shouldn't forget about the select few great ones out there too.

Don't be a stranger.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991