Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 01:38 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
So I was able to find the Over Rev Range Report for my 981 Cayman. The menu is slightly different between the 981, 982 & 991.2 models, yet its there!

My question is regarding the reported "Operating hours" . My Over Revs are minor yet they are being reported at 1.3 "h" or hours? That seems really early on in my cars life, and I was very deliberate not to exceed 4200 RPM during the "Break-In" period. So is the reported time really hours? Or a factor like "Hours x 100" .... something like that??

On mine I don't have hours on the rev range, I have "low"? Anyone have any idea what that means?

Also, do control unit hours mean hours the control unit has power, or does it mean the control unit (DME) is powered on with electricity, but not nessairly the engine running? Reason I ask is if I divide my Hours / Miles, the average car speed is 5.5 mph, which means a lot of idling time, which is not the case.

Old 02-15-2024, 05:57 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyxc
On mine I don't have hours on the rev range, I have "low"? Anyone have any idea what that means?

Also, do control unit hours mean hours the control unit has power, or does it mean the control unit (DME) is powered on with electricity, but not nessairly the engine running? Reason I ask is if I divide my Hours / Miles, the average car speed is 5.5 mph, which means a lot of idling time, which is not the case.

Strange becuase car shows total of 1668 hours so the 6942 for overspeed range 1 can't be hours. Do the miles match your gauge 9321 total miles?

Old 02-15-2024, 07:48 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Strange becuase car shows total of 1668 hours so the 6942 for overspeed range 1 can't be hours. Do the miles match your gauge 9321 total miles?
Yup, the gauge matches the miles exactly in this tool 9321 miles exactly.

Maybe the 1668 hours is power on the control unit (not engine running)? And 6942 over range hours is min, but than would mean 116 hours at or close to redline, which doesn't really make sense either, if the car has an average speed of 5.5 miles an hour (9321 miles / 1668 hours =5.5 mph), 116 hours at redline would not make sense

Something is off with this scan. On top of that, car wear definitely does not match 1668 hours, and CPO'd in 2020 with 7000 miles. Original brake pads, and what appears to be front tires.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:16 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyxc
Yup, the gauge matches the miles exactly in this tool 9321 miles exactly.

Maybe the 1668 hours is power on the control unit (not engine running)? And 6942 over range hours is min, but than would mean 116 hours at or close to redline, which doesn't really make sense either, if the car has an average speed of 5.5 miles an hour (9321 miles / 1668 hours =5.5 mph), 116 hours at redline would not make sense

Something is off with this scan. On top of that, car wear definitely does not match 1668 hours, and CPO'd in 2020 with 7000 miles. Original brake pads, and what appears to be front tires.
I think the overrange hours is when it happened last not how long the overrange lasted. Not 100% on that but someone else will chime in.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:29 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I think the overrange hours is when it happened last not how long the overrange lasted. Not 100% on that but someone else will chime in.
Yeah you're right, I read that somewhere, just can't make sense of the numbers. I've hit close to redline every drive.

I did some digging on all the other modules.

The Gateway Module (whatever that is), and Triptronic Module both read 9321.6 Miles, and 325 Hour, makes sense.(9321 / 325 = 26.4 mph), which is the average speed of a car on average in the USA.

The Gage Cluster module reads 9321.6 Miles, but more hours (~400 hours). I suspect it log hours everytime it's powered on, vs the others, only when the engine is "ON".

So something is up with the DME module reading on GT3RS anyway. Never the less very cool tool for $90 bucks,

Last edited by Indyxc; 02-15-2024 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:56 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
According to the owner's manual for my car, the car must be traveling greater than 60 kph to enable HBA and it will turn itself off if the car is traveling less than 35 kph. See if you can find the codes that set those parameters so you can reduce those speeds.
on my car I have to push the stalk forward for auto high beams. i wish I didn't have to do that every time I drive.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:54 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrey
on my car I have to push the stalk forward for auto high beams. i wish I didn't have to do that every time I drive.
I only have plds on my car. However, based on what I have read you are correct that you have to push the stalk forward to enable HBA each time you start your car. You can look to see if coding can change this but this might be hardware related.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:26 PM
Ken718B
Banned

In case anyone does want to try changing the activation/deactivation speed for HBA, I saw this on the Macan forum:

Front Camera --> lower_speed_threshold_for_main_beam_on
Front Camera --> lower_speed_threshold_for_main_beam_off

The poster mentions translating from German so my guess is he was using a PIWIS so the codes may be different with a thinkdiag but these should be pretty close.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:01 PM
Ken718B
Banned

I did return the CRP919X and purchased a Thinkdiag. I have only had it for a couple days but so far, it appears that I can do the same coding on it as the CRP919X for about one fourth the cost.

The only thing I do not like is the codes on the CRP919X included the module that the code was from. Whereas the similar screen from the Thinkdiag does not indicate the module that the code was from. This is not a deal killer for me but I thought I would ask if there is a setting or something else that can be changed to display the module.

Last edited by Ken718B; 02-17-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:40 PM
SpeedCircuit
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Bearings?

I changed/increased the max boost scale so its not maxed out so quickly.

Instrument Cluster > code/brushing > Rule coding > Further coding > max boost pressure - changed from 1.2 bar (default - 17 psi) to 1.4 bar (20 psi)

PERFECT. This is what I was looking for. My PIWIS is the wrong version to allow this.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:22 AM
Ken718B
Banned

I am looking for the code to turn off power to the USB in my 718 after I turn the car off. I believe it will continue to provide power to the USB port for 30 minutes. The reason is that I have a Carlinkit and it will continue to connect my Iphone to Carplay even though I am no longer in the car. I am fine with dropping it to 1 minute.

I found the code below that looked promising based on the name of the code. However, the value is 20 rather than 30. Also, the unit is "low" rather than minutes. Anyone know what low refers to? I guess it is possible that this code does something else but I did not find anything else that looked applicable.
Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2024, 12:13 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 689 Likes on 343 Posts

I am looking for the code to turn off power to the USB in my 718 after I turn the car off. I believe it will continue to provide power to the USB port for 30 minutes. The reason is that I have a Carlinkit and it will continue to connect my Iphone to Carplay even though I am no longer in the car. I am fine with dropping it to 1 minute.

I found the code below that looked promising based on the name of the code. However, the value is 20 rather than 30. Also, the unit is "low" rather than minutes. Anyone know what low refers to? I guess it is possible that this code does something else but I did not find anything else that looked applicable.
Is this "Time" adjustable thru the multifunction display? Meaning you can choose "Low", Medium" or 'High" for the amount of "Socket Run on time after Terminal 15 off"?

Then what is "Terminal 15" ? The interior lights? So the socket stay "on" for 20? after the "Terminal 15" times out....???

My only suggestion is to try it and see what happens. If its not what you want, change it back.

Old 02-18-2024, 04:03 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Is this "Time" adjustable thru the multifunction display? Meaning you can choose "Low", Medium" or 'High" for the amount of "Socket Run on time after Terminal 15 off"?

Then what is "Terminal 15" ? The interior lights? So the socket stay "on" for 20? after the "Terminal 15" times out....???

My only suggestion is to try it and see what happens. If its not what you want, change it back.

I do not see any way to adjust this parameter in the MFD. I have come across this before. I am pretty sure that "Terminal 15 off" is Porsche speak for the car being off.

The default code is 20 low. I just have no idea what 20 low means. I have attached the input screen. It says "Please enter the range 0 to 255 ‘S 10 Hexadecimal Number". Does this mean the value is seconds? If so, why does the main screen say the unit is low if it is seconds? Also, if the run-on is 20 seconds, this is probably not the code I am looking for.

An unrelated topic, I mentioned that I had switched my CRP919X for a Thinkdiag. However I was unable to install the Thinkdiag app from the app store. I found and sideloaded version 3.0.1 of the Thinkdiag App and it is working. However, it looks like the latest version of the app is 3.0.2. Can someone confirm that for me? What is new in the update? Can someone give me a link to the updated app so I can install it?

In addition, what is everyone planning to do when their one year period expires? It looks like the cost to update is as much as I paid for the unit.

Finally, the description of the thinkdiag that I purchased said that it has remote diagnosis capabiilties. Here is the quote from the listing:

"4. Remote diagnosis: If you encounter any problems during use, you can ask a friend who also owns this product to help you solve it remotely."

Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, how this is done? I could not find anything in the app. I have a message into the seller asking what this is and how to use it.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ken718B; 02-19-2024 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:17 PM
thegenius
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

I do not see any way to adjust this parameter in the MFD. I have come across this before. I am pretty sure that "Terminal 15 off" is Porsche speak for the car being off.

The default code is 20 low. I just have no idea what 20 low means. I have attached the input screen. It says "Please enter the range 0 to 255 S Hexadecimal Number". Does this mean the value is seconds? If so, why does the main screen say the unit is low if it is seconds? Also, if the run-on is 20 seconds, this is probably not the code I am looking for.

An unrelated topic, I mentioned that I had switched my CRP919X for a Thinkdiag. However I was unable to install the Thinkdiag app from the app store. I found and sideloaded version 3.0.1 of the Thinkdiag App and it is working. However, it looks like the latest version of the app is 3.0.2. Can someone confirm that for me? What is new in the update? Can someone give me a link to the updated app so I can install it?

In addition, what is everyone planning to do when their one year period expires? It looks like the cost to update is as much as I paid for the unit.

Finally, the description of the thinkdiag that I purchased said that it has remote diagnosis capabiilties. Here is the quote from the listing:

"4. Remote diagnosis: If you encounter any problems during use, you can ask a friend who also owns this product to help you solve it remotely."

Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, how this is done? I could not find anything in the app. I have a message into the seller asking what this is and how to use it.
20 in hexadecimal = 32 in decimal
Old 02-19-2024, 11:56 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by thegenius
20 in hexadecimal = 32 in decimal
Thank you. I think the next step is to figure out exactly how long before the USB port shuts off. If it is 32 minutes then that suggests this is the correct code. Still odd that you would input 20 in order to change the shutoff to 32 minutes.

Anyone have answers to my other questions:

1. Current version of the thinkdiag app? Can someone send me the apk or a link to the apk of the current version?

2. What is everyone planning to do when their one year period expires? It looks like the cost to update is as much as I paid for the unit.

3. The listing of the thinkdiag that I purchased said that it has remote diagnosis capabilities. Here is the quote from the listing:

Note: The seller initially responded to me and said that the unit does not have remote diagnosis. When I quoted the above language from the listing he said that he is looking into that language and will get back to me.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic