Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 12:22 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Thanks again. I will look today to see if I can find where to disable Production Mode.

I am also using a Carlinkit. I know skip to next track does not work with car play while using carlinkit and am pretty sure it also does not work if wired. What year is your car? I am pretty sure this only affects older 718s. I haven't found anyone with a new 718 that has this issue.
Mine was 2021. Let’s discuss this in the other thread.
Old 01-06-2024, 02:25 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankfurt1470

· Seatbelt Chime off after 4x (Warning still in Cluster Display)
Please share how you coded this. Mine are currently disabled but I may like your option better.
Old 01-06-2024, 03:22 PM
thegenius
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Maybe someone else who has used ThinkDiag can confirm if the coding menus on the app match the ones you listed on your PDF. I'm hoping so but won't know until I get the unit next week.
They match. I just used many of the listed items. The PDF that Ken718B and Croc 2.0 created should be pinned somewhere at the top of the 991 forum.

Last edited by thegenius; 01-06-2024 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
The following users liked this post:
911T4ME (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 04:42 PM
Frankfurt1470
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Please share how you coded this. Mine are currently disabled but I may like your option better.
Funny you should pick this one. My initial plan was to disable the chimes completely, and I followed the following instructions:

Disable Seat Belt Warnings (done and works)

This allows you to disable the seat belt warnings and chimes. There are either 1 or 4 params to change, depending on your preferences. Change all four codes to completely disable all of the belt warnings and chimes. Change only the last one to simply kill the chimes without affecting the lights and warnings.

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Driver seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Passenger seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--USA seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Acoustic belt warning (Not USA, not Canada) = 0 {Default: 1}

I only changed the last parameter, even though it said “not USA”.

And don’t ask me why, but now I get four chimes and then it stops. The warning in the dashboard still shows up.

By coincidence, it’s exactly what I wanted. Switching them off completely would’ve been also OK, but I like the reminder, just, not the constant nanny state.
Old 01-06-2024, 05:13 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Funny you should pick this one. My initial plan was to disable the chimes completely, and I followed the following instructions:

Disable Seat Belt Warnings (done and works)

This allows you to disable the seat belt warnings and chimes. There are either 1 or 4 params to change, depending on your preferences. Change all four codes to completely disable all of the belt warnings and chimes. Change only the last one to simply kill the chimes without affecting the lights and warnings.

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Driver seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Passenger seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--USA seatbelt warning = 0 {Default: 1}

Instrument Cluster: Coding value--Coding byte 2--Acoustic belt warning (Not USA, not Canada) = 0 {Default: 1}

I only changed the last parameter, even though it said “not USA”.

And don’t ask me why, but now I get four chimes and then it stops. The warning in the dashboard still shows up.

By coincidence, it’s exactly what I wanted. Switching them off completely would’ve been also OK, but I like the reminder, just, not the constant nanny state.
Thank you but I thought you had come up with a different way of doing it. What threw me off is that I I did not remember that it gave four chimes. My recollection was that coding only the last item disabled the chimes. I guess iI was wrong. It doesn't kill them completely since you are saying you still get four chimes Thank you for letting me know.

I would be good with four chimes and no warnings but I don't think that is possible.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:57 PM
Frankfurt1470
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry, I was just following the masters instructions.

In my 991.2 changing this parameter led to four chimes. And just for the record, thank you for your great work.

Last edited by Frankfurt1470; 01-06-2024 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:06 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Sorry, I was just following the masters instructions.

In my 991.2 changing this parameter lead to four chimes. And just for the record, thank you for your great work.
No need to be sorry. Thank you for pointing that out. I will revise the instructions coding just the last item gives four chimes.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:37 PM
LFB
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Any suggestions for this connection issue?
  • New ThinkDiag module with 2 years of service
  • New Lenovo M9 tablet running Android v13 - still had to sideload the .apk file for ThinkDiag, v2.6.0
    • Can't seem to load v3.0 - anyone have a link to the .apk for a sideload of this updated version?
  • Had to do the firmware fix out of the box
  • After the firmware fix, connects and talks to my 2017 Cayenne (958.2) - successfully coded comfort open/close of the windows
  • Does not connect to my 2018 991.2 - can't auto identify, and if I manually go to any of the modules, it thinks they aren't installed

Any suggestions for getting this hardware/firmware/software to talk to my 991.2?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2024, 09:48 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Two questions I am looking for help on:

1. Has anyone successfully coded their windows to be completely down after opening the convertible top. If I set the codes for Close Window after opening top to no, the windows do not go completely down. Instead, they remain at ¾ up position that the windows went to when the top started going down. Let me know. In looking for a solution, I found the following code. Does anyone know what this code does? It is currently set to Not Active on my car:Driver’s Door: Coding Power window 2 – Power Windows 2- Global Open Close

2. On the Rennlist site, they say that coding the PCM with a PIWIS often causes the PCM to go dark and it is necessary to deactivate Production Mode to turn the screen back on. In corresponding with @718socal he said when coding with a Thinkdiag or X431 we may or may not experience the same issue with the screen going dark. Has anyone made changes to the PCM with a Thinkdiag or X431? If so, did the screen go dark? Were you able to deactivate Production Mode with your Thinkdiag or X431 (it is in the PCM system)?

Final question: If no one has done this, is there anyone who has access to both an X431 (or Thinkdiag) and a PIWIS that is willing to try this since @718socal said that he knows that Production Mode can be deactivated with a PIWIS.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:15 PM
thegenius
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LFB
Any suggestions for this connection issue?
  • New ThinkDiag module with 2 years of service
  • New Lenovo M9 tablet running Android v13 - still had to sideload the .apk file for ThinkDiag, v2.6.0
    • Can't seem to load v3.0 - anyone have a link to the .apk for a sideload of this updated version?
  • Had to do the firmware fix out of the box
  • After the firmware fix, connects and talks to my 2017 Cayenne (958.2) - successfully coded comfort open/close of the windows
  • Does not connect to my 2018 991.2 - can't auto identify, and if I manually go to any of the modules, it thinks they aren't installed

Any suggestions for getting this hardware/firmware/software to talk to my 991.2?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure v3.0 will make a difference but you can download it here: ThinkDiag+ on Windows PC Download Free - 3.0.0 - com.us.thinkdiag.plus (appsonwindows.com)
Also with that same link, for those who don't want to bother with an Android tablet, you can download an Android simulator for a Windows PC (BlueStacks) and install the app.

For the issue connecting to your car, check the obvious things like the adapter is properly plugged in (give it a good push), that the key is in the ignition, that you have a wifi connection for your tablet...
Old 01-07-2024, 09:13 PM
iamheretolurk
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone used thinkdiag to disable/delete the rear wing or change the chassis/trim type to AeroKit (so it doesn't look for the rear wing setup)?
Also, for a C4/C4S/GTS, center light bar delete? Putting a gt3 bumper and wing on (:
Old 01-07-2024, 10:27 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by iamheretolurk
Has anyone used thinkdiag to disable/delete the rear wing or change the chassis/trim type to AeroKit (so it doesn't look for the rear wing setup)?
Also, for a C4/C4S/GTS, center light bar delete? Putting a gt3 bumper and wing on (:
Not sure you can complete disable the auto raise on the tail but there is an option to change the speed that activates it. If you look for PDF that is attached on this thread there are details
Old 01-07-2024, 11:20 PM
LFB
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thegenius
Not sure v3.0 will make a difference but you can download it here: ThinkDiag+ on Windows PC Download Free - 3.0.0 - com.us.thinkdiag.plus (appsonwindows.com)
Also with that same link, for those who don't want to bother with an Android tablet, you can download an Android simulator for a Windows PC (BlueStacks) and install the app.

For the issue connecting to your car, check the obvious things like the adapter is properly plugged in (give it a good push), that the key is in the ignition, that you have a wifi connection for your tablet...
thanks for the help! Updated to v3.0, and also discovered that one side of my garage has less WiFi coverage than the other. Not sure which was the fix, but with v3.0 and 2 bars of WiFi rather than 1 bar, it now connects to my 991.2.

For the first round of coding, added comfort windows from the remote, and tried disabling the manual transmission upshift arrow in the cluster (no test drive yet to confirm). Noticed that the steering calibration options on my car (a GT3) include only 991.2, 981.2, and 982 GT variants, with one exception - the lone 991.1 steering variant I can choose is the 911R.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:39 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by iamheretolurk
You may also want to reach out to @sanher747 . He is the expert regarding the spoiler on the 718. Maybe he knows the answer to your question.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:55 AM
biggreek
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 65 Posts

Ordered mine, came in relatively quickly. I got the "Think diag2". I work on a lot of GM stuff too and it would be nice to have that capability for the new stuff. It was still 100ish, shipped.

So, I got in and immediately dug in. Im used to the VW side with VCDS (VAGCOM), so it was easy for me to catch on. Its a shame there's no support for the Porsche stuff, on that. Anyways... I programmed the windows, the coolant curve, a few other odds and ends. But I couldn't get the DRL function to work with the headlights. I could turn the DRL off completely, but not turn on with the headlights. Has anyone run into this?

Also, I've seen the GT3 steering setting, it seems that the GT3 option isnt available for my car? It only shows C2/4, C2S/C4S, and a bunch of other options like, "Top" or "Manufacture defined".

One more thing (I promise). I activated the Expert menu in the cluster. I didn't really dig into the settings and such. What do the different check boxes do? I see it's in German, and I'm sure I could figure it out, given time. I'm not at the car now, I have to work for a living I guess 😂, and didn't have time to fool around with that last night.

I'm in a 2017 GTS, so a .2. I know options and setting are different from the .1 experiences.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic