Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 04:23 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrey
Got mine today and it's a bit confusing to figure out but I think I'm getting the hang of it. So far I have only done the following:
  1. Done:
    1. Oil Level - Show level as four segments in the instrument panel
    2. Windows - Open/Close Windows with key fob
      1. Not sure if you can auto close sunroof or not
  2. Need to try or do:
    1. Performance Display/Torque Display
      1. Already have G Force Menu
    2. Display Accurate Coolant Temperature
    3. Remember Last State of Auto Stop/Start ***
  3. Wish I could change
    1. Auto High Beams without pushing stalk every time
  1. Done:
    3. Performance Display/Torque Display
    4. Remember Last State of Auto Stop/Start ***
  2. Need to try or do:
    1. Display Accurate Coolant Temperature
    2. Sport Chrono Illumination - Need to find the setting
  3. Wish I could change
Old 01-27-2024, 06:01 PM
LFB
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
The new Sublime 911 S/T doesn't have rear steer, and its not just for the handful of pounds it adds to the curb weight, it adds an artificial feeling that isn't liked by most purists.

On the track it probably results in a few tenths so if your paycheck depends on extracting a few tenths out of every lap, go ahead and option your car, otherwise keep it simple.
If you feel that way, ThinkDiag will let you choose your own adventure - granted the alignment, rear sta-bar, and steering ratio haven’t been tuned to suit RAS disabled, but as we are all seeing, once the hardware is there, Porsche seems to always leave the option toggle it off.

Last edited by LFB; 01-27-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:04 PM
LFB
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am finding that after <30 days and <10 successful uses, my ThinkDiag dongle has gone flaky. Always connects to my tablet every time. Fails to connect to my cars >50% of the time. I have tried a variety of random methods of compressing the housing, pushing/pulling it in the OBD socket to improve contact, etc. Seems like I am going to have to contact them for a replacement.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:17 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Tried using the replacement they FINALLY got around to sending me... and the software throws a license failed error.

If/when this damned thing ever works I'm hoping it'll be good. But that's not happening here.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:14 AM
Alc
Racer

Received 521 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Porsche is great at Marketing, they do it better than most

For me, the best way to get an honest answer about any of their Options that, according to them are a "must have", is to closely monitor how they option/spec their highest level cars/iterations.

The new Sublime 911 S/T doesn't have rear steer, and its not just for the handful of pounds it adds to the curb weight, it adds an artificial feeling that isn't liked by most purists.

On the track it probably results in a few tenths so if your paycheck depends on extracting a few tenths out of every lap, go ahead and option your car, otherwise keep it simple.
what does this have to do with Thinkdiag? Seems like it’s trying to off ramp discussion in RAS vs non-RAS with a bad example of S/T and disregarding the significant extra Porsche engineering to actually make the S/T possible (suspension, weight reduction, etc). As always all of us try to convince each other our year/model/trim is the end-all-be-all 911…it’s all chasing the wind.

Just bought a Thinkdiag and can’t wait to complete the coolant temp change. Thankful all of you have figured it out!
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 04:27 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Thanks Ken.

i looked for that option in front end electronics but I don't have it available in that module or any of the other modules.

Two other items I came across looking for other items in front end electronics that you may want to check out.
Attached Images   
Old 01-30-2024, 10:56 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks Ken.
I tried these but no dice. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for anything that looks promising. There just may be no way to control the top on the early 991.1 from the key remote without additional hardware but the window control that does work is great to have.

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Two other items I came across looking for other items in front end electronics that you may want to check out.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Thanks Ken.
I tried these but no dice. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for anything that looks promising. There just may be no way to control the top on the early 991.1 from the key remote without additional hardware but the window control that does work is great to have.

I guess it is possible that it works on a 991.2 but not a 991.1. However, I would think it is more likely that it is just a matter of figuring out the missing coding to enable the fourth button. You did not see any codes relating to the fourth button? You may also want to look for references to terminal 15 off. With my car, I can only open/close the top with the key fob if the car is not running.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:05 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken718B
I guess it is possible that it works on a 991.2 but not a 991.1. However, I would think it is more likely that it is just a matter of figuring out the missing coding to enable the fourth button. You did not see any codes relating to the fourth button? You may also want to look for references to terminal 15 off. With my car, I can only open/close the top with the key fob if the car is not running.
There are codes for key 1, Key 2 and Key 3 but then it list Key 4-8 and it's not a simple (shutdown or open), or (0 or 1) if I remember correctly it had a hex code associated with it.

What do you think the signifigance of the "terminal 15" is?
Old 01-31-2024, 11:13 PM
Ken718B
Banned

There are codes for key 1, Key 2 and Key 3 but then it list Key 4-8 and it's not a simple (shutdown or open), or (0 or 1) if I remember correctly it had a hex code associated with it.

What do you think the signifigance of the "terminal 15" is?
See if you can find someone outside the US and Canada who can check the coding on their car to help you find the coding.

I believe terminal 15 off means that it works even if the car is not running.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:08 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 935 Likes on 464 Posts

Has anyone figured out what would be the least expensive new android device that works out of the box without issues in terms of compatibility with the ThinkDiag?
I really know nothing about android devices and I don't want to have to start learning about them. I just want something that will be pretty dummy proof with the ThinkDiag.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:10 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Has anyone figured out what would be the least expensive new android device that works out of the box without issues in terms of compatibility with the ThinkDiag?
I really know nothing about android devices and I don't want to have to start learning about them. I just want something that will be pretty dummy proof with the ThinkDiag.
I used an old android tablet that was part of a display at work. I don't think they cost more that $50 at the time brand new so you really don't need much horsepower. Any andriod tablet that runs app store should work.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:57 PM
Prius&991.1CS2
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrey
  1. Done:
    3. Performance Display/Torque Display
    4. Remember Last State of Auto Stop/Start ***
  2. Need to try or do:
    1. Display Accurate Coolant Temperature
    2. Sport Chrono Illumination - Need to find the setting
  3. Wish I could change
I too wish I could enable auto high beams. Anyone know if it is an option for 2015 C2S from the factory? If auto high beams does exist and can be turned on with my Thinkdiag+ I would be stoked.
The following users liked this post:
slowrey (02-11-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 04:36 PM
Dark Kauphee
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I ordered this:
Samsung Galaxy A03s Samsung Galaxy A03s
and it works. It's unregistered, no simcard, and just works off my wifi. Quick setup and it was up and running.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:07 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by Prius&991.1CS2
I too wish I could enable auto high beams. Anyone know if it is an option for 2015 C2S from the factory? If auto high beams does exist and can be turned on with my Thinkdiag+ I would be stoked.
If you are referring to high beam assist, they have enabled this on the Macan forum. Take a look at this post for the coding:

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/p...t#post-2765293

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic