Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 07:56 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I don't have this parameter on my car.
Front-End Electronics: Comfort function parameter- P_threshold comfort acknowledgment window opening.
Do you have the Comfort Entry option? As in, keyless entry and starting? Where you can keep the key in your pocket and it'll automagically unlock when you put your hand in the door handle, and start using just the fake plastic key?

My replacement ThinkDiag dongle finally showed up (after a MONTH), but I have not had the time to poke around with it. I don't have Comfort Entry, so I'll check for that parameter when I get the chance.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:00 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken718B
2. You also need to purchase the following silicon button (model E) - which is the parts for a Boxster
Remote Car Key Shell Rubber Pad For Porsche Cayenne 9YA Macan 911 Boxster Cayman Panamera 971 718 Silicone Key Button Replace - AliExpress
This one also works: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324010007545?var=513053580028
I drilled out the plastic on one of my keys to my Targa.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
The fourth button exists in all of these remotes. Pop open the fob and you'll see it. You can get a replacement piece of rubber that has the necessary bits to press on it. You just have to drill out the plastic to let it reach.

I have not yet found a rubber piece with a convertible top icon on it. I've just used one with the trunk.

What I have not yet determined is what does pressing the 4th button get detected as by the vehicle. I think this might be where the setting for the top comes into play. As in, you can activate the feature but unless the key sends that 4th button command nothing is going to happen.
I am not sure what your last sentence means? Are you saying that you tried this but you can't get the car to recognize the fourth button? Can you use your key fob to open and close your top? If so, what coding did you use to accomplish that?
Old 01-18-2024, 09:32 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Do you have the Comfort Entry option? As in, keyless entry and starting? Where you can keep the key in your pocket and it'll automagically unlock when you put your hand in the door handle, and start using just the fake plastic key?

My replacement ThinkDiag dongle finally showed up (after a MONTH), but I have not had the time to poke around with it. I don't have Comfort Entry, so I'll check for that parameter when I get the chance.
No my cars doesn't not have keyless entry.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:35 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

I am not sure what your last sentence means? Are you saying that you tried this but you can't get the car to recognize the fourth button? Can you use your key fob to open and close your top? If so, what coding did you use to accomplish that?
In my case at least the 4th button is seen by the car because teh door lock LED blinks rapidly with all the 4 buttons on the keyfob are selected. The top 3 buttons operate lock/unlock/frunk but the 4th button just blinks LED with no assigned to it in the car.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:50 PM
Ken718B
Banned

I do have entry and drive. Why do you ask?

Also, what I am trying to figure out is how to have the windows go down when the top on my 718 starts to open. When I set the codes for close windows after opening the top to no on my 718, the windows stay at the 3/4th open position that the windows went to when I started opening the top. @joserpaq indicated that the windows on his 991 go completely down when he starts to open the top. I am trying to figure out what codes cause that to happen and if so, whether I have those same codes on my 718.

Finally, let me know how you like your thinkdiag. I have a launch CRP919X but have until the end of the month to return it to amazon. If the thinkdiag can do the same coding as my launch, I may return it and buy the thinkdiag.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:30 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

I have not yet had the chance to try the 4th button tied to the top coding changes.

I mention comfort entry as a potential key to whether some functions will work or not. It would make sense that some functions could only be activated if you had that feature (and it's related equipment).

They're inexpensive enough, I'd keep both the Launch and the ThinkDiag. Never know which one is going to better implement something. I think right now there's still enough unknowns that make it difficult to say that one tool can/can't do the whole job.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:34 AM
Ken718B
Banned

I have not yet had the chance to try the 4th button tied to the top coding changes.

I mention comfort entry as a potential key to whether some functions will work or not. It would make sense that some functions could only be activated if you had that feature (and it's related equipment).

They're inexpensive enough, I'd keep both the Launch and the ThinkDiag. Never know which one is going to better implement something. I think right now there's still enough unknowns that make it difficult to say that one tool can/can't do the whole job.
Thank you for your thoughts. Let us know if you figure out the coding for the fourth button.
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 03:54 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by LFB
Gear shift assist:
1. System Selection -> Instrument Cluster -> Code/brush Hiding
2. Search for "upshift display"
3. When you find "Board computer menu configuration - byte 7 - Upshift display, enable it & write code

Note that there are a couple of other locations where "upshift display" will show up, but they are specific to the key memory for your car, not to enable the function overall.

TPMS track mode:
Keep in mind there are two different topics here...

-Adding another set of wheels/sensors, so that one of the options in the menu is your track wheels/tires
-Enabling a race track mode so that the TPM system is not sensitive to the big pressure swings from cold tires to hot tires and back to cold again, which is common at the track.

I enabled that second option. It was also in the cluster, but without going hunting for it again, I can't remember if I found it by searching for "track" or "race" - I seem to recall that searching for "tire" produced a lot of results. Let me know if you have trouble finding it, I can go back in and take screenshots.

Having clicked the link you provided, I am 95% sure that I also found where to add the first option, for another set of wheels/TPM sensors on the TPM selection page, but I didn't quite know what I was looking at a few hours ago - I believe that in ThinkDiag, you have to type in the name of that 3rd set of wheels (sensors) yourself. I'll have to check again... maybe you can name your 2nd/3rd set of wheels as "BBS FI-R" or "Silver 19s" to make it really specific. If I'm right, the reason this is hard to find is that it doesn't already contain a word like "race" or "track" since you name it yourself when you enable it, so you have to find it by searching for "tire".

Im getting close on this... I got the new freely selectable option to appear in the cluster, and I have set the pressures for F&R at 1.7 BAR, but I just cant figure out how to set the display text

Old 01-19-2024, 04:10 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Im getting close on this... I got the new freely selectable option to appear in the cluster, and I have set the pressures for F&R at 1.7 BAR, but I just cant figure out how to set the display text

I believe this is the code for my 718.
Old 01-19-2024, 04:40 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

This is a little skewed from a screenshot of google translate, but it looks like there should be 2 options for setting this. I think we only have the one with the funky characters. I looked all over

I would expect there to be an option for "TPMS Configuration: Freely selectable display text for tire size summer 1.-10 characters"

As per the Tech manual, RDK means RDK - Reifen Druck Kontrolle -> Tire Pressure Monitoring system

This is the settings for Race mode TPMS I think, however it wasn't immediately obvious what it did when I enabled it...

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 01-19-2024 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2024, 04:53 PM
Ken718B
Banned

This is a little skewed from a screenshot of google translate, but it looks like there should be 2 options for setting this. I think we only have the one with the funky characters. I looked all over

I would expect there to be an option for "TPMS Configuration: Freely selectable display text for tire size summer 1.-10 characters"
is is the settings for Race mode TPMS I think, however it wasn't immediately obvious what it did when I enabled it...
These are the three codes we identified on the 718 for this. However, I just found the last one and it has been too cold to try the last one. Daver on the 718 said he has been using this and it is working on his 718. However, it isn't displaying the text and I don't believe he has yet tried to add the text..Instrument Panel: Board computer menu configuration=Board menu configuration - byte 7- TPM circuit=1 {Default: 0}

Instrument Panel: TPMS Coding - Display summer menu item (freely selectable) =Yes {Default: No}
Instrument Panel: TPMS Configuration – Set of Wheels Designation =20” Track {Default: xxxx}
The following users liked this post:
AdamSanta85 (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 05:08 PM
Ken718B
Banned

The name of the code is much different than it is on the PIWIS. However, the code I sent you is in TPMS Configuration just like on the PIWIS. Also there was only one other code under TPMS Configuration. Just like in your screenshot from the PIWIS.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:26 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

The name of the code is much different than it is on the PIWIS. However, the code I sent you is in TPMS Configuration just like on the PIWIS. Also there was only one other code under TPMS Configuration. Just like in your screenshot from the PIWIS.
If you guys figure out how to get it to accept a value please let us know. I'm going to leave to leave the setting enabled but blank, it will come in handy for track days.
Old 01-19-2024, 06:13 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 305 Posts

If you guys figure out how to get it to accept a value please let us know. I'm going to leave to leave the setting enabled but blank, it will come in handy for track days.
I think there is a distinction between Track or Circuit Mode and TPMS Track tire setting. See post 186 here. Is it the same on 991/2?

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic