Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021 | 01:51 PM
Bronson C
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ThePhanatic
I hope the loaner is nice because if it were me I'd be telling them to unwind the deal. They sold something they could not deliver.
Its a 2020 Cayenne. For me , it very hard to find a black 911 with the right service history and warranty in Toronto. I saw other deals but it didnt make sense. Im hoping for compensation when the matter is done. But it sucks because I really wanted it for the Summer.
Old 06-17-2021 | 01:55 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Bronson C
Its a 2020 Cayenne. For me , it very hard to find a black 911 with the right service history and warranty in Toronto. I saw other deals but it didnt make sense. Im hoping for compensation when the matter is done. But it sucks because I really wanted it for the Summer.
You're in a dreadful position. A Cayenne? No thank you. You are a patient man, Bronson. Probably serves you well in life.

We have a saying at my company. "Hope is not a strategy".

Old 06-17-2021 | 01:57 PM
Bronson C
5th Gear

Originally Posted by LexVan
You're in a dreadful position. A Cayenne? No thank you. You are a patient man, Bronson. Probably serves you well in life.

We have a saying at my company. "Hope is not a strategy".
I been told lol. But we'll see. The dealer looking for another 911 for me.
Old 06-18-2021 | 12:07 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

if you’relooking for compensation, better iron that out now while you still have leverage.

Last edited by CayenneBlack; 06-18-2021 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2021 | 01:05 AM
NF4710
Pro

Oh man I am sorry for you. I’d opt out of such a deal: you lose a whole summer of driving yet still make payments…and by the time the car is released the COVID pricing may be improved and you could end up overpaying. Unless they give you a newer 911 as a loaner I would ask for my money back. Same dealer also selling a bridge in Brooklyn?

NF
Old 06-18-2021 | 12:33 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LSR
I just checked with my dealer about whether it would take my 2013 C2S SP 991.1 in trade for a 991.2. I asked about whether my car was subject to the stop-sale and if so whether that would be problematic. I was told the stop-sale was still in effect but "we'll figure something out." It seems to me there are only so many times a dealership will be willing to take in a 991.1 if it can't currently, and doesn't know when it will be able to, sell it. Perhaps Porsche is helping dealerships underwrite the cost of holding the cars?
yes PCNA is supporting the dealers in holding costs according to my dealer
Old 06-18-2021 | 01:10 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Had a long conversation with the general Manager of my local Porsche dealer yesterday (Taycan Launch event)

He has 3 991.1S cars sitting nn the lot (for months). He claims that there is no real new from Porsche and hasn't been for months. They get the same update every once in a while. Of course the stop sale only affects PDK cars, he was happy about a 991.14S 7 Spd Manual he just took in as trade.
I told him about receiving crazy high written offers for my .1 GTS w/PDK and he chuckled. Said he was aware of a lot of dealers that are selling the cars from their sister dealerships to circumvent the Stop-sale, which is what he blamed for crazy offers even on cars that are part of stop sale. He claims he will play by the rules and those who are cheating will eventually be caught. he didn't go into the details but said that the penalties of cheating on stop sale (From Porsche Mothership) are far too severe and "not worth" trying to sell a few cars.

The following users liked this post:
jfischet (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021 | 09:33 PM
acwild70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Had a long conversation with the general Manager of my local Porsche dealer yesterday (Taycan Launch event)

He has 3 991.1S cars sitting nn the lot (for months). He claims that there is no real new from Porsche and hasn't been for months. They get the same update every once in a while. Of course the stop sale only affects PDK cars, he was happy about a 991.14S 7 Spd Manual he just took in as trade.
I told him about receiving crazy high written offers for my .1 GTS w/PDK and he chuckled. Said he was aware of a lot of dealers that are selling the cars from their sister dealerships to circumvent the Stop-sale, which is what he blamed for crazy offers even on cars that are part of stop sale. He claims he will play by the rules and those who are cheating will eventually be caught. he didn't go into the details but said that the penalties of cheating on stop sale (From Porsche Mothership) are far too severe and "not worth" trying to sell a few cars.
Are we sure it’s only PDK cars—- this is the first I’m seeing this— but maybe I missed it

where was that bit of info written

thanks
Old 06-18-2021 | 10:33 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by acwild70
Are we sure it’s only PDK cars—- this is the first I’m seeing this— but maybe I missed it

where was that bit of info written

thanks
Yes, only pdk cars. Manuals are not in any way involved and securing a premium.....
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (06-19-2021)
Old 07-02-2021 | 03:18 AM
Macan't
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LSR
I just checked with my dealer about whether it would take my 2013 C2S SP 991.1 in trade for a 991.2. I asked about whether my car was subject to the stop-sale and if so whether that would be problematic. I was told the stop-sale was still in effect but "we'll figure something out." It seems to me there are only so many times a dealership will be willing to take in a 991.1 if it can't currently, and doesn't know when it will be able to, sell it. Perhaps Porsche is helping dealerships underwrite the cost of holding the cars?

My conversation with my dealer would support this. They gave me a "go away" quote to trade in my 991.1 PDK. The sales guy said they just weren't interested in the car and I should take it to one of the independant dealers in town for a much better offer.

Im surprised PCNA isnt making it worth the dealers while to buy and store the 991s if they really wanted them off the street.
Old 07-02-2021 | 08:41 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Got a letter in the mail from the Porsche dealer offering me trade on my 991.1 C2S of $10-15k below what I can easily sell the car for, and a balance of “only” $83000 for a new 992S, lol!

Not that I would be interested in selling my Supercharged 600whp C2S, but pricing now is kind of crazy. The dealers here literally don’t have any 911s or Caymans in stock, and hardly any Macan, but they have a TON of Taycans. I counted 20 Taycans at the local dealer, mostly new but a bunch used with very low miles.

Rafi

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-03-2021 | 09:27 PM
Fünfer
Racer

Drove my car in Sport+ at AX and it promptly threw the PADM error for active engine mounts failure. Arghh!!
That's another way of making sure we are not exceeding emissions regulations. Punish you right away when you drive it in Sport+
Old 07-05-2021 | 02:43 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Interesting tid bit

Originally Posted by systemr
One big difference between SC on a cayman vs 991 is that the 991 has dynamic engine mounts. This is really the only valuable things SC adds IMO.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8490...ne-mounts.html
I had forgotten about this, the dynamic engine mounts. As I recall, I have seen few posts on Rennlist re. these Mounts failing and being expensive to replace. But maybe these incidents are rare when the entire population of cars with Dynamic Engine Mounts is considered?
Old 07-05-2021 | 07:24 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I had forgotten about this, the dynamic engine mounts. As I recall, I have seen few posts on Rennlist re. these Mounts failing and being expensive to replace. But maybe these incidents are rare when the entire population of cars with Dynamic Engine Mounts is considered?
981 with SC has dynamic transaxle mounts. Might even be the same part. For 991.2 and 718, Porsche changed the nomenclature to Porsche Active Driveline Mounts (PADM.)
Old 07-08-2021 | 07:49 PM
Southbranch
Pro

Today's "diesel-gate"news (This fine and the conduct that lead to it does not seem to be related to Porsche's current stop-sale order.):

London (CNN Business) "The European Commission has fined Volkswagen Group and BMW $1 billion for colluding with Daimler to hold back the development of technology that could have reduced harmful emissions from their vehicles.

In a statement on Thursday, the Commission said the three German carmakers, along with Volkswagen subsidiaries Audi and Porsche, breached EU antitrust rules by agreeing to avoid competing on technical development in the area of nitrogen oxide cleaning.

The charges relate to conduct that took place between 2009 and 2014, when the carmakers held "regular technical meetings" to discuss the development of technology that eliminates harmful nitrogen-oxide emissions from diesel passenger cars, according to the Commission."

Full article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/busin...ers/index.html

Quick Reply: Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?