Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 10:54 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

WOW! Just recently loaded a more aggressive map for my DSC. I was running the DSC GT3 touring file and for me personally I found it a bit too soft. The roads where I typically drive aren't that bad. Loaded a more aggressive file that reduced squat under acceleration, braking even further. With the GT3T file I also found that the chassis just wasn't stiff enough for me on turn in and flat enough for high speed corners. I was still a bit hesitate on if the car was going to continue to stick or slide out from under me. With this new map it is now handling perfectly. I be completely honest I was a bit disappointed when I got my .2. It just didnt seem to handle as nice as my 981 and didnt have the balance for confidence in it. The GT3T file helped alot and it was about 90% of the way I wanted but I wanted just a bit more. With this new map I now really love the car. Left normal mode alone for cruising around town and on the freeway, but sport mode is perfect now. I really reminded me of driving my friends 991 GT3 (but without the harsh beat you up feeling when hitting potholes).

Well done Tom and crew at DSC. This product just keeps getting better and better. I am leaving it alone now cause you can not beat perfect.
The following 3 users liked this post by jamesrg:
egrossman (02-22-2021), GT3FZS (01-31-2021), Tom@TPC Racing (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 11:22 AM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg
WOW! Just recently loaded a more aggressive map for my DSC. I was running the DSC GT3 touring file and for me personally I found it a bit too soft. The roads where I typically drive aren't that bad. Loaded a more aggressive file that reduced squat under acceleration, braking even further. With the GT3T file I also found that the chassis just wasn't stiff enough for me on turn in and flat enough for high speed corners. I was still a bit hesitate on if the car was going to continue to stick or slide out from under me. With this new map it is now handling perfectly. I be completely honest I was a bit disappointed when I got my .2. It just didnt seem to handle as nice as my 981 and didnt have the balance for confidence in it. The GT3T file helped alot and it was about 90% of the way I wanted but I wanted just a bit more. With this new map I now really love the car. Left normal mode alone for cruising around town and on the freeway, but sport mode is perfect now. I really reminded me of driving my friends 991 GT3 (but without the harsh beat you up feeling when hitting potholes).

Well done Tom and crew at DSC. This product just keeps getting better and better. I am leaving it alone now cause you can not beat perfect.
Very nice. Can you share the file and/or settings? Have been using the GT3T file in my Carrera T.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:21 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

PM me your email address and I can email it to you.

Originally Posted by wbrownie
Very nice. Can you share the file and/or settings? Have been using the GT3T file in my Carrera T.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:29 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks PM sent
Old 01-31-2021, 02:11 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 793 Posts

Special thank you to Tom at TPC/DSC. The DSC controller transformed my 991 targa! I previously had one one my 991.2 gts and it may even more of an improvement on my 991.1 targa. I highly recommend.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Tom@TPC Racing (02-02-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 09:52 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Just got my DSC controller today!

After having watched the installation video a few times while waiting for it to arrive, I knew what to do. It took me about 3 minutes to get it done. BTW it is a lot easier if you first release the small connector (easier to slide) and then you can pull out the PASM controller out a bit more, then release the larger connector on the right by pulling on the slider while pushing the edge from the other side. Much easier than just trying to pull the large connector.

I did a drive around my neighborhood on a few streets with bad pavement to get a fresh feeling of the "before" and then drove the same road right after installing the DSC controller. I was quite impressed at how much better it absorbed the bumps and imperfections on the road, while at the same time controlling incredibly well the pitch/dive and the leaning on curves.

Money well spent. Wonderful product!

The following 3 users liked this post by alex_c:
GT3FZS (01-31-2021), pride355 (02-17-2021), Tom@TPC Racing (02-02-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 10:21 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 316 Likes on 133 Posts

Haven’t read thru this whole topic but does anyone have experience with this in a GTS?
Old 01-31-2021, 11:15 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by uphoto
Haven’t read thru this whole topic but does anyone have experience with this in a GTS?
The improvements with a new DSC V3 controller from DSC Sport is universal across the entire 991 model lineup.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 01-31-2021, 11:26 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm curious about this more aggressive file as well. However I don't have a PC to change the file. Im still running the Carrera T file, which is not firm enough for me on turn in. One of these days I'll get a PC or dual boot my Mac.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:31 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by uphoto
lol nearly every page of this thread has gts user feedback.... I just posted my gts feedback and so did another user just a few post up...
Old 02-02-2021, 01:31 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts
Default High Mileage PASM and DSC?

I'm curious if some of you have replaced the stock electronic shocks after feeling like they were worn?
Or, is there an expected lifespan before replacement and could a DSC compensate vs. replacing shocks?

Essentially, without leaks or visible failures, have others experienced a point where a stock 991.1S with PASM & PDCC starts to soften or feel less responsive suspension wise?
With 80k on my 2012.5, maybe it's just my head, but the car feels more "normal" in Sport mode on the highway and a little looser in "normal" mode.
All the suspension bushings are original but no cracks or compressed ones, however, they're 9 years old and last year I took it to the track several times, which can certainly loosen up things on an aged suspension.
Maybe it's just time to refresh bushings or entire suspension or maybe it's all in my head?

What have others experienced related to higher mileage and these suspensions?
Thanks -
Old 02-12-2021, 07:42 PM
Boxer-Bill
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi!, this is my first post here and I have a lot of questions about the DSC system and the PASM shocks. I have a 2018 CGTS that I purchased last October. It is my first REAL Porsche (formerly AXed an old 914). I love the Cayman and plan to AX it. I have already done a couple of events and it handles great. I've got a set of RE71r's in the garage waiting for some sort of season to start. I'm not the best driver, but always try to prepare the car to the best of my ability. I believe I understand the basics of suspension set up and shocks. But now with the DSC system and PASM shocks it seems like a whole new game. The ability to change the shock characteristics for any situation is amazing to me.

To help me understand the PASM shocks, has anyone dyno tested the shocks? I would like to see what the force/speed characteristics look like with varying current applied. Does the "bump" change as well as the "rebound" side? A lot of shocks are single adjustment and really only change the rebound curve. Also in the DSC program there is a section under "velocity" that looks to be able to change the shape of the curve. I figure that this would only apply to the Tractive shocks as the PASM shocks don't respond quickly enough (100msecs from what I've read). Is that true?

I know my 718 Cayman doesn't belong in the 991 series, but this thread appears to be the most active for DSC users and the DSC software puts my car in the 991 category. I hope I don't offend anyone. thanks in advance for any info!
The following users liked this post:
AndrewLakes (03-22-2023)
Old 03-08-2021, 01:42 PM
s4one
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete

Last edited by s4one; 03-10-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:43 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Can you please share the details of this map and how to access. I am running the standard map on my GTS, it’s comfortable enough in normal mode but in sport plus it feels under damped. My car is lowered on linear coil over springs with around 50% stiffer up front and 10% on the rear. The ride height is around GT3 level and I am rubbing the front liners on both sides under load. I would really like to try your map

Old 03-09-2021, 08:45 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Pmd you

Interested.

Originally Posted by s4one
Traded my 991.2 for a Macan due to family obligations. PM me if you are interested in my DSC V3, only had it for few months. Have no use for it anymore.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module