Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Thank you James
The following users liked this post:
jamesrg (03-19-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 12:44 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts

How it would work with stiff parking lots? I've selecting sport when I go in/out of stiff parking lot to be safe. Will I get any benefit on this situations?
Since everything else will be great improvement with DSC V3, I wanted to check if it's going to be better or worse.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:53 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Just in case if anyone is in market for DSC V3, I have brand new one with GT3 Touring file pre-loaded on sale.
(It's currently back-ordered from DSC at the moment)
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1244673

Last edited by isugoo; 04-04-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:55 PM
smgkc
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Thanks Tom. What do you mean by unchanged from standard...standard being the GT3 Tour File normal? GT3 sport?

This file was written all to my DSC. Just trying to determine what Normal Mode now works in..as you cleared up that Sport Mode is going to be GT3 Tour File Sport Mode with lower range (ie. stiffer)

PS. For anyone looking for a slightly tighter ride, I highly recommend the calibration file I posted earlier that is from another Forum member. I have run it now for a few weeks, over crappy city roads, and I am preferring it to the GT3 Tour file in Sport Mode. Sure it could just be placebo effect but it does feel better to me. It is almost too stiff at times on very, very bad roads, but that was where I wanted to originally get with the DSC as I found my PASM way too floaty. Another reason why again this DSC Sport module is worth every penny and too me one of the top mods anyone should consider.
Downloading and going to push to the DSC module today and play around. Happy Easter to me, thanks for posting!
Old 04-04-2021, 01:06 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 382 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by smgkc
Downloading and going to push to the DSC module today and play around. Happy Easter to me, thanks for posting!
Eagerly awaiting your “review” of this file .
Old 04-04-2021, 03:12 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Front Axle Lift issue...

I will start by saying that I absolutely love my DSC v 3 with the GT3 Touring program. It is wonderful on the road and makes a huge improvement driving over bad roads. Also love how the car takes curves, and everything else.

My only minor issue is that when I have the front axle lift enabled, it feels like instead of suspension the car is on bricks. There is like no suspension travel at all. Going over minor bumps feels and sounds like it is a solid steel rod instead of having a suspension. I know, it is a small price to pay, but I don't know if anyone else have experienced this. Now I have to remember to enable FAL when needed, and also to turn it off right away after it is used instead of leaving it on until it goes back down automatically for fear of feeling the harsh bumps on the road.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

DSC should be restocking their units for anyone interested in Mid April. Let us know if we can be of assistance.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 04-05-2021, 02:14 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 918 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
I will start by saying that I absolutely love my DSC v 3 with the GT3 Touring program. It is wonderful on the road and makes a huge improvement driving over bad roads. Also love how the car takes curves, and everything else.
Thank you for your feedback. Glad you love your DSC V3!

Originally Posted by alex_c
My only minor issue is that when I have the front axle lift enabled, it feels like instead of suspension the car is on bricks. There is like no suspension travel at all. Going over minor bumps feels and sounds like it is a solid steel rod instead of having a suspension. I know, it is a small price to pay, but I don't know if anyone else have experienced this. Now I have to remember to enable FAL when needed, and also to turn it off right away after it is used instead of leaving it on until it goes back down automatically for fear of feeling the harsh bumps on the road.
The FAL works the same with or without DSC. With FAL in up position the factory hydraulic platform lifts the coil springs to"top out" the damper. A topped out damper + compressed spring + the 300 psi of hydraulic pressure is essential performs like a solid block of metal.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 04-07-2021, 09:11 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

I registered and downloaded DSC Tuner 1.9.3 Installer but I keep getting error and can't install on my windows 10 home edition laptop.
I restarted my machine and downloaded fresh installer but it didn't help. Does anyone have same issue?
I contacted DSC Sport but no one seems to answer any of my emails.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:54 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by isugoo
I registered and downloaded DSC Tuner 1.9.3 Installer but I keep getting error and can't install on my windows 10 home edition laptop.
I restarted my machine and downloaded fresh installer but it didn't help. Does anyone have same issue?

Same problem. I had the GT3 touring loaded when I bought it so have not bothered to use software to change the DSC but I get the same error when I registered;
Old 04-07-2021, 11:22 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F355bob
Same problem. I had the GT3 touring loaded when I bought it so have not bothered to use software to change the DSC but I get the same error when I registered;
Hope we can get some help from here to get resolved our installation issue.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:24 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 918 Likes on 515 Posts

That is not true. I answer 100+ emails each day and work in the shop. I didn't yet get to the emails from the evening.

Originally Posted by F355bob
Hope we can get some help from here to get resolved our installation issue.
I am sorry to hear you guys are having difficulty with downloading software. We haves extensively tested the download on our own PC's repeatedly to make sure that it works. Typically when it doesn't download correctly is when a step is missed by accident. We have put a lot time into making these videos to cover all steps. Please watch these videos and follow the steps exactly and will work. The only other exception would be if there is a security setting on your PC that blocks the program, which then would require the user to change security setting at their discretion. Dozens of user download each day successfully, it does work.

DSC Support Video page link- https://www.dscsport.com/support-videos/

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 04-14-2021 at 11:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tom@TPC Racing:
AdamSanta85 (04-08-2021), isugoo (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 11:27 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

I will add my two cents that I have installed the software on 3 different PC notebooks to date without any issues. I also don't recall reading about others having software download issues prior to making my purchase.

In Tom's defense as well, from day one I have received nothing but spot on customer service and replies. Many of those replies have come from him even after hours, which is crazy, but does not go unnoticed. I would never have expected the level of service I have received when I bought this, and have zero complaints. I know Tom also must get many, many of the same basic questions and probably is more than a little tired of answering them over and over and over, but I have nothing but great things to say about the service from him and the product. It would likely be the top mod I would suggest to any new owner.
The following users liked this post:
isugoo (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 11:37 AM
dannyss
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 78 Posts

^^
Totally agree.
I've installed on an old windows 8 laptop and on windows 10 in a VM on an old Macbook Pro and both worked with no problems
And I agree, best first mod to do on a 991!
Old 04-08-2021, 11:50 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Tom helped me to resolve my issue!
It looks like 'right click and run as administrator' was the key. I was trying to run/install by just double clicking it. Didn't realize there's a different way to run/install.
Maybe it's my Mac guy's mentality issue since I never had that in Mac.
Tom is really great guy. He answered all of my emails/PMs to make sure I can get it running!

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module