Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 04:05 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Please let us know when it's back to in stock. Reading all these, I want to get one!
Old 03-15-2021, 07:02 PM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
The DSC control strategy is very different from stock. Would have to change every cell in over 20 pages to be remotely close. To be completely forthcoming, our focus is on creating our own product. For back to back comparison, taking 3 to 5 minutes to swap the controller would be the way to go.
Of course, makes perfect sense. I understand that the whole point is to offer something different from stock, just thought that there might be a test map out there or something. No worries at all; very good point about just swapping over the controller. Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Old 03-15-2021, 08:40 PM
Vrrooom
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

However in your particular case, since the car has lowering springs, which reduce the available travel stroke of the shocks by the amount that is lowered. The stock shock becomes less effective in controlling the chassis moments. Thus, in this particular case the car could benefit from starting the dynamic range at the stiffer point. One possible approach is since the DSC Sport mode feel great to you is to write the current Sport mode to the Normal mode, and then increase the Default Rate of the current Sport mode and make it the "new" Sport mode.
Do I understand you correctly when you say since my car is lowered it would benefit from making it stiffer than the GT3 tour file? What would you increase the default rate of the current sport mode (GT3 tour) to? And is there a file already out there that may be better to be the ‘new’ sport mode? Thanks Tom!
Old 03-15-2021, 08:54 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
DM me your email, I'll send it to you.
Appreciate the offer!! A nice forum member sent it to me earlier today 😊
Old 03-16-2021, 01:04 AM
jaysc
Advanced

Well folks, I made a goof and while zeroing the ride height with the ignition on I went ahead and flashed a new calibration file. I know that the instructions state to flash with the ignition in the off position; it's late, I'm tired, and I simply made a mistake that I realized immediately after. Wondering if I've screwed anything up here. Thanks for any input!
Old 03-16-2021, 01:16 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for the explanation Tom.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:58 PM
911ofborg
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of users like our "GT3 Tour" file. It is so well received that the GT3 Tour file became the standard file for all the new DSC V3 controllers starting from January 2021.
Link of the Calibration File page from DSC website- https://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/
Super! Just ordered from you guys! Back ordered of course but excited with the feedback and refinement!
The following users liked this post:
Tom@TPC Racing (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysc
Well folks, I made a goof and while zeroing the ride height with the ignition on I went ahead and flashed a new calibration file. I know that the instructions state to flash with the ignition in the off position; it's late, I'm tired, and I simply made a mistake that I realized immediately after. Wondering if I've screwed anything up here. Thanks for any input!
If you did Reset Board after each task then you should be fine. Generally, it is ideal to perform the tasks separately because there's a lot going on in the background and between different modules. Since both tasks completed successfully you should be fine. Relax! Drive!

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 03-16-2021, 01:12 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I’m still trying to wrap my head around if installing the GT3 Touring file will allow both normal and sport mode settings to be enabled (normal is GT3 Touring, Sport is GT3/RS, or if you need to individually configure the two modes (normal/sport)?
Writing a file to the DSC using the Write All function will include both Normal and Sport mode. Been discussed a number of times..
AlexZTuned (03-19-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 01:55 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vrrooom
Do I understand you correctly when you say since my car is lowered it would benefit from making it stiffer than the GT3 tour file? What would you increase the default rate of the current sport mode (GT3 tour) to? And is there a file already out there that may be better to be the ‘new’ sport mode? Thanks Tom!
As I said in the previous paragraph, subjective personal preference comes to play. If you feel that the Normal mode is too soft for your personal preference then please feel free to go ahead to stiffen it up. You have options to do so:
1. Increase Default Rate (which is the minimum starting value) in Normal mode.
2. Write Sport mode to DSC to become the new Normal mode(open file, select Sport in Settings page, then select write Sport to Normal), then increase Default Rate in new Sport mode(because if you don't you'll end up with the same in both modes.
Alternatively you can be content and lazy like me and just use one mode all the time, that is the current Sport mode.

In general theory, lowering spring puts the piston inside the shock in a lower position which may benefit from increasing damping force to help prevent bottoming. Also some lowering springs are manufactured to be more progressive on the spring winding so not only is the piston closer to bottoming the first half inch of spring compression can be softer than stock spring to make up for the ride quality. In such case, the car can benefit from stiffer damping. I cannot comment on the different brands of springs and how progressively the coil spring wires are wound so you'll just have to play with the DSC software to find a sweet spot for your subjective personal preference.

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 03-16-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Vrrooom (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 02:56 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Tom,
do you know when the next round of controllers will be ready to ship? I placed my order a couple of weeks ago.

thanks.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Truble10
Tom,
do you know when the next round of controllers will be ready to ship? I placed my order a couple of weeks ago.

thanks.
Next round should be completed and shipped on 04-15-21. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:30 PM
jaysc
Advanced

If you did Reset Board after each task then you should be fine. Generally, it is ideal to perform the tasks separately because there's a lot going on in the background and between different modules. Since both tasks completed successfully you should be fine. Relax! Drive!
Got it. Thanks! I don't remember if I explicitly did Reset Board but I did load the map fresh after the Zero Ride Height so I'm hoping that that's an equivalent function.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:09 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Had to find that file to look... Normal mode is unchanged from standard. Sport mode shorted the low end of the range by around 10%.
Thanks Tom. What do you mean by unchanged from standard...standard being the GT3 Tour File normal? GT3 sport?

This file was written all to my DSC. Just trying to determine what Normal Mode now works in..as you cleared up that Sport Mode is going to be GT3 Tour File Sport Mode with lower range (ie. stiffer)

PS. For anyone looking for a slightly tighter ride, I highly recommend the calibration file I posted earlier that is from another Forum member. I have run it now for a few weeks, over crappy city roads, and I am preferring it to the GT3 Tour file in Sport Mode. Sure it could just be placebo effect but it does feel better to me. It is almost too stiff at times on very, very bad roads, but that was where I wanted to originally get with the DSC as I found my PASM way too floaty. Another reason why again this DSC Sport module is worth every penny and too me one of the top mods anyone should consider.
enzotcat (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 12:17 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Thanks Tom. What do you mean by unchanged from standard...standard being the GT3 Tour File normal? GT3 sport?

This file was written all to my DSC. Just trying to determine what Normal Mode now works in..as you cleared up that Sport Mode is going to be GT3 Tour File Sport Mode with lower range (ie. stiffer)

PS. For anyone looking for a slightly tighter ride, I highly recommend the calibration file I posted earlier that is from another Forum member. I have run it now for a few weeks, over crappy city roads, and I am preferring it to the GT3 Tour file in Sport Mode. Sure it could just be placebo effect but it does feel better to me. It is almost too stiff at times on very, very bad roads, but that was where I wanted to originally get with the DSC as I found my PASM way too floaty. Another reason why again this DSC Sport module is worth every penny and too me one of the top mods anyone should consider.
Normal is the same as the GT3 touring file and sport has been stiffened up.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module