Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:02 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by lngebrown
I purchased the DSC 3 in 2019 for my 2019 T. Is there a download I should install to update?
A lot of users like our "GT3 Tour" file. It is so well received that the GT3 Tour file became the standard file for all the new DSC V3 controllers starting from January 2021.
Link of the Calibration File page from DSC website- https://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 03-12-2021, 04:48 PM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
I am sorry I am unable to help on this one because:
1) DSC software is designed for Windows10. This is stated specifically during the registration to acquire the software. There have been users that have successful ran parallel but we have zero experienced whatsoever on this topic since the software was never designed for non-Windows.
2) Personally I am not an IT guy. I make other people at the shop download software on my PC and make it work. I am the guy for the chassis/software tuning.

Hopefully a user with parallel experience will chime in to help or PM you.
All good. Thanks for the quick reply!

Originally Posted by enzotcat
Probably your best bet is to use Boot Camp to install Windows on bare metal on your Mac and then you may have more success.
Oof. Ok, I'll give it a shot!
Old 03-14-2021, 01:49 AM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysc
All good. Thanks for the quick reply!

Oof. Ok, I'll give it a shot!
Got it sorted! Bootcamp did the trick, although Bootcamp + Big Sur was not a smooth process. Looking forward to going for a drive to feel it out! @Tom@TPC Racing can you suggest a good "close to stock" (for a 991.2 S) map that I could try out back to back with the GT3 Touring map? Hoping to go for a drive and switch it half way through to really understand the difference.
The following users liked this post:
enzotcat (03-14-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Vrrooom
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

I got my DSC in Feb, and so I understand it as having the GT3 Tour file. In sport mode it feels great, in non sport, while you can tell it gets softer, the overall characteristic of the car feels off a little and so I don’t use non sport mode.

Is there any value to making the non sport the GT3 Tour file and a more aggressive in sport? Would it improve handling/feel? Is there such a file? And can the stock dampeners handle it? This is on a 19 T, and the only other suspension mod is Techart Springs.

I would likely use GT3 tour while normal driving and this other file when on smooth windy roads or the track.

Last edited by Vrrooom; 03-15-2021 at 09:45 AM.
catdog2 (01-02-2023)
Old 03-15-2021, 10:00 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

A lot of users like our "GT3 Tour" file. It is so well received that the GT3 Tour file became the standard file for all the new DSC V3 controllers starting from January 2021.
Link of the Calibration File page from DSC website- https://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/
Does the wing come up in sport+ mode in corners? I read this hear somewhere and think I seen it once but can’t reproduce due to road conditions.

If does, does that continue to work with DSC v3, or does that need to be turned on manually?

Last edited by G99x.y; 03-15-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jaysc
@Tom@TPC Racing can you suggest a good "close to stock" (for a 991.2 S) map that I could try out back to back with the GT3 Touring map? Hoping to go for a drive and switch it half way through to really understand the difference.
The DSC control strategy is very different from stock. Would have to change every cell in over 20 pages to be remotely close. To be completely forthcoming, our focus is on creating our own product. For back to back comparison, taking 3 to 5 minutes to swap the controller would be the way to go.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:54 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vrrooom
I got my DSC in Feb, and so I understand it as having the GT3 Tour file.
If your DSC was purchased new in Feb directly from DSC, or TPC or from an authorized dealer then it does have our GT3 Tour file.

Originally Posted by Vrrooom
In sport mode it feels great, in non sport, while you can tell it gets softer, the overall characteristic of the car feels off a little and so I don’t use non sport mode.

Is there any value to making the non sport the GT3 Tour file and a more aggressive in sport? Would it improve handling/feel? Is there such a file? And can the stock dampeners handle it? This is on a 19 T, and the only other suspension mod is Techart Springs.

I would likely use GT3 tour while normal driving and this other file when on smooth windy roads or the track.
This is a situation where subjective personal preference comes to play. The DSC sport mode optimizes the performance of the shocks by having a dynamic operating range of 15% to 100%. This is a very wide dynamic operating range. During spirited driving or track driving the shocks are at their maximum output. There is no more to give beyond 100% since the shocks are at their max potential. The only thing you could possibly do with the stock shocks is to short the low end of the operating range to "feel" more aggressive/stiffer at zero load (for example start the range at 30% or 35%). We use a wide dynamic operating range to maximize grip by allowing weight transfer to set the tire contact during initial turn-in then as the driver commits to the turn the suspension becomes stiffer to counter the g-force load. By shorting the low end of the dynamic range the car will feel stiffer before any action occurs. If that is you personal preference then the easiest way to achieve this is by increasing the Default Rate in the G Force table. I have written about this many dozen of times, in general.

However in your particular case, since the car has lowering springs, which reduce the available travel stroke of the shocks by the amount that is lowered. The stock shock becomes less effective in controlling the chassis moments. Thus, in this particular case the car could benefit from starting the dynamic range at the stiffer point. One possible approach is since the DSC Sport mode feel great to you is to write the current Sport mode to the Normal mode, and then increase the Default Rate of the current Sport mode and make it the "new" Sport mode.

Another factor to keep in consideration is just because the car came with two suspension modes doesn't mean you need to use both. Unlike the stock controller, DSC uses such a very wide dynamic operating range that most users, myself included, leaves settings in one mode and forget about the button. Let the driving itself commands the stiffness. Let me tell ya the guys with Corvettes and Camaros with 3 modes really have mind boggle over this with the stock controller presets at like 60/80/100% increment, many of them have a hard time understanding one DSC modes covers the entire range!

The following 2 users liked this post by Tom@TPC Racing:
GT3FZS (03-15-2021), SFZ GT3 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Does the wing come up in sport+ mode in corners? I read this hear somewhere and think I seen it once but can’t reproduce due to road conditions.

If does, does that continue to work with DSC v3, or does that need to be turned on manually?
DSC controls the shocks, it doesn't control the rear wing. The rear chassis module controls of the car the rear wing.
There are only two suspension modes, they are Normal and Sport.
PLUS mode is not a suspension mode, PLUS mode triggers more aggressive engine/trans mapping.
G99x.y (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:09 AM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

I did some research and I'm finding mostly dead ends here... Can anyone help me obtain the GT3 Tour map for my V2?
Any help is appreciated!

Old 03-15-2021, 11:14 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
I did some research and I'm finding mostly dead ends here... Can anyone help me obtain the GT3 Tour map for my V2?
Any help is appreciated!

No, because the differences will cause some data to be loss or end up in the wrong places...
Old 03-15-2021, 11:18 AM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

No, because the differences will cause some data to be loss or end up in the wrong places...
OK thank you for your reply!
Old 03-15-2021, 12:43 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Tom's Custom Sport File

Tom, thank you first for all your commentary on this thread, it is very valuable.

I have attached a cal file from Forum member James, who mentioned you had custom made this file.

Since you have the exhaustive knowledge of your product, I would like to know how this file compares to the stock GT3 Tour file? I have looked at both but cannot determine exactly how they differ.

Would the attached be good for city daily driving? Is it setup stiffer then the GT3 Tour file?
Attached Files
Old 03-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Tom, thank you first for all your commentary on this thread, it is very valuable.

I have attached a cal file from Forum member James, who mentioned you had custom made this file.

Since you have the exhaustive knowledge of your product, I would like to know how this file compares to the stock GT3 Tour file? I have looked at both but cannot determine exactly how they differ.

Would the attached be good for city daily driving? Is it setup stiffer then the GT3 Tour file?
Had to find that file to look... Normal mode is unchanged from standard. Sport mode shorted the low end of the range by around 10%.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:46 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Any help is appreciated!

DM me your email, I'll send it to you.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:21 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 126 Posts

Tom, I just picked up a lightly used (October 2020 build) V3 that came with files pre-installed. I downloaded what I believe is the correct file for the GT3 Touring and wrote it onto the V3 controller through the software.

Can you confirm that this is the correct download link for the GT3 touring file? And what is the file above it - is that the standard pre-loaded file that comes with 991.2 Carrera’s?

I’m still trying to wrap my head around if installing the GT3 Touring file will allow both normal and sport mode settings to be enabled (normal is GT3 Touring, Sport is GT3/RS, or if you need to individually configure the two modes (normal/sport)?

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module