Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,942 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993

So what should they badge this car?

Would it be sacrilegious if they badge this car as 991R?
That would be twisting the knife more than necessary. GT3T would make sense...
Old 08-08-2017, 11:57 AM
TomTomTom
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys.

I had drinks with my cleaning lady last night. You would not believe how much German beer fits into an average cleaning lady these days...

Couple of points:
She said once again that all there test mules did not have rear seats but she also mentioned that all of them had bucket seats so it could be that there will be a version with rear seats.
I was a bit angry as she said otherwise last week, but that's why she cleans in the development not in the marketing department...

On the PDK, she said that the first test mules (the black ones from couple of months ago) were just "regular" GT3s with the 991.2 S boot lid therefore there were also PDKs out there driving. However, she heard from another cleaning lady that it should be only Manual in the final form but she would be surprised if this is true. Quote "Why would Andi be giving up sales?"

So both things are even in the inner circle of cleaning ladies apparently not fixed.. Frankfurt will tell...

One other thing we discussed was the "is it still a GT3".
She said: "It is like Gay Marriage. It is something added to the "regular" spectrum but it's still a marragie and it does not take away anything away from all the other marriages, so why should we care if it is called marriage or just a committed relationship"?
(We had the legalization of homosexual marriage in Germany a couple of weeks ago).

I think she has a point...
Old 08-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
The rev-matching can sound very fast. PDK still sounds different of course, you get more of that sharp bark/burp thing, but it could go either way.

There's also a strong chance this is not the touring option, but a mule for the Sport Classic.
Its appearance fits the description of the Sports Classic that was circulating before Geneva.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993

So what should they badge this car?
It will be the GT3 CLS (cleaning lady special).

Or maybe the GT3 M (Mädchen).
Old 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Or maybe the GT3 M (Mädchen).
lol
Old 08-08-2017, 02:11 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTomTom
Hi guys.

I had drinks with my cleaning lady last night. You would not believe how much German beer fits into an average cleaning lady these days...

Couple of points:
She said once again that all there test mules did not have rear seats but she also mentioned that all of them had bucket seats so it could be that there will be a version with rear seats.
I was a bit angry as she said otherwise last week, but that's why she cleans in the development not in the marketing department...

On the PDK, she said that the first test mules (the black ones from couple of months ago) were just "regular" GT3s with the 991.2 S boot lid therefore there were also PDKs out there driving. However, she heard from another cleaning lady that it should be only Manual in the final form but she would be surprised if this is true. Quote "Why would Andi be giving up sales?"

So both things are even in the inner circle of cleaning ladies apparently not fixed.. Frankfurt will tell...

One other thing we discussed was the "is it still a GT3".
She said: "It is like Gay Marriage. It is something added to the "regular" spectrum but it's still a marragie and it does not take away anything away from all the other marriages, so why should we care if it is called marriage or just a committed relationship"?
(We had the legalization of homosexual marriage in Germany a couple of weeks ago).

I think she has a point...
TomTomTom, you're like the inner White House leakers we are all secretly grateful for... if during his marketing speak girations on an EVO magazine interview, AP makes some crack analogy about the no-spoiler GT3 and gay marriage, im going to die.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

It will be a Touring. Details announced 11 Sept. production starts Dec. Mine arrives January.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:24 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Both PDK and MT w/ the Touring would make sense, but that's not typically a major criterion.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:25 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
It will be a Touring. Details announced 11 Sept. production starts Dec. Mine arrives January.
So, is anyone allowed to place an order for one today?.. or is this just in Europe.. ? or is this just a Chris#### special?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
So, is anyone allowed to place an order for one today?.. or is this just in Europe.. ? or is this just a Chris#### special?
I have reserved allocation with my dealer for a January build which I have been mentioning for awhile. I will be allowed to spec it post the announcement because there is nothing in the system to spec the car against yet.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:18 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

I have reserved allocation with my dealer for a January build which I have been mentioning for awhile. I will be allowed to spec it post the announcement because there is nothing in the system to spec the car against yet.
Congratulations - that will be so cool.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Cedar_Land
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also scheduled for December production for the Touring.. and delivery in February...
Old 08-10-2017, 07:46 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Oooooh. So it might actually be happening
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Added some updates, looking at some of the other items people have raised.
  • Detuned engine
  • Additional Colours
  • Cost Option?

Name:  BpRxQlF.png
Views: 15
Size:  42.0 KB
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Added some updates, looking at some of the other items people have raised.
Sounds awesome! I hope they consider a PDK, especially if they allow back seats, because back seats in a 911 are pretty much always for kids (like my own) and PDK allows for more relaxed driving when you're trying to calm two lunatics in the back

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option