Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:32 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Manual Transmission will not be on the configurator until later.

The first 2.5 months of production will not include manual transmissions.
I hear allocation's are based on date not MT/PDK.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

^I think you are both sort of saying the same thing
Old 04-06-2017, 07:49 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I hear allocation's are based on date not MT/PDK.

Yes, as I said before. Allocations are given out to dealers on different production months.

There is no manual allocation or PDK allocation differentiation.

Manual transmission will not be allowed to be selected as an option for the first 2.5 months of allocations starting in July, because they won't be making them yet then. (Yes, even for VVIP clients).
Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis77
I guess I shouldn't be worried that much just yet, since I want to do a ED for next late spring season...

I have a question.

Since this is the first time a GT3 is offered with both PDK and manual, what do you think the used market will do down the road, seems to me that a huge percentage (maybe over 90%) of the total of all GT3s will be manual.
Do you think in the used car market the PDK will have more value in the long run, especially when all the previous gens were all manuals as well.
I believe you have the numbers reversed. It will be more like 80% PDK and 20% MT. Regarding resale value, I think it will be a wash for this reason. The pool of buyers for used PDK will be significantly greater than the pool of used MT buyers.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:11 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick
I believe you have the numbers reversed. It will be more like 80% PDK and 20% MT. Regarding resale value, I think it will be a wash for this reason. The pool of buyers for used PDK will be significantly greater than the pool of used MT buyers.

I may have a small pool size of data at this moment, and also its too early to tell but without going into specific numbers to share, out of the 20 or so allocations I've seen actually given out to customers to build, more than 2/3 of them currently is ordering it in manual transmission.

Again, this can change with more data that I'll see in the next few months. People can also change their mind, since they got a couple months to change builds.

Also, the number in the very beginning will be lopsided PDK because the first 120 or so GT3 built will be only PDK. After that the Manual will begin playing catch up.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:12 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Yes, as I said before. Allocations are given out to dealers on different production months.

There is no manual allocation or PDK allocation differentiation.

Manual transmission will not be allowed to be selected as an option for the first 2.5 months of allocations starting in July, because they won't be making them yet then. (Yes, even for VVIP clients).
So if my dealer has 4 allocations and the last allocation is build in October, could we spec that now and ask for MT? Or are all these allocations PDK?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by silverrules
So if my dealer has 4 allocations and the last allocation is build in October, could we spec that now and ask for MT? Or are all these allocations PDK?

Any allocations build in July through early September will be for PDK optioned only. They will not allow you to submit a build with Manual selected. The system will spit it back out.

October, for now, will be available for manual transmission option. Again, Porsche occasionally will have delays, so its never 100%.

If you want only MT then you better get that October allocation instead of the early ones. That is, I hope your dealer will give that specific allocation to you, as other people may be fighting over it if they want MT as well.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts
Default The Mclaren way...

I just received an email from mclaren with an offer for a 12-month lease on a 570s or gt... the call it the "12 month test drive".. that all sounds fine, not intersting to me but a good idea for some. Interestingly at the bottom there is some mouse print which says:

"For every new car leased through this program, the buyer will have the option to get a guaranteed build slot for a new 720S at the end of the 12 months.
For more details, please reply to this email or call"

So.. here is another way to both drive interest in your upgrade supercar, (and the perception of imminent scarcity), while moving some of the lower margin inventory on your lot. They come clean and put in writing that you get a build slot if you buy another car first under their terms... the perfect guaranteed 2 car customer for Mclaren.. the clear and honest way of getting into their new hotness and become a repeat customer for you as a buyer.

Sounds pretty smart no?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:27 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Thanks Chasoul. This is very helpfull. Going there tomorrow to hash this out.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

They specify terms of the 12 month lease?
Old 04-06-2017, 09:05 PM
DUAlum
6th Gear

So I have read through this entire thread over a number of days….

Let me pose this scenario to the folks here.

Suppose you’re a smaller dealer. Within 200 miles there are a dozen other dealers, some of them very large, and who, on a relative basis, get a large number of allocations on the specialty cars and the harder to get models (Targa’s, GTS’s, Turbo S’s those regular lower production models). Let’s say you get 4 GT allocations this time. What price should you sell them at, MSRP or market? Who should get them? Only people technically in your area, or people within that 200 mile radius, or anyone who calls first, even if they’re a flipper? How should you prioritize who gets them?

Keeping in mind a couple of things:

1) You have a couple customers who have been loyal and bought GT cars or specialty cars from you in the past. You have other clients who have bought a few different 911’s from you over the years. You have many clients who have bought more than one new Porsche (SUV) from you over the years but not more than one 911.
2) You take every car you can get from Porsche. That means all those base Macans that you make nothing on. All “extra” 2016 Panamera Hybrids that you lost money selling. All the extra built cars like Cayman S’s with $100k stickers which you’ll sell for a loss, everything. You do that to try and get one more specialty car.
3) You get the crap shopped out of you on every SUV, where you slug it out over $200 to $500 and people will drive 100 miles to save that $500 bucks. You slug it out over 7 bucks a month on a lease because the even though the guy has been in 3 times and spent a couple hours with you, he called another dealer and showed them the price he beat you up over and they’re willing to do it for 7 bucks less a month.

I have read through this thread, and I read all the “stealership” comments, and the complaining about market adjustments, or not getting an allocation even though guys have bought a few cars at dealership X before. I am not saying some of those arguments are wrong or not relevant. I am also not advocating selling at “market price”. IMO MSRP is what you sign up for when you own a dealership and you really should sell em at MSRP. I am just interested in hearing what people think when you open up the discussion about GT allocations and consider more than just what happens with the GT cars.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:08 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

That would be white and guards red for non PTS color.

As you probably can tell most Motorsport and GT RS cars are solid non-metallic paint (not all). That doesn't leave you with much choice for non PTS.
Thank you Chaosoul and Signes or the reply and great info!
Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Forum Warriors"
😂😂
Old 04-06-2017, 10:29 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Does anyone have a handle on what Chalk actually looks like?
Chalk on an overcast day. Think milky off white...
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2017, 10:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

^stale ***.
nice

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread