Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 02:10 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
Do dealers have a limited time to fill their allocations? If so, it seems like this could help drive down the markups fairly quick. For example if a dealership gets 6 allocations and they are asking for a $50k markup, and only two people on their list take a bite, it seems they would have to start dropping their markup in order to fill allocations or risk losing them or future allocations. If it's the opposite and they can hang onto unfilled allocations for a long time then they could keep waiting for someone to call and accept the $50k markup.

As some people have already mentioned. No they do not have to fill their allocations. Dealer have until about 3 weeks before the build date to submit a build or make changes to a build. However, they do not have to put a customer name on it. A lot of dealers like to build inventory cars, because people are actually more likely to pay over if they see the car already and don't have to wait a second for it. Its similar when a developer is building a new housing community or complex, when you just see a pile of dirt, and have to wait 2 years for your house or townhouse to be built, you're less likely to pay premium price. But if the community or development is already build and ready to move in (plus it looks nice), people pay all kinds of money.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:11 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by RWR
Red? do you have a build code that you would like to share? I am a fellow 981 spyder owner with GT Silver. I am considering the GT3 in either graphite blue or chalk or PTS mexico blue. My wife says to sell my Spyder to purchase the GT3 but I am leaning toward selling the Macan. I am not sure I can part with the Spyder, even for a GT3.
now if I had 2 Spyder's ...

now now, be practical

the wife is always right
Old 04-06-2017, 02:17 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Still playing with the configurator so no build code yet. Yes, may sell or trade one of the Spyders for the GT3. Dealership is the one I've been working with for a few years now. Won't be one of the first one's but I trust my S/A and he says it can happen. Fingers crossed. I hope manual trans and PTS open up. Maybe I will finally get PCCBs. Does anyone have a handle on what Chalk actually looks like? RWR, do you think I'm making a mistake by selling the Spyder for the GT3, investment-wise or in any other way?

I have seen the chalk car many times now. I've stared at this paint for an accumulated time of about 18 hours, on a real car (not sample), Panamera Turbo. It looks amazing, its slightly warmer than Fashion Grey but slightly less warm than Classic Sports Grey, they are pretty similar in lightness. Flat but very rich. Love it.

Spyder prices are going really well now so if you can get top dollar for it, I think its a good investment if you get a manual (but cheaply optioned) GT3. The cost of your PCCB will not be able to be recuperated. PCCB's 9k cost you will see about 2-3k during resale. PTS is good obviously if its a good color in terms of investment of paint cost.

Good luck! The choice is yours
Old 04-06-2017, 02:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
As some people have already mentioned. No they do not have to fill their allocations. Dealer have until about 3 weeks before the build date to submit a build or make changes to a build. However, they do not have to put a customer name on it. A lot of dealers like to build inventory cars, because people are actually more likely to pay over if they see the car already and don't have to wait a second for it. Its similar when a developer is building a new housing community or complex, when you just see a pile of dirt, and have to wait 2 years for your house or townhouse to be built, you're less likely to pay premium price. But if the community or development is already build and ready to move in (plus it looks nice), people pay all kinds of money.
As real estate is up my alley, it's actually the opposite...homebuilders actually have to discount their "quick move-in" and/or "standing inventory" homes via credits or a lower sales price as the buyers have to accept all of the options that the builder already selected even if they wouldn't have picked some of them out.

One of the reasons why I paid OVER MSRP for my RS was because I was able to spec the build and not get any useless options that have ZERO or NEGATIVE value to me.

Tell me...why doesn't PCNA require stealers to allocate GT cars to actual buyers given the known high demand for the cars?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I have seen the chalk car many times now. I've stared at this paint for an accumulated time of about 18 hours, on a real car (not sample), Panamera Turbo. It looks amazing, its slightly warmer than Fashion Grey but slightly less warm than Classic Sports Grey, they are pretty similar in lightness. Flat but very rich. Love it.

Spyder prices are going really well now so if you can get top dollar for it, I think its a good investment if you get a manual (but cheaply optioned) GT3. The cost of your PCCB will not be able to be recuperated. PCCB's 9k cost you will see about 2-3k during resale. PTS is good obviously if its a good color in terms of investment of paint cost.

Curious, in your opinion...what are some of the best PTS blues to get? Voodoo? Maritime? Club Blue? Arrow Blue?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:57 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Wow, Great Advice. Thank you

You gave me food for thought on chalk. I don't know what PTS I would do? If I could do Ultra Blue that would be amazing. I think one Spyder and one GT3 would be a great collection starter. Is this GT3 the 991.2 GT3 as opposed to the 991.1 GT3?
Old 04-06-2017, 03:10 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
As real estate is up my alley, it's actually the opposite...homebuilders actually have to discount their "quick move-in" and/or "standing inventory" homes via credits or a lower sales price as the buyers have to accept all of the options that the builder already selected even if they wouldn't have picked some of them out.

One of the reasons why I paid OVER MSRP for my RS was because I was able to spec the build and not get any useless options that have ZERO or NEGATIVE value to me.

Tell me...why doesn't PCNA require stealers to allocate GT cars to actual buyers given the known high demand for the cars?
Curious, in your opinion...what are some of the best PTS blues to get? Voodoo? Maritime? Club Blue? Arrow Blue?

Yea its true, it varies a lot depending on the market of the area, what kind of house it is? how hot and "jewel" the location is, etc. More seen in like ultra luxury high rise condos (super prime, super hot, like GT cars), but probably not in SoCal. People don't want to see a 30 stories condos to be built from ground up and wait for 3-4 years while they put a deposit and such. The developer will try to up sell it before its developed but usually with limited success. When the 30 stories high rise is finally up and running, they really can upsell the product like no other. They can also keep the condo completely unfurnished and you can still furnish it and compartment the rooms however you want. This is especially apparent in luxury high rise markets like SF, NYC, Shanghai, Tokyo, Taipei, Singapore, Hong Kong.

But yea I totally get your logic. If I was a regular customer, I would pay 10k over on a RS for example if I can build one without PCCB, since my end cost will be the same, just call my PCCB disappear into thin air to assure getting a car.

PCNA simply doesn't care enough to do so. Its not really binding if a client can back out of a car when the car arrives. I can build the most horrible car on earth (Signal Green with Guards red wheel on CXX Beige Interior) and just not buy it when it comes. If the client pays for the entire car with no cool down when they order the car, I can see them putting in something like this. Porsche in the end still likes to see some dealer have inventory on the lot. Plus there's too many ways dealers can get around it if they try to implement it (like putting a customer name on it, and say they backed out when the car comes). Porsche in the end, is not a police state, they do give some leeway to dealers.

Aqua Blue is the best PTS for GT cars..... lol jk

For resale... Voodoo blue, Mexico Blue, Riviera Blue, and Gulf Blue does best.

I like Dark Sea Blue as well.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:16 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Wow, Great Advice. Thank you

You gave me food for thought on chalk. I don't know what PTS I would do? If I could do Ultra Blue that would be amazing. I think one Spyder and one GT3 would be a great collection starter. Is this GT3 the 991.2 GT3 as opposed to the 991.1 GT3?

NP! What do you mean 991.2 to 991.1? Chalk? or the manual? Obviously you know manual is only on 991.2 GT3. If you meant the Chalk color I was staring at, its a 2017 Panamera Turbo as I mentioned above.

Choose a classic/historic Porsche color for PTS. Its best for investment stand point. I always see people PTS their RS and such in like Rosso Corsa, Grigio Telesto, Nardo Grey, I'm like *smh*, sure it looks amazing, but you literally lost the homage of historic Porsche and racing etc. A lot of people won't buy into it.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:44 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Because Porsche can't require anything from a "made" member of the racket. It can't sell a single car in the US without their good grace. Now if Don Corleone (aka the state) allowed Porsche to open its own stores, that would be a different matter. Don't hold your breath.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:45 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Chaosoul, thanks for your extremely good info.

You should Consider starting a simple "ask chaosoul" thread, where you only answer with 8 ball pictures, creating rapid-fire q&a for Max clarity & effectiveness

So when you get questions like the following....

-"Why does my butt hurt after I paid my $50k dealership ADM?

-"Does my PTS rubystar GT3RS make me look fat?"

-"LWB or sofa?"

... then you'll always have the perfect answer without potentially outing yourself with your uniquely precise and generous writing style.
Attached Images      
Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by RWR
I am not sure I can part with the Spyder, even for a GT3.
I wouldn't, especially if you're in TX hill country and not planning to do any track time. The Spyder (and any Boxster for that matter) is a superior backcountry road carver to the GT3.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 AM
SHAG
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio

You should Consider starting a simple "ask chaosoul" thread, where you only answer with 8 ball pictures, creating rapid-fire q&a for Max clarity & effectiveness

-"LWB or sofa?"

... then you'll always have the perfect answer without potentially outing yourself with your uniquely precise and generous writing style.
Thank you! 👏
Old 04-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Clearly opinions on exterior colors are subjective. That said, anyone that chooses chalk for is/her GT3 should have their head examined. It's just a horrible color for a sport car particularly the 911. I would urge anyone considering that color to see it in person on a 911.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

-"LWB or sofa?"

+1
Old 04-06-2017, 11:07 AM
chaosoul
Pro

-"LWB or sofa?"

Lol..... Thanks for this, I needed the laugh. Maybe its an idea after I test the water a bit more :P

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread