^stale ***.
nice
Say no more!...
Old 04-06-2017, 11:00 PM
yoojeankim
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Chalk on an overcast day. Think milky off white...
is it close to fashion grey? im liking this color more with black accents, i think it would really mesh well
Old 04-06-2017, 11:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,542 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by yoojeankim
is it close to fashion grey? im liking this color more with black accents, i think it would really mesh well
Think Audi Suzuka Gray.

Nearly identical.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:13 PM
yoojeankim
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Think Audi Suzuka Gray.

Nearly identical.
ah thank you! that confirms that i'll like it
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

I think its a lot lighter than shown on the configurator.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:25 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Fashion Grey early in the morning with warm light.

In my opinion Fashion is slightly darker than chalk.
Attached Images   
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I think Chalk is close to the Avalanche Gray on the new GT350/Raptors. Here was my Avalanche Gray next to a .1 GT3 in Fashion Grey. FG is more beige... Chalk will be lighter.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...on-grey-2.html
Old 04-07-2017, 01:09 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Think Audi Suzuka Gray.

Nearly identical.

To reiterate my past post:

I have seen the chalk car many times now. I've stared at this paint for an accumulated time of about 18 hours, on a real car (not sample), Panamera Turbo. It looks amazing, its slightly warmer than Fashion Grey but slightly less warm than Classic Sports Grey, they are pretty similar in lightness. Flat but very rich. Love it.

Its definitely not similar to suzuka gray. Had an Suzuka R8 parked 4 cars down the Chalk Panamera and it was completely different under the same light.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:37 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by DUAlum
So I have read through this entire thread over a number of days….

Let me pose this scenario to the folks here.

Suppose you’re a smaller dealer. Within 200 miles there are a dozen other dealers, some of them very large, and who, on a relative basis, get a large number of allocations on the specialty cars and the harder to get models (Targa’s, GTS’s, Turbo S’s those regular lower production models). Let’s say you get 4 GT allocations this time. What price should you sell them at, MSRP or market? Who should get them? Only people technically in your area, or people within that 200 mile radius, or anyone who calls first, even if they’re a flipper? How should you prioritize who gets them?

Keeping in mind a couple of things:

1) You have a couple customers who have been loyal and bought GT cars or specialty cars from you in the past. You have other clients who have bought a few different 911’s from you over the years. You have many clients who have bought more than one new Porsche (SUV) from you over the years but not more than one 911.
2) You take every car you can get from Porsche. That means all those base Macans that you make nothing on. All “extra” 2016 Panamera Hybrids that you lost money selling. All the extra built cars like Cayman S’s with $100k stickers which you’ll sell for a loss, everything. You do that to try and get one more specialty car.
3) You get the crap shopped out of you on every SUV, where you slug it out over $200 to $500 and people will drive 100 miles to save that $500 bucks. You slug it out over 7 bucks a month on a lease because the even though the guy has been in 3 times and spent a couple hours with you, he called another dealer and showed them the price he beat you up over and they’re willing to do it for 7 bucks less a month.

I have read through this thread, and I read all the “stealership” comments, and the complaining about market adjustments, or not getting an allocation even though guys have bought a few cars at dealership X before. I am not saying some of those arguments are wrong or not relevant. I am also not advocating selling at “market price”. IMO MSRP is what you sign up for when you own a dealership and you really should sell em at MSRP. I am just interested in hearing what people think when you open up the discussion about GT allocations and consider more than just what happens with the GT cars.

Not in a negative way, but sounds like you are a Porsche Sales. Your comments reminds me of the grievance of many Porsche Sales. Ha ha your description of profitability, and price shopping is just too detailed and visual.

"You take every car you can get from Porsche" This sentence gave it away.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:48 AM
Gesler
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I got the exact same response from a db at Walters in riverside.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I called Carlsen a while back about their list and the dbag who answered laughed and said they don't have any list or allocations they give out, they spec all the cars themselves and sell them at market price.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:55 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Gesler
I got the exact same response from a db at Walters in riverside.

lol at least they were honest hahahaha.

I am surprised they even tell you that. (and laugh)

Most dealers who don't take any list and spec all cars themselves, gives you some clouded response like "The list is already too long to take any" or "We haven't got any for customer build allocations".

Most of the time they will want to politely reject to save their *** on Yelp/Google reviews etc.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:42 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by chaosoul
lol at least they were honest hahahaha.
Had to post it, sorry

Reading this thread, man... it seems to be a freakin virtue boat. I subscribe to it for sure with all of you, and truly, do try to live by it. I hope most people who want to buy MSRP and frown on dealers charging more because of demand are virtuous themselves, and most importantly, make their money virtuously! Or, has anyone charged a customer or a client more because... Unlimited excuses and reasons. There is a saying: treat others like you want to be treated.

After all, this is Capitalism! Dealers are protected from our collective wrath.

PS: I do not mean to offend anyone. Just a thought.

Edit: dealers who charge MSRP, especially in CA, have to be virtuous; they value morals over money. I have been enlightened!
Old 04-07-2017, 04:59 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

With all said above, I have an idea for a Porsche GT list.

Disclose how you made your money to by the next Porsche GT car. The most "moral" will be on the top of the list. Does it sound fair?

Edit: I have a feeling, some GT owners will never buy Porsches again, especially flippers.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:06 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
After all, this is Capitalism! Dealers are protected from our collective wrath.
No. In capitalism Porsche would be free to sell to whomever they want. Dealers are enabled by the state to stop Porsche from doing so. Google 'crony capitalism'.

The wrath stems from the dealers' state-sponsored racket, not from prices adjusting to supply and demand (capitalism).

Eventually, prices do find their levels in the secondary market so the two main downsides of the current system are:
1. Dealers/flippers reaping $ rents from their crony status
2. Actual buyers/drivers not being able to spec their cars as first buyers in a free PRIMARY market

I've seen worse things in life...
Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by DUAlum
2) You take every car you can get from Porsche. That means all those base Macans that you make nothing on. All “extra” 2016 Panamera Hybrids that you lost money selling. All the extra built cars like Cayman S’s with $100k stickers which you’ll sell for a loss, everything. You do that to try and get one more specialty car.
3) You get the crap shopped out of you on every SUV, where you slug it out over $200 to $500 and people will drive 100 miles to save that $500 bucks. You slug it out over 7 bucks a month on a lease because the even though the guy has been in 3 times and spent a couple hours with you, he called another dealer and showed them the price he beat you up over and they’re willing to do it for 7 bucks less a month.
Must be tough, especially compared to ditch-digging. Is this why there are dozens of Porsche dealerships languishing for sale on Ebay at $1 and no one wants them?

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread