Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 03:29 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
chaosoul, you've been very helpful with some insight. Curious, if you've been on RL for 7yrs, why start a new recent alias and start posting from it?
Originally Posted by STG
Isn't Champion still the #1 volume Porsche dealer in the US??

Anyone have an idea of the top 5??

31 allocations to fill?? Really? 31 x $25K = $775,000.00 only in market adjustment?

Champion is still the #1 volume dealer in North America.

Top 5 list changes all the time, they go monthly and quarterly.

Haven't checked it for awhile, for a time last year it was:

Champion, Beverly Hills, South Bay, Newport Beach, Manhattan

and yes, anonymity.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

So top 5 or so

Champion - FL
Beverly Hills - CA
South Bay - CA
Newport Beach - CA
Manhattan - NYC

Combined imagine the # of GT allocations?

All look like "market adjustment" dealers?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
I didn't ask to be on the list. I bought my 991.1 GT3 through them, so they just cold called me.
Tempted to call them and offer $10k, but I'm gonna reach out to my SA locally again first.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I try avoiding any sales tax when possible and getting any discount I can. That's me.

CA? Contribute all you want. They have it spent already.
Bunch of NIMBY idiots are spending tax money in the People Republic of CA...I try to give them as little as I can.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:48 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul

and yes, anonymity.
I thought Park Place would have been in the top 5...are they right behind those stealers?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Tempted to call them and offer $10k, but I'm gonna reach out to my SA locally again first.

Prepare yourself

Name:  photo230.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  1,005.3 KB
Name:  photo860.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  212.9 KB
Old 04-05-2017, 03:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

They might not find enough people willing to pay $25k over so worth a shot. See if you can get a PTS manual allocation.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Prepare yourself

Attachment 1152448
True, but on the flip side, that might be the reaction they're getting a few months from now when nobody bites on the premium and they have to ride the price curve downward. I'm very curious to see if anyone if actually paying these premiums.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:01 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

and yes, anonymity.
Originally Posted by STG
So top 5 or so

Champion - FL
Beverly Hills - CA
South Bay - CA
Newport Beach - CA
Manhattan - NYC

Combined imagine the # of GT allocations?

All look like "market adjustment" dealers?
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I thought Park Place would have been in the top 5...are they right behind those stealers?
You are correct. AFAIK they usually compete in the top 3. At least that what I was told at the time I got my GT4. I also know that they apparently got the first Cayman R coming into the US and are a perennial Premier dealer.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:01 PM
STG
Race Director

True, but on the flip side, that might be the reaction they're getting a few months from now when nobody bites on the premium and they have to ride the price curve downward. I'm very curious to see if anyone if actually paying these premiums.

I think $25K will be on the top end now of what many would be willing to pay. The $50K is a pipe dream. Now, you'll get the flippers that get in for MSRP to $15K, who then will try and flip for more when they hit the ground.

If everyone refused to play the games now, that would be priceless. Have them squirm.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo822.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  266.8 KB

Name:  photo837.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  338.4 KB

Last edited by STG; 04-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Everyone has cars already here. Enjoy what you have!! No need to feed the hype for mark ups.

Cars drop in price longer they sit. They are a depreciating asset.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:22 PM
midwestamv8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The statistics for resale of 991.1 GT3 with LWB is not enough to gather an accurate information as many of you know, since the seats were only available during the ladder half of the production.

However, it is extremely apparent in the GT4. Yes, GT3 and GT4 are not identical cars, and the buyers are slightly different and may use it for different purposes.

When a buyer calls to try to buy a used GT4 or new GT4, one of the one first thing most buyer ask is that if it has the bucket seats. Out of all the options, having PCCB or not, having full leather or not, Nav, color, etc, LWB is an extreme in terms of people's acceptance on buying a GT4. Most people after thinking can possibly overlook brakes, colors, leather. But too many buyers expressed complete uninterest after knowing its not LWB. As many of you from planet9 forum knows, a lot of members end up buying the second GT4 because they couldn't get the first GT4 in LWBs.

Therefore, its causing an 8-10k difference in average transaction price. Not listing prices, but actual sales transactions, Mannheim auctions, and Pacific auto auctions. Partially this is also due to the scarcity of the part in the first half of the GT4 production, which is going to happen next year or 2019 as well. GT2RS, GT3RS, GT4RS will all get the hierarchy of LWB supplies before GT3, which is why it was almost impossible to get LWB in boxster spyders ( 918 -> saving parts for 911R -> GT3RS -> GT4 -> Boxster Spyder).

Personally I love driving the LWB as daily and on the road, but its each to their own. If you are going to drive it a lot, then really you should buy what you like more. It should be comfortable for you to sit in for an hour to two.
Wow, thank you very much for the insight. I'm nearly certain I'm going to get the 18 ways on my GT3, and I wanted to share why to see if anyone else feels the same way or see if you agree with some of my logic.

I've always wanted to buy a new Porsche 911 and spec it the way I want. I'm finally in the position in my life, and lo and behold, they make all the non "turbo" cars turbo! UGH. I'd have probably been fine with an S or a GTS, but not now. I still want to spec a Porsche 911 from new, but NA and manual are requirements. It's not a track car, just a sporting car for spirited street driving... and since I can't get what I want in a normal 911, I'm going the GT3 route. Not that that's a bad thing, as the 4.0L and more visceral feel of the GT3 vs say, an S, would be very welcome to me. But I just *don't* want a turbocharged Porsche, even if it's a Turbo or Turbo S.

That all being said, and knowing what I will use the car for, it makes sense for me to spec it close to what I really want, which is closer to a 911 with the luxuries - leather dash, bose, 18 ways, leather steering column... probably a ton of crap your historical "GT" buyer doesn't care for. But what about your enthusiasts who want a 911 but feel the same as I do? That they want a naturally aspirated 911 for street cruising with a manual... with as many of the luxuries the GT3 can have.

It's because there's no other way to get a 911 with a naturally aspirated engine outside of the GT cars anymore that I think 18 ways or other luxuries could really start having a market on these cars. Regardless, I'm probably getting the 18 ways because I'll be spending hours and hours in the car and want to be comfortable. I imagine there are other that feel like I do and will want the car for similar reasons. Track junkies are going to want the PDK anyways. I think maybe PDK cars with sofa seats will be hard to sell, but manuals with sofas... perhaps not as much.

Anyways, just wanted to share a bit of my perspective on why I'm getting the GT3 and why I'm nearly certain I'll be getting the 18 ways.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a call from my dealership that I received my PTS allocation. Going in tomorrow AM to do final specs. Will follow up with build date then. Very excited

And yes at MSRP!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:01 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Wow, thank you very much for the insight. I'm nearly certain I'm going to get the 18 ways on my GT3, and I wanted to share why to see if anyone else feels the same way or see if you agree with some of my logic.

I've always wanted to buy a new Porsche 911 and spec it the way I want. I'm finally in the position in my life, and lo and behold, they make all the non "turbo" cars turbo! UGH. I'd have probably been fine with an S or a GTS, but not now. I still want to spec a Porsche 911 from new, but NA and manual are requirements. It's not a track car, just a sporting car for spirited street driving... and since I can't get what I want in a normal 911, I'm going the GT3 route. Not that that's a bad thing, as the 4.0L and more visceral feel of the GT3 vs say, an S, would be very welcome to me. But I just *don't* want a turbocharged Porsche, even if it's a Turbo or Turbo S.

That all being said, and knowing what I will use the car for, it makes sense for me to spec it close to what I really want, which is closer to a 911 with the luxuries - leather dash, bose, 18 ways, leather steering column... probably a ton of crap your historical "GT" buyer doesn't care for. But what about your enthusiasts who want a 911 but feel the same as I do? That they want a naturally aspirated 911 for street cruising with a manual... with as many of the luxuries the GT3 can have.

It's because there's no other way to get a 911 with a naturally aspirated engine outside of the GT cars anymore that I think 18 ways or other luxuries could really start having a market on these cars. Regardless, I'm probably getting the 18 ways because I'll be spending hours and hours in the car and want to be comfortable. I imagine there are other that feel like I do and will want the car for similar reasons. Track junkies are going to want the PDK anyways. I think maybe PDK cars with sofa seats will be hard to sell, but manuals with sofas... perhaps not as much.

Anyways, just wanted to share a bit of my perspective on why I'm getting the GT3 and why I'm nearly certain I'll be getting the 18 ways.
You might want to see how far you can push it out and see if the rumored "touring package" will be available at your spec finalization. Rumor has it it will include a back seat and a wing delete to improve your rearward vision.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread